Me&boyfreind going to uni Watch

Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xxstace123xx)
Hows that?, I simply said iIlove to be with him, and never mentioned or implied that people in long distance relationships don't love to see their partners, in fact I think that they will probably appreciate the other person more. & I happen to think it is really romantic, i'm just not sure!
For someone who's allegedly going to get an A or above in her GCSE English you should know that there's a difference between what you said and what you implied :rolleyes:
xxstace123xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
How do you even know you want to study Psychology, seeing as you haven't ever studied it formally?
My aunty is one, and my dad's friend is one, and they influence me so much, I am so interested in what they do, Ok I may change my mind, but it just looks like the perfect job for me
LearningMath
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
For someone who's allegedly going to get an A or above in her GCSE English you should know that there's a difference between what you said and what you implied :rolleyes:
Silly! Shes not heading for an A. Shes heading for an A/A*! :p:
xxstace123xx
Rep:
?
For someone who's allegedly going to get an A or above in her GCSE English you should know that there's a difference between what you said and what you implied
I do not see how I implied this? If you could let me know, and i'm sorry if i did, I didn't mean to
elziebelzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OP, i'm a similarish age to you so i can vaguely see where you are coming from.
at the moment it seems like your boyfriend is the only guy in the world but i can tell you now that there will be many more and i wouldnt put all your eggs in one basket just yet.
wait until this time next year at least before you even consider going to the same university.
people change as they get older so you dont know how things are going to be in 2 years. have you never had a friend who you've just grown apart from for no particular reason? just because your personalities changed as you got older?

just slow down and focus on whats happening tomorrow instead of whats happening in 2 years!

p.s. dont worry about spelling and grammar. people on TSR are just a bit obsessed with it
Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
2 things.

1 NEVER EVER go to a place of study due to a friend/boyfriend - what if you break up? You'll be in a place you hate. Secondly as aforementioned, your degree will stay with you.

2 You mean 'My boyfriend AND I want to go to the same university".

Thank you, come again.
elziebelzie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think its so ridiculous that people actually think they are cool when they correct the OP on her spelling and grammar.

seriously, get over yourselves :rolleyes:
nearlyheadlessian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by elziebelzie)
p.s. dont worry about spelling and grammar. people on TSR are just a bit obsessed with it
No, I would worry. Because universities won't accept you if you can't spell or punctuate.
tokyorose888
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what if you break up whilst your in uni? not much point of it in the first place is there?
Jozaphinee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, shes really been slated on this thread..
elziebelzie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
No, I would worry. Because universities won't accept you if you can't spell or punctuate.
she is typing on an internet forum! not applying for bloody oxford!
elziebelzie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ahh great - neg repped for voicing an opinion.
xxstace123xx
Rep:
?
OP, i'm a similarish age to you so i can vaguely see where you are coming from.
at the moment it seems like your boyfriend is the only guy in the world but i can tell you now that there will be many more and i wouldnt put all your eggs in one basket just yet.
wait until this time next year at least before you even consider going to the same university.
people change as they get older so you dont know how things are going to be in 2 years. have you never had a friend who you've just grown apart from for no particular reason? just because your personalities changed as you got older?

just slow down and focus on whats happening tomorrow instead of whats happening in 2 years!

Ok thankyou, i see what you mean about spelling and grammar! I really worry about the future, well we have been together for a while and both progressed with our personalities, its strange, we just click.
xxstace123xx
Rep:
?
No, I would worry. Because universities won't accept you if you can't spell or punctuat
What could you spell every word correctly and have all your punctuation perfect when you where 15? because I don't know many that do, especially when i am posting on a forum!! It is ridiculous, how can you judge if i can go to university on my grammar on a post?
Helio)))sophist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think its so ridiculous that people actually think they are cool clever when they correct the OP on her spelling and grammar.

seriously, get over yourselves :rolleyes:
exactly.
pandora7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok thankyou, i see what you mean about spelling and grammar! I really worry about the future, well we have been together for a while and both progressed with our personalities, its strange, we just click.
poor you, got attacked for spelling and grammar lol

my bf and i are not going to the same uni but we're still going to try and make it work. it's important to both of us that we pick the right uni for us individualy and the right course without the influence of the other. though we wouldn't be staying in the same halls, same uni etcetc but we will only be less than hour away so it's not really going to kill us. if you somehow manage to stay with your boyfriend till you're 18 there is a chance for a relationship to work even if you're not in the same uni. . howver you're only 15, love. hate to break it to you, the guy i was convinced i was going to love forever when i was 15 is no longer in my life. people change, things change. you have to put yourself and your future first (at this age).
tropicalcoconuts3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes we will see, think you will be eating your head. Your probably all older than me, so obviously you have better grammar, i will get an A because all ny coursework is A* and my practice exam was the highest A grade, just because i don't always spell everything right because i've made a typing error or i have wrote it in text form doesn't mean i'm not good at english, i just dont spend time looking at what my spelling is like on a post, it is only a post people. I would also like to point out that i asked for advice not everyone telling me it wont happen, if you have some advice please let me know, if not then don't bother posting!!
You go girl! Seriously, you haven't been on TSR long so you should probably know that half the people here are so up their own ass they just want to bring others down to feel superior, ignore it, I'm predicted an A in English at A level but my spelling and grammar are really bad online! You are hardly gonna write the same way in your coursework as you would on an internet forum! This is called CONTEXT people and if you people were any good at English you would understand this...

Anyway as for the advise...well I must say I agree with a lot of these people who are saying it's unlikely you and your boyfriend will be together when it comes to university, but that's not to say it wont happen! For now, concentrate on choosing your A levels and believe me, in the next 2 years you will change your mind A LOT! Not only eductaion-wise, but socially too. You might suddenly discover the world of clubbing and realise you are missing out on alot of exploration as many teenagers want to experience. I don't know you, so I can't judge whether you are the type of girl to party or the type to stay with one person forever, but I can tell you, you don't want to make a decision that you will regret. My current boyfriend and I have decided to both go to Uni in London, well I decided this and he cancelled all his choices for me and applied through ucas extra to go to a london university. If you do decide to do something similar, make sure you give each other some space- don't do the same course, apply for the same halls or even go to the same Uni. I'm going to King's college and my boyfriend to Roehampton. That way if we break up, chances are we won't bump into eachother (unless its fate :rolleyes: )

Sorry to go on and on (you like English so you probably don't mind reading!) but like I said, live for the moment, don't make too many plans because if one of them doesn't come true, you will be kicking yourself and will be filled with dissapointment and regret. I know at 15 I was looking at Universities, purely because I was bored of the same old cumpulsary education and was excited for this new experience. So yeah, good on you for doing your research now, but it doesn't mean you or your boyfriend should commit yourself to anything now. Over the last two years I have changed immensley, and you might too. Good luck with everything
sweetlovinchick2k1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .pushing.charlotte.)
you'r 15 for christs sake.
why the hell are you thinking about uni?
I was thinking about uni at 15, a lot of schools start introducing uni in Year 10. I even knew before the school mentioned it that it was something that I wanted to do.

(Original post by ryan*TANK)
stupid idea
Completely agree, and considering that you are only 15 (OP) you seriously need to consider if you will still be together in 3 years time.

I don't mean to offend you, but at 15 you have alot of growing up to do and yes, at the moment you may love him but you will both grow up, change and alot of people your age who think they will be with their boyfriends forever rarely are and usually split up before or shortly afer being together a year.
juicyfruit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just don't do it!
You'll regret it if the relationship falls apart, plus isn't it nice to do things outside of being a couple?
xxstace123xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by tropicalcoconuts3)
You go girl! Seriously, you haven't been on TSR long so you should probably know that half the people here are so up their own ass they just want to bring others down to feel superior, ignore it, I'm predicted an A in English at A level but my spelling and grammar are really bad online! You are hardly gonna write the same way in your coursework as you would on an internet forum! This is called CONTEXT people and if you people were any good at English you would understand this...

Anyway as for the advise...well I must say I agree with a lot of these people who are saying it's unlikely you and your boyfriend will be together when it comes to university, but that's not to say it wont happen! For now, concentrate on choosing your A levels and believe me, in the next 2 years you will change your mind A LOT! Not only eductaion-wise, but socially too. You might suddenly discover the world of clubbing and realise you are missing out on alot of exploration as many teenagers want to experience. I don't know you, so I can't judge whether you are the type of girl to party or the type to stay with one person forever, but I can tell you, you don't want to make a decision that you will regret. My current boyfriend and I have decided to both go to Uni in London, well I decided this and he cancelled all his choices for me and applied through ucas extra to go to a london university. If you do decide to do something similar, make sure you give each other some space- don't do the same course, apply for the same halls or even go to the same Uni. I'm going to King's college and my boyfriend to Roehampton. That way if we break up, chances are we won't bump into eachother (unless its fate :rolleyes: )

Sorry to go on and on (you like English so you probably don't mind reading!) but like I said, live for the moment, don't make too many plans because if one of them doesn't come true, you will be kicking yourself and will be filled with dissapointment and regret. I know at 15 I was looking at Universities, purely because I was bored of the same old cumpulsary education and was excited for this new experience. So yeah, good on you for doing your research now, but it doesn't mean you or your boyfriend should commit yourself to anything now. Over the last two years I have changed immensley, and you might too. Good luck with everything

Many thanks! much help !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads