The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

GemmyMonster
I've lost all interest in doing arts subjects. I probably could, but meh.

I was always adamant I'd never have kids or get married. Then I seriously thought this through.

Now I've decided I might have a partner (married.. not sure.), but not kids. But now I don't not want kids in a childish way, it's in a thought through way.

My rats are my babies!

lol i dont care about that partner crap, when it happens it happens (then again men think differently to women and dont care about this soppy crap)

at the moment i just want to get into a good uni for comp sci and land a job at an IT consultancy/good tech firm
Hmm.. yes you think its all planned out but life NEVER is the way you plan it..
Maybe ur business will go bust?
Maybe you dont get the grades?!
You just never know..
Saying that.. its always good to have a plan and something to work for!
Reply 82
doubt i will ever have a plan at whatever age. i'm all about last minute, spontaneous, reckless decisions. it's worked both ways for me.
Reply 83
No plans, they suck, sets you up for disappointment too
Umm, never thought of it as a life plan but I guess that i know what i want to do with my life. I'm starting medicine in September, once I've been working for a couple of years I want a baby or two, i would like to live abroad for a while and i might get married.
Reply 85
Im 18 now, and i had more life plans when i was 15/16 than i do now.. back then i had it all planned out & about a million things i wanted to do & what order i was gonna do them in, but now im just taking things as they come - i have plans as far as my place at uni goes, if i even get my grades! & no idea any further than that!
Reply 86
i think i have a life plan- pass my exams go to med school, graduate do my foundation years and take up surgery as my speciality, then go to america and work there, but i have this sinking feeling that if i let myself hope too much for it or spend too much time planning i wont spend enough time working on actually completing my plans and they'll all cave around
eg. spending all my time watching greys anatomy instead of writing my personal statement!
I had a plan but things certainly havn't gone the way I wanted them to. In someways my life now is better then what I planned! I think it is impossible to plan your life at 16, everyone trys but life will through things at you that just don't fit in with the plan. :smile:

Sam xx
TheRandomer
:biggrin: *high 5* Couldn't have put it better myself. Fancy joining my Beatles soc?
Hmm, yeah. Nothing ever works out like you'd expect. A few years ago I was planning to be a liguist working in international banking, but now I can't imagine doing anything else but Physics. As for the lifestyle and everything.. who knows! Take any opportunities that float your way, don't stay fixated on the one plan.

.. edit again.. it's nice to have goals, though.. like, something to strive for.

Yeah because what with me being from Liverpool I MUST like the Beatles, right?:mad:

Well, I do. :p: :biggrin:

I'll be there in a sec.
Reply 89
1. Get AAAA at A levels in History, Maths, Philosophy and Politics.
2. Go to Oxford and study PPE for 3 years.
3. So to BPP and do a Graduate Diploma in Law for a year.
4. Then do my Bar Vocational Course for year.
5. Then do a pupilage for year.
6. Start working as a Barrister.
7. Become a Conservative MP at aged 28
8. Become a member of the shadow cabinet at 32.
9. Become leader of the opposition by the time I am 36-38.
10. Become Prime Minister by the time I am 40.
11. Buy an Island.
12. Get married and have children.
13. Get drunk and have lots of sex along the way.
14. Come up with lots of famous quotes which will be used as signature's on TSR
15. Become a better catholic.
16. Die old and Gracefully.
17. Funeral Service conducted by the Pope and then be buried in Vatican City.
18. Enjoy heaven :cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats my life plan, lets hope it goes well :rolleyes:

Grant :biggrin:
college, then uni, then im not suuree, would like to move abroad or travel a bit though
colleg( dont know what subjects), uni (dont know what subjects), and then a ice job that gives me that warm fuzzy satisfying feeling at the end of the day, along with a ncie pay check, and a wife and kids at home. A nice holiday every year, an okay car... I'd love to spend my saturday nights watching casualty and or any other crap on tv, with a nice takeaway and my favourite people around me :biggrin:
I'm 18 and I don't have ****ing clue.

Latest

Trending

Trending