Inequality In Real Life? Watch

Lychee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Exactly Jelkin:

To quote my self from a previous thread:

I always wonder why people object to feminists focusing on issues where women are discriminated against and not on areas in which men are discriminated against.

Feminists are a self interest group. Their agenda (if they can be said to have one- it is not a unified movement) Is to promote equality by addressing areas of injustice against women. They have no mandate to do this for men.

Let me draw you a comparison.

The disabled rights movement has as its goal to promote equality for disabled people. It has no interest in promoting rights for black people/ethnic minorities. Because the movement has thought deeply around issues relating to equality it is likely that most people within it take the general position that black people should have equal rights. Additionally some of the members of the movement will be Black/ethnic minority so there is an overlap of interests. However no matter how sympathetic the disability movement is to the cause of race discrimination they have no specific mandate to fight for black rights BECAUSE THEY ARE A DISABILITY RIGHTS MOVEMENT. They may get involved on campaigning in areas where race and disability rights overlap but no-one can blame them because they are spending all their time talking about disabilities and havent done anything about race discrimination.

Do you not see how this applies to the feminist movement? They are fighting for equality nbut they are fighting from a womans perspective, with the mandate to allow women to catch up with men in areas where they are discriminated against. Whilst they should be careful to not take rights away from men they do not have any obligation to fight for men in areas where me feel discriminated against. If men feel like this then they should form their own groups and fight for themselves.
As for the cancer thing let me break it down for you.
Firstly Breast cancer is the most still the commonest cancer in the uk.

Right now the history thing:

30 years or so ago many many more women were dying from Breast Cancer. In fact only 50% of women survived (this is now up to 81%) and the only cure at the time was a masectomy- obvioulsy not a very nice thing. Funding for treating the disease was low. Realising this lots of women (and men) got together and started to campaign for more publicity for BC. They raised money, they taught people how to check for early signs, they developed new treatments. They generally got BC moved up from low on the agenda to high on the agenda through their tireless campaigning. That is why BC funding is higher than prostate funding. If you really care about your fellow men trhen take a leaf out of the women's book and get up there and fight. i am sure the Breast cancer charities will be happy to point you in the right direction. You never know you might even be able to team up and do unisex events.

Incidently the survival rates for men with prostate cancer was 74.4% So a good 6 points behind BC i grant you but when you take into account that the demographic of men who get prostate cancer is slightly older than women with BC so that probably evens it up by 1 or 2%. Ther is a discrepency but it isnt massive. Get off your arse and campaign for prostate cancer screening and the rate will soon go down.
nolongerhearthemusic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by WithFlyingColours)
Yeah, that must be right. No logic, get a grip.

So our roles aren't determined by our sex? Just going to undo millions of years of evolution by your silly little movement are you? I think not.

Why has history been written as it is? Why have women historically been in the home?

Women and men have different genetic make up. Women can give birth, which is vital to human existence. Men are hard wired to provide for their family.

You need to sort it out, you really do.
Yes, I get it already. You are a misogynist.
Seven_Three
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
Yes, I get it already. You are a misogynist.
Just because someone doesn't agree with your cultural marxist interpretation of gender roles doesn't make them a misogynist.
nolongerhearthemusic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Seven_Three)
Just because someone doesn't agree with your cultural marxist interpretation of gender roles doesn't make them a misogynist.
Right, so "women should stick to the roles defined by their gender - cook, clean, have babies, serve me and for god's sake let the men do the REAL WORK!" is not offensive?

If you believe women can't choose their role however they please, and that their role is defined by their uterus, yes sorry you are a misogynist.
Seven_Three
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Right, so "women should stick to the roles defined by their gender - cook, clean, have babies, serve me and for god's sake let the men do the REAL WORK!" is not offensive?
Offensive or not that is a stupid comment.

If you believe women can't choose their role however they please, and that their role is defined by their uterus, yes sorry you are a misogynist.
It sorta is. Women need to have children, at least two each or more. The feminist war against the family and sensible societal gender roles in what really hurts women.
nolongerhearthemusic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It sorta is. Women need to have children, at least two each or more. The feminist war against the family and sensible societal gender roles in what really hurts women.
No. Women do not need to have children.
WithFlyingColours
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't in my post say that now, did I?

I'm saying that we are not the same. You can't pretend that there aren't differences between men and women. It is the natural thing that men provide. Doesn't mean the lady can't work aswell, but there is a reason why things have happened how they've happened. It's the natural thing that women give birth and look after the house and home. Doesn't mean you have to, it's just that's the natural normality of it.

You're just a name caller and clearly not on the same level. I'd be surprised if you even know what a misogynist is. For future reference:

Misogynist:
n.
One who hates women.
adj.
Of or characterized by a hatred of women.

I've shown no hatred of women. I'm just telling you how it is.

While that is your view, and not all women have children, 80% do and it is the main function of women whether you like it or not. It's the reason you have a uterus, it's there to be used. It's the reason you're curved at the hips - for child bearing.

The feminist war against the family and sensible societal gender roles in what really hurts women.
Very true. Feminists are at the heart of our ever quickening loss of family values.
Seven_Three
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How would society function without children?

Don't believe all these lies that the crack pot feminists tell you, they only do it for thier own political power. They have no vested interest in your improvement or happiness.
nolongerhearthemusic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How would society function without children?
Um. The world has TOO MANY people.

Don't believe all these lies that the crack pot feminists tell you, they only do it for thier own political power. They have no vested interest in your improvement or happiness.
Feminists today are interested in women's rights, in employment, abortion etc. They are very much interested in women's happiness.
Bornstubborn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Feminists are a nuisance, they have really destroyed family values.

The feminists are the same people who are now getting upset by the amount of delinquent males who were brought up in the single parent homes that they originally advocated.
''women can do it on your own''...... but when there are delinquent boys created from their anti-family beliefs, they are horrible mysogonist men.
nolongerhearthemusic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bornstubborn)
Feminists are a nuisance, they have really destroyed family values.

The feminists are the same people who are now getting upset by the amount of delinquent males who were brought up in the single parent homes that they originally advocated.
''women can do it on your own''...... but when there are delinquent boys created from their anti-family beliefs, they are horrible mysogonist men.
Yeah it's totally the woman's fault she is a single parent.
RJ555
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blahbloo)
Went to this shop Zavvi, I don't know if it's meant to be male-orietated shop but every single worker there was male- 15 workers, all of them male. Didnt bother to give my CV into the shop, of course. Waste of time. :p:
How do you know if you didn't apply, maybe it was just that lots of girls were put off from working there just like you were (due to there being men), rather than any discrimination actually taking place. I wouldn't mind if I had to work with all women, Id still apply. I know loads of girls who work in PC World/Computer which are probably seen as "male" shops.
Bornstubborn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah it's totally the woman's fault she is a single parent.
Inability to choose decent mates, cheating, divorce etc

I think the majority of divorces are instaigated by women. I think it is no coincidense that feminism has been advocating the breakdown of family values and now we have huge family breakdown.

Well Done feminism, you are ****ing the world up!
Seven_Three
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Um. The world has TOO MANY people.
No it doesn't. Britain especially has too few people, too few white people anyway.

Feminists today are interested in women's rights, in employment, abortion etc. They are very much interested in women's happiness.
You'd think that wouldn't you. A small group never has the majourities values at heart, history has proven this true.
nolongerhearthemusic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
too few white people anyway..
??

What do you mean by this?
nolongerhearthemusic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Inability to choose decent mates, cheating, divorce etc

I think the majority of divorces are instaigated by women. I think it is no coincidense that feminism has been advocating the breakdown of family values and now we have huge family breakdown.

Well Done feminism, you are ****ing the world up!
Yes, divorces are all the fault of women.

lol misogyny.
Bornstubborn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, divorces are all the fault of women.

lol misogyny.
Most divorces are instigated by women.

lol misandry.
Seven_Three
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
??

What do you mean by this?
There are too many minorities here and they have too many children (because thier people aren't bogged down with carcigenic feminism). The white women have been plugged with feminism and aren't having enough children. It's entirely the possiblitiy that we'll be a minority in England within 50 years.
nolongerhearthemusic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most divorces are instigated by women.

lol misandry.
Yeah because they caused the breakdown of a marriage all on their own.

Well done, you know a nice long word! Now learn how to use it in context.
nolongerhearthemusic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are too many minorities here and they have too many children (because thier people aren't bogged down with carcigenic feminism). The white women have been plugged with feminism and aren't having enough children. It's entirely the possiblitiy that we'll be a minority in England within 50 years.
Yay racism!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise