Why Can't I Get a Job, grrrr.... Watch

rouge234
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
hey thanx eskimoJo!!! i thought soo cant b dat popular bt still i'll apply.. atleast i will earn some money!!
thanksss for helpin me out!!!! i'll let u knw if dey call me up for an interview lol
lizzierocks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by EskimoJo)
I don't even know factories when I see them! And I just searched factory jobs in London and didn't seem to get any good results! How did you find the job?
it was advertised on www.reed.co.uk i think

so i applied, the lady called me up and offered me the job.

wonderful!! it might be harder in london to get a factory job, but theyre usually located in industrial estates, which is where i work. i dont know about them in london, pretty sure thye exist just not in the centre!
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lizzierocks)
it was advertised on www.reed.co.uk i think

so i applied, the lady called me up and offered me the job.

wonderful!! it might be harder in london to get a factory job, but theyre usually located in industrial estates, which is where i work. i dont know about them in london, pretty sure thye exist just not in the centre!
Well, I've been looking in the whole of Greater London and beyond (Essex, Kent, Middlesex, Surrey)! *sigh* :rolleyes: So, I'm sure the factories for stores located in London would be just outside London. I'm registered to Reed, I'll give it a go ( I just Googled it before).
Thanks!
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've been looking for about 8 months and I've had no luck either. I've handed out CVs/ sent off application forms/ written covering letters (depending on what the job is), gotten career advice and had people look over my CV, looked on the internet, in newspapers, at the Job centre, gone around shops and supermarkets, and it hasn't really gotten me anywhere. I've had a few interviews/people contacting me back but the few places that would have been willing to take me on have had a problem with where I live (I live in a countryside village with a terrible bus service), and have said they want someone who lives nearer/would be able to get into work at any time. Takes the piss!
Roobagnall
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
maybe you should look at why no one wants to employ you....?

Sorry but it mite help
Knut_the_bear
Report 10 years ago
I finished first year and I'm looking for a summer job. It's so hard to find temporary jobs around here. I asked in every shop in town. A few asked for a CV but none of them rang me back. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Oddjob39A
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not joking but getting your 'first job' in order to gain that vital experience is potentially one of the most frustrating and often down-right impossible things you may ever have to face (in context obviously)

As someone else pointed out; you often get rejected for jobs because you have no experience, but you need to get a job to get experience, but to get the job you need experience etc etc etc

A vicious cycle to break but once you break it - the world is your oyster.

I found the easiest way to overcome this was by volunteering.

I got a job at QVC and three seperate jobs at my University mainly all because I had volunteered at a local A&E department in my spare time (all four intervieweers were hugely impressed by this, especially the QVC job; it was my first ever paid employment and my voluntary experience appeared to sway the decision firmly in my favour despite the fact I had NO work experience what-so-ever)
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you strong? :p: yes?
You're like my own personal job person :p:
sozzberry
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have no previous working experience, ad need to write a CV, what the heck do I write?? If anyone has an example of one they could show me that would be amazing. Thanks.
BWFC_K
Report 10 years ago
stupid me why didnt i think of factorys!!! i live in bolton for gods sake they are everywhere haha
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
You're like my own personal job person :p:
Yes. Pay me! :p: Again. Experience not needed.
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes. Pay me! :p: Again. Experience not needed.
If I could afford to then I would!
I'm in the process of filling out some application forms to send off tomorrow. I know it might be too late but I've gotta keep trying!
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm still trying, so I PRAY it's not too late! Good luck, good luck! If you get a job and they need temporary staff, give me a shout yeah?!
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm still trying, so I PRAY it's not too late! Good luck, good luck! If you get a job and they need temporary staff, give me a shout yeah?!
Definately.
I hope I can find something!
I'm applying to a part time job at the moment and they're asking for my Current/Last Employer so I'm trying to sort something out, because I have nothing!
lizzierocks
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
or, you could lie?

my friend lied, said she got a c in her maths gcse and she got a d...

she got her boyfriend to tell the people where he works to give her a good reference... she'd never sold anything in her life

got a job in 3 selling mobile phones!
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lizzierocks)
or, you could lie?

my friend lied, said she got a c in her maths gcse and she got a d...

she got her boyfriend to tell the people where he works to give her a good reference... she'd never sold anything in her life

got a job in 3 selling mobile phones!
I'm trying to lie. I need to find someone to lie for me. Not many of my friends have jobs at the moment.
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm determined to do it without lying. I know my parents won't let me live in the streets at uni and I have no family to support, so I'd rather do the right thing.

Psycho! I've been posting jobs on the 'Everyone in London..' thread, whoops! Here you go!
Happyness
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
does that site actually work/is it real? after from the job centre plus website I don't ind any others real vacancies because I applied to them and there was no response.
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm determined to do it without lying. I know my parents won't let me live in the streets at uni and I have no family to support, so I'd rather do the right thing.

Psycho! I've been posting jobs on the 'Everyone in London..' thread, whoops! Here you go!
I can't do full time
I'm still at 6th form.

And what 'Everyone in London..' thread?
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
I can't do full time
I'm still at 6th form.

And what 'Everyone in London..' thread?
Ohhhhh! I thought when you said you had a year until Uni that you meant you had a year off! That's why I've been linking you to full time stuff! Whoops, sorries!
I meant this thread, but they're probably full-time too. Just try Gumtree.
Keep trying! I've got a Sainsbury's interview on Tuesday!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads