Report 10 years ago
^no, they can't
memenme_1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazylemon)
I had the first one but diddnt find It overly useful, might find It good for BMAT though. Got very good score though, 755 whether this was because of the book or because of othwer practice I dont know
Congratulations for getting that score. I got my exam next week and i dont feel like i am ready for it. I was wandering you know the practise questions that are provided in the official ukcat book, how close are they as to questions in the real exam?
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by memenme_1)
Congratulations for getting that score. I got my exam next week and i dont feel like i am ready for it. I was wandering you know the practise questions that are provided in the official ukcat book, how close are they as to questions in the real exam?
The ones in the book I had were similar. Some of the abstracts in the test were much more complex though.
memenme_1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The ones in the book I had were similar. Some of the abstracts in the test were much more complex though.
Right....and would you suggest if i should reshedule my test as i dont feel like i am ready for it yet and if i get a low mark for it...then it is just going to be all very bad....
crazylemon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by memenme_1)
Right....and would you suggest if i should reshedule my test as i dont feel like i am ready for it yet and if i get a low mark for it...then it is just going to be all very bad....
No you should be fine, though I must admit I did reschdule myself (originally planned for 30th Aug) because I only would have had time to practice for 2 days, was on holiday before
Quira
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
NOT SURE WHERE TO PUT THIS, and panicking badly.

I have my UKCAT tomorrow and I tried the regular timed practise test from the UKCAT site where they give out PDF files for the practise tests.

I got to the Quantatitive Reasoning section.
Are the questions on the real UKCAT seriously that long!? There's only around 20 minutes and I could only do about 7 questions in 10 minutes or so when there's 40 of them!!

D:
DriftingBore
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The UKCAT practice questions seem a lot harder than the questions in the links on here, especially for the quantitative section. I don't understand how you are supposed to be able to calculate stuff that fast. I'm gonna fail...........
Zehra
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey just wondering whether in the quantitative reasoning section you have to know anything about solving sequences?
thanks!
thecutiepie
Report 10 years ago
Hi All,

A company called UPO has a large bank of practice questions (over 400 questions) at:

http://www.ukcatpracticeonline.com

Good Luck!

Cutie Pie:shifty:
Lu-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by thecutiepie)
Hi All,

A company called UPO has a large bank of practice questions (over 400 questions) at:

http://www.ukcatpracticeonline.com

Good Luck!

Cutie Pie:shifty:
This list is only for free websites, but I have added the free samples to the list, though. Cheers.
Farah_Farouq
Report 10 years ago
I got 600, didn't practise much...do you think uni's would accept it?

Applying for medicine, Got B's at AS 15A*-C GCSE's

Applying for: Foundation year med in keele
Manchester
Bradford Clinical sciences.

Im sure foundation years will take BBBB but for A2 i'm predicted AABB
ob.is.a.bit.good
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Farah_Farouq)
I got 600, didn't practise much...do you think uni's would accept it?

Applying for medicine, Got B's at AS 15A*-C GCSE's

Applying for: Foundation year med in keele
Manchester
Bradford Clinical sciences.

Im sure foundation years will take BBBB but for A2 i'm predicted AABB
farah i got 565 for my ukcat last year and got an interview at manchester! also i didnt know bradford required a ukcat from clinical sciences?
ob.is.a.bit.good
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ob.is.a.bit.good)
farah i got 565 for my ukcat last year and got an interview at manchester! also i didnt know bradford required a ukcat from clinical sciences?
also the lowest entry requirements ive seen for foundation year in medicine is ABB (which is manchester!) the others are AAB! although a friend of mine whos doing med at uea has said they offer grades BCC for their foundation yr!
Lingybells
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What kind of UKCAT score would be needed to get an interview for Oxford?

Also, I noticed that the final score was an average of 4 scores. How are the scores scaled? I'm just asking so I can compare myself when I do some practice questions..
crazylemon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lingybells)
What kind of UKCAT score would be needed to get an interview for Oxford?

Also, I noticed that the final score was an average of 4 scores. How are the scores scaled? I'm just asking so I can compare myself when I do some practice questions..
Oxford dont use the UKCAT so for oxford the UKCAT score is irrelavent, they use the BMAT.
The scores are scaled depending how well you do against other people doing the exam
ADREAM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oxford dont use the UKCAT so for oxford the UKCAT score is irrelavent, they use the BMAT.
The scores are scaled depending how well you do against other people doing the exam
but if say, you did the exam in the beginning of july and most do it in sep-oct, then how is your score calculated? surely it can't be compared to anyone elses?
crazylemon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ADREAM)
but if say, you did the exam in the beginning of july and most do it in sep-oct, then how is your score calculated? surely it can't be compared to anyone elses?
The first few weeks are the test group and do not get their scores immediatly. everyone after then is compered to the test group
ADREAM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The first few weeks are the test group and do not get their scores immediatly. everyone after then is compered to the test group
Oh really - that's such a shame, as I'd have thought all of the really confident, uberly clever people would take it in the first few weeks, and for the rest of us to be compared to them.... urgh....
musama91
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How many questions do you there are in total? I am thinking of buying a practice questions package online (maybe onexamination) but came across this.

I want to do about 100 questions (minimum) before the actual UKCAT exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads