John McCain (41)
15.36%
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ssk2)
And how much of middle America, actually, how much of America full stop, have read Obama's book? All the public are going to hear is bland, middle of the road stuff... He just panders to the popular vote.
Middle America are being told what they need to know. Asides, its not like most of them deserve to be able to vote.
rye225
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
MCcain is stiff as ****, dude needs to relax.
Plus he is probably going to die before his presidency is up.
Mccain is a war hero, not presidential material, sure he was in a war and captured and all that good stuff, SO WHAT???
Obama can bring change and I think he is what America needs, he can calm tensions in the middle east whereas I can see Mccain just aggrevating them and making the situation worst.
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Obama for several reasons

He is a Democrat. McCain is a Republican
McCain's opinions are very similar to Bush
Obama represents everything that McCain doesn't and a change in the way international relations would operate

and lots more reasons I don't have time to write
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rye225)
MCcain is stiff as ****, dude needs to relax.
Plus he is probably going to die before his presidency is up.
Mccain is a war hero, not presidential material, sure he was in a war and captured and all that good stuff, SO WHAT???
Obama can bring change and I think he is what America needs, he can calm tensions in the middle east whereas I can see Mccain just aggrevating them and making the situation worst.
Change blah blah blah. He can change all teh evals into good guyz! And McCain isn't stiff... he does have a great singing voice. See, he's funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg :p:
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
bush or obama.

it's that simple.
ooze
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PeeWeeDan)
And you prefer the absence of concrete policies entirely? I just love how people buy "Reduce taxes on the working class". How the hell does he intend to do that? Polling?!
Presumably by increasing tax on the rich? Which I agree with.
Fetai
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight)
Obama simply cause he's black :yep: (I am black too, well tanned )
Don't you think that's a bit racist :confused:
Sanyore
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wouldn't just shoving Iraq away within 18 months increase tensions between American & the Middle east? Is Iraq at a stable stage in its development? I'm quite on the fence with this. I know a lot of people who want Obama simply because he's black and has got a good "warmth" and good rhetoric. And there are a lot of folk on youtube almost pissing themselves with videos calling Obama the anti-christ and a communist. But yes, I'm on the fence, I suppose. Nor do I claim to know a lot about it.
rye225
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Change blah blah blah. He can change all teh evals into good guyz! And McCain isn't stiff... he does have a great singing voice. See, he's funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg :p:
All i can say is that if America votes Mccain, its either fixed and/or America is doomed to fail and cause world war three, and piss off iran, and Gordon brown will be a dumb **************** and follow Mccains old ass then we're ****ed as well.
Sanyore
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh, and sorry to hijack the thread; but I've always had a little curiosity about it: How well received was Bill Clinton? Was he widely accepted as a good president, or not?
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Obama...

Because America is not a true democracy and only has two political parties... and once you cross out the Republicans, you're left with Obama. And his foreign policy is less aggressive and more friendly, as the US should be.
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ooze)
Presumably by increasing tax on the rich? Which I agree with.
Who's rich? Who's working class? Where do I draw the line. That's the point I'm making. And this whole "tax the rich thing" is such a jealous policy... Why not spread out the wealth entirely evenly between everyone? And call each other comrades?

All i can say is that if America votes Mccain, its either fixed and/or America is doomed to fail and cause world war three, and piss off iran, and Gordon brown will be a dumb **************** and follow Mccains old ass then we're ****ed as well.
Contrary to popular belief on foreign policy Obama has been quite hawkish as well, considering bombing parts of Pakistan without the approval of the Pakistani government. Now I'm no president(even though I'm as qualified as Obama probably :p:) but bombing a nuclear nation - not always an intelligent decision.
FrustratedHistorian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OBAMA
Reason: He symbolises change for the better - help erode the corruption which is instilled in America's so-called democratic nation.

He represents the voice of the unheard millions who have been silienced by the self-serving Republicans & the elites.
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
OBAMA
Reason: He symbolises change for the better - help erode the corruption which is instilled in America's so-called democratic nation.

He represents the voice of the unheard millions who have been silienced by the self-serving Republicans & the elites.
Epic fail. Typical rhetoric.
Katermerang
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Obama is a much better speaker and less boring, i's hate to put up with Mcain on the news for 4 years.
rt6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fetai)
Don't you think that's a bit racist :confused:
lol I looked at his profile and turns out he's not black. Yup, I'm confused as well.

I'd vote for Obama. I think the republicans have done enough damage, and since McCain and Bush are pretty much synonymous, I wouldn't like to see him in power. Also, if he's in power for one term (due to age), then wouldn't he simply be bringing in an inexperienced person anyway? Most people hadn't even heard of the his VP before she was mentioned.
And those who say Obama has no concrete policies, you mean not as 'concrete' as McCain's. But, history tells us elecotral policies are rarely kept so you believing McCain's words are just as arbitrary as accepting 'vague' policies.
Joric
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Obama will at least bring some change.
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Joric)
Obama will at least bring some change.
I just killed a puppy. Say change again, and I will kill another. Do not push me.
Captain Crash
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Who's rich? Who's working class? Where do I draw the line.
At the £200,000 mark?
burninginme
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would like to see Obama win, but I think it's unlikely he will. Obama is just being paraded by the media, because he is a black man. America is still largley a right wing country and when it comes to it, they will vote for McCain. America is not a country of change and I don't think they are ready for a Liberal president, let alone a black Liberal president.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (142)
27.41%
No (376)
72.59%

Watched Threads