This makes me sick to the stomach... Watch

neon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
Does psychiatric illness not exist? Are you a scientologist?
i'm not going to go into this here but...yes, and no
MBenno
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I find it irritating how if someone kills someone in a "normal" (if there is such a thing as normal) way then people generallly think they should rot in prison or something. However if the person is completely sick and twisted they should get help?
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
If you want to hide from reality, unplug your internet first.
I'm not 'hiding from reality', but such unsavoury details are unnecessary, don't you think?
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by missygeorgia)
I'm not 'hiding from reality', but such unsavoury details are unnecessary, don't you think?
No. It's part of what happens, it's not morbid, it's just information (although the post you refered to had very little, if any, 'details').
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by neon)
i'm not going to go into this here but...yes, and no
And they deserve death anyway?
neon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
And they deserve death anyway?
you havent read my post
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MBenno)
I find it irritating how if someone kills someone in a "normal" (if there is such a thing as normal) way then people generallly think they should rot in prison or something. However if the person is completely sick and twisted they should get help?
I dunno. Most people who are simple enough to come out with the 'throw away the key' *******s aren't the same ones who would notice, let alone care about, other factors like provocation, mental illness, etc.
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Antonia87)
I'm going to go against what probably everyone will end up saying in this thread, and say I hope she gets the death penalty. She is a child murderer. Its one thing for an adult to kill another adult. We have almost become desensitised to that now. But child killers really are sick and evil people.
And the fact that her own child was her victim makes her all the more frightening.

Agreed. I don't believe that such people can be rehabilitated into society. They're better off dead, for everyone's sake.
LaRma-lee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Death penalty
missygeorgia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
No. It's part of what happens, it's not morbid, it's just information (although the post you refered to had very little, if any, 'details').
There's information, which is fine. What I was referring to was the speculation over how the children would smell when they were being cooked and whether the mother could see her child as it died. That's not 'information'; it may be 'part of what happens' but it's certainly not a particularly necessary thing to discuss.

I'm not trying to have a go at the person who posted these things, merely to justify why I thought that such speculations were unnecessary and distasteful, as you seem to disagree.
Antonia87
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MBenno)
What "help" can you offer a murderer though? What can you possibly say to them? "Try not to kill someone again"? Someone who murders once will more than likely murder again, its who they are. Concerning the woman in question, she could never have a baby again. And why should she? She's just intentionally murdered one.
jjbristol
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hope they forget to wet the sponge
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by punktopia)
Again, you really need to read up on anarchism before making faulty assumptions. YES, I would blame society, because parental upbringing isn't the only outside influence that affects how a person forms. School, people they meet, anything. Society seeps into everyone's minds until original thought and action ceases to exist.

How can you define individual responsibility when individuals are created by society? Babies born are blank slates sketched only with their genes. Everything else is nurture.
Ignoring the fact that everyone is brought up by society, and only a small portion become murderers. In fact, you can have 100 people brought up by the exact same environment, and you're unlikely to have more than 1 or 2 become murderers. Just look at what happens in the worst ghettos. What makes some people there murderers and others not? So maybe you can stop blaming everyone but the individual. :rolleyes:
shorty.loves.angels
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
I would suggest a Section 38, some high dose respiridone or haloperidol, CBT and rehabilitation.

How can you suggest that she didn't love her child or other children? It seems a very strange thing to be so sure of. Of course you're going to say that if she loved her kids she wouldn't have microwaved one, but that's simply not true.
Well I'm not sure... I didn't mean it to be a serious accusation sorry for the misunderstanding :o:
BrightGirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laura26)
What help would you give an individual who has behaved like this!? She took an innocent life! You make it sound like she deserves to live...
You make her sound as if shes the victim. She's not. She intentionally caused fatal harm to a baby. She wanted the child dead. She deserves punishment, not help.
Yes, she's not the victim, but I really don't agree with the death penalty. Noone has a right to kill someone else, or decide whether they have the 'right to live'. She should be locked up for the rest of her life (though that does waste a lot of money ) and given help because I doubt she's sane.
Liquidus Zeromus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What is going to happen if such a person is cured, anyway? How will they feel about what they've done? They'd very likely commit suicide if they ever came to their senses. Which in itself is damned near impossible.
Executing them would be the humane thing to do.
Dr. Unk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's a sad story but a weird article.

In such a short article they manage to mention what happened four times:
by burning her in a microwave
put her baby Paris Talley in the microwave and cooked her to death
put her baby in the microwave oven and cooked the child to death
putting the baby in the microwave and turned it on
Also, near the beginning it says:
China Arnold, 28, intentionally put her baby Paris Talley in the microwave and cooked her to death after a fight with her boyfriend in 2005, a court in Dayton, Ohio, heard.
But then a few paragraphs down it just rewords it:
US prosecutors said Arnold intentionally put her baby in the microwave oven and cooked the child to death after a fight with her boyfriend.
And how many people were thinking "I need to know what her relatives did when the sentence was read out"?
Relatives in the Montgomery County courtroom cried and covered their faces with their hands.
Fabregas1989
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Big up the death penalty!!!
Liquidus Zeromus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Unk)
That's a sad story but a weird article.

In such a short article they manage to mention what happened four times:

Also, near the beginning it says:

But then a few paragraphs down it just rewords it:

And how many people were thinking "I need to know what her relatives did when the sentence was read out"?
Typical media.
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What "help" can you offer a murderer though? What can you possibly say to them? "Try not to kill someone again"? Someone who murders once will more than likely murder again, its who they are.
You treat them, sometimes they get better, then, essentially, they are no longer a murderer.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads