Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Might just do that as indeed, the idea of David Cameron as the UK Prime Minister going around the world representing me just makes me shudder.

Gordon Brown may lack a bit of charisma (not all great politicians had charisma anyway) but at least he's not the embarassment and disaster waiting to happen that is David Cameron.
    I would agree with you but I think i'm being monitored by the conservative women's association :ninja: so i'd better hold my tongue (keyboard)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    The questions are terrible, the idea of the thing is quite helpful.
    No lol no it is not. Quite helpful if you want to butcher down every political ideology into four parts based on inaccurate and often completely wrong stereotypes of complex ideology.

ReputationRep:
    Might just do that as indeed, the idea of David Cameron as the UK Prime Minister going around the world representing me just makes me shudder.

Gordon Brown may lack a bit of charisma (not all great politicians had charisma anyway) but at least he's not the embarassment and disaster waiting to happen that is David Cameron.
    At least he is not the embarrasment and disater that is happening that is Nu Labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seven_Three)
    At least he is not the embarrasment and disater that is happening that is Nu Labour.
    What disaster is that?

In any case, I was talking about embarassment on the international scene. Just you wait for the series of blunders that David Cameron is going to make. I'll flipping laugh in the face of every narrow-minded white Little Englander who votes for Conservative when that happens.

ReputationRep:
    No lol no it is not. Quite helpful if you want to butcher down every political ideology into four parts based on inaccurate and often completely wrong stereotypes of complex ideology.
    Ok, discounting everything they have placed on the compass, if that's the way you want it, what is wrong with the fundamental idea of widening the outdated view of left and right?

ReputationRep:
    What disaster is that?

In any case, I was talking about embarassment on the international scene. Just you wait for the series of blunders that David Cameron is going to make. I'll flipping laugh in the face of every narrow-minded white Little Englander who votes for Conservative when that happens.
    My constituency (Harpenden) is a Tory safe seat

ReputationRep:
    Yes; "Nu" Labour are going to rise from the pits to change the world economy single votedly (which is seemingly what they're going to get). I don't deny that they've done a pretty shoddy job; but i'm not exactly brimming with confidence that Cameron and his slimy accountant would have done better.

ReputationRep:
    I am a classical liberal - on the political compass I'll be on the bottom-right corner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History Lost in Physics)
    Yes; "Nu" Labour are going to rise from the pits to change the world economy single votedly (which is seemingly what they're going to get). I don't deny that they've done a pretty shoddy job; but i'm not exactly brimming with confidence that Camerson and his slimy accountant would have done better.
    I suppose you preffer wars of aggression, domestic terrorism, disastrous immigration policy and ever increasing limitless taxation?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you preffer wars of aggression, domestic terrorism, disastrous immigration policy and ever increasing limitless taxation?
    I like the last one. The tories would have gone into Afghanistan; Iraq is more questionable but they probably would have done anyhow.

How is it disastrous precisely (genuine question).

I would agree though; it would be nice to see something coming of this taxation rather than more paperwork for people to sift through and tell us all it's all awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History Lost in Physics)
    I like the last one. The tories would have gone into Afghanistan; Iraq is more questionable but they probably would have done anyhow.

How is it disastrous precisely (genuine question).

I would agree though; it would be nice to see something coming of this taxation rather than more paperwork for people to sift through and tell us all it's all awful.
    So which ever party plugs a hole in your hemorrhaging heart and tells you 'everything is alright' to tame your neverending nihilism.

ReputationRep:
    Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -2.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31

I guess I'm liberal...?

ReputationRep:
    So which ever party plugs a hole in your hemorrhaging heart and tells you 'everything is alright' to tame your neverending nihilism.
    Meaning?

No - I don't frankly see any point in voting at the moment. I am going to check whether the lib dems are still in favour of proportional representation and if they are not vote green. As whatever I vote for I will get a joke running the country I may as well get one that fits my sense of humour.

Oh and I can't stand people who are posher than me - makes me feel insecure :p:

ReputationRep:
    Economically, I'm centre right but socially I'm far left. Contrary to popular opinion I'd say that they are mutually exclusive on most matters.

ReputationRep:
    dead centre

ReputationRep:
    Iam far right on law and order , foreign policy etc but left on economic issues. Believe in the NHS ,social security, some nationalised industries etc. I did consider joining the BNP as the Conservative are pansies now on prisons and hanging but they don't believe in mixed race relationships (my girlfriend is Black) so I wouldn't be seen dead in a meeting.I reckon I will have to vote Tory in the next election.

ReputationRep:
    Anarcho-capitalist libertarian.

ReputationRep:
    Economic Left/Right: 1.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Left, but it tends to flap about an awful lot.

ReputationRep:
    riiiiight

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.