Turn on thread page Beta

What is your ultimate ambition? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* Medicine, as always.

Oh and to see a free Iran. Though that's not really so much of an ambition as a burning desire.

ReputationRep:
    Realistically? Erm...to be independent of my parents...

But if we go onto the category of "dreams that will probably never come true but it would be so awesome if it did" I guess it would be a good and happy husband and father. Fat chance of that tho!

ReputationRep:
    Own an island

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to write a novel. But that could be at any point in my life - and I wouldn't do it unless I'm fully confident about what I'm writing. That's just a personal thing though, along with making sure I keep up with music as a hobby. Career-wise, I'd like to be a solicitor in an area of law that really interests me (I don't know what yet as I haven't even started a degree)... in a firm that also suits me.

Ultimately though I guess I just want to be happy with a nice family.

ReputationRep:
    To live my life outside of the 'system'. I would like to live in a close commune, be self-sustainable, work on co-operative projects and environmental campaigns.

ReputationRep:
    Save the world.

ReputationRep:
    to w4nk myself in to a coma

ReputationRep:
    realistically...to be healthy/happy...family.....kids and probably to be the best in my field :yep: (well thats kinda unrealistic i guess :rolleyes: ) to travel the world and be a neuroscientist!!

ReputationRep:
    Happiness for myself and all those around me.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of career, I'd like to go into parliament eventually, get admitted to the bar or become the governor of an overseas territory. I think these objectives are possible if I was really committed.

But that said, I will not be too unhappy if I don't meet them. Ultimately, I'd be happy with a house of comparable size and style to my parents, a good amount of disposable income, a bit of leisure time and some good friends.

ReputationRep:
    I never understood when people objectify happiness. "I'll be happy if i have a big house and money"
    You might not be. You can have the best friends, house and job in the world and still be utterly miserable.

I want to be happy primarily, secondarily I would like to live a comfortable life and have the resources to improve the lives of others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yshield)
    I never understood when people objectify happiness. "I'll be happy if i have a big house and money"
    You might not be. You can have the best friends, house and job in the world and still be utterly miserable.

I want to be happy primarily, secondarily I would like to live a comfortable life and have the resources to improve the lives of others.
    Interesting post. Actually, our capacity for happiness is determined to a large extent by our genes.

ReputationRep:
    Publishing a few essays.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, to meet my dream partner and to be happy.
    To spend some time travelling in the Far East and around the Pacific.
    To get a job I love, and to have completed all the studies I need to do it.
    To live somewhere really beautiful - close to water, with proper summers and winters, but near enough to a major city too. (Pacific Northwest/southern Canada maybe?)

ReputationRep:
    Fortunately I've completely exorcised my mind of that thing called "ambition" In fact, I'd like to do much less with my my life. I quite like the idea of becoming a zoo keeper (I think I'd enjoy feeding giraffes and things like that) or selling fruit and vegetables on a market stall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Fortunately I've completely exorcised my mind of that thing called "ambition" In fact, I'd like to do much less with my my life. I quite like the idea of becoming a zoo keeper (I think I'd enjoy feeding giraffes and things like that) or selling fruit and vegetables on a market stall.
    Live for what makes you happy.
    It's the way forward, I'd rep you if my rep was worth anything. :yep:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.