Turn on thread page Beta

Head Boy/Head Girl/Prefects watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was head girl last year. In my school the pupils voted, then I think the top 10 of those were used in a staffroom vote and then that was taken into consideration whilst the principal and vice-principal decided.

No interviews or anything like that thank God.

ReputationRep:
    I was head girl at primary school LOL :']

I won't even bother applying at this school though, but from what I can gather you do have to be really.. well you know what I mean..

ReputationRep:
    I didn't apply for any of them because the prefects at our school are each assigned to a teacher and are basically used for slave labour i.e. they do all the menial jobs the teachers don't want to do lol. It's pretty pointless. At our school you have to get elected to be a prefect by the students, then they all have to do a speech and the teachers and students all get to vote for head and deputy head.

ReputationRep:
    I was Deputy Head Girl in year 13. Previously I was a Class Prefect during my time in secondary school then a Senior Prefect in year 12. We got badges and some responsibilities. Class Prefects didn't have to do that much much, Senior Prefects had to mainly carry out 'late gate' duties and as Deputy Head Girl, I did more such as helping to sort out our Leavers' Ball, yearbook, talent show etc. You had to be chosen by the class to be Class Prefect but the decisions about Senior Prefects and Deputy Head Girl were purely down to the Headteacher and other senior members of staff and you didn't have to apply for it.

ReputationRep:
    Prefects/Head boys make great punching bags. In our school it was usually the loner/outcasts who would want to take on the duty to feel wanted.

ReputationRep:
    I've been a prefect of hufflepuff for just over a year now, I love the free lemon sherberts

ReputationRep:
    We have two Head Boys and two Head Girls in Year 13, elected by all the Year 12s and teachers at the end of Year 12. Everyone who's interested writes their name on the sheet then the vote takes place and the four with the highest number of votes are elected. We're on the School Council and then two of us are Student Governors whilst the other two are members of the Chaplaincy team.

ReputationRep:
    At my school, the prefects were whoever bothered to help at open evening, and the head boy/girl was a popularity contest.

ReputationRep:
    I am red house captain :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    I'm the equivalent of house prefect. We get elected and then it's our job to organise our house's contributions for inter-house competitions/present house assemblies/raise money for house charities
    fun times
    +UCAS :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    I'm the equivalent of house prefect. We get elected and then it's our job to organise our house's contributions for inter-house competitions/present house assemblies/raise money for house charities
    fun times
    +UCAS :p:

The German in your sig is wrong in terms of word order. :o: It should read: "Meine Katze ist schwarz und hat einen kleinen weißen Fleck am Ende ihres Schwanzes"

ReputationRep:
    I'm a senior student/ prefect along with a friend. Teachers had a board in the staff room and they write their name next to the 6th former they think should get it.
    We basically get to organise everything (rage week, proms, socials etc)
    I can't tell you how clean our arses our from all the arse lickers wanting things their way. Oh the power!!

ReputationRep:
    My school had prefects and I was actually really pissed off when I wasn't made one! I don't know why, they basically just had to give up their lunchtimes to patrol corridors and come in in the evening occasionally to help with open evenings. But it was basically a popularity contest because everyone who applied got put on a list unless they'd had a certain number of detentions or something and then everyone voted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimson Black)
    The German in your sig is wrong in terms of word order. :o: It should read: "Meine Katze ist schwarz und hat einen kleinen weißen Fleck am Ende ihres Schwanzes"
    according to my as-level knowledge and my german friend it isn't :dontknow:
    *goes and does research*
    EDIT: ach! this is confusing me...explain?

ReputationRep:
    The president of the college council at my college also gets a seat on the board of governers, so it's quite a big deal. I'm going to try and run for it when they tell us how/when..

ReputationRep:
    Well, in year 6 I has house captain (pupil vote)
    Then in year 7 and 8 I was a librarian
    Year 9/10 (can't remember) - went to one meeting of the school council as a year rep...Didn't like it (pupil vote)
    Year 10 - mentor to new pupils
    Year 11 - prefect

All apart from the ones that say (pupil vote) were "If you want to do it, be in X classroom and Y time" ... Just as well really, seeing as I'm not exactly popular.

ReputationRep:
    I was prefect back in high school.

It was done from voting by both teachers & students.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Deputy Head Girl at my school, I had to wirte a letter to the Head of Sixth form, then there was a vote by everyone in my year, then a vote by the teachers, then a written exam type thing then 3 interviews with the head of sixth form and the current Head Students. =S

We have to do a fair amount, appointing Prefects and form guardians, running the student union meetings and organising all fund raising events, special events (e.g. leavers ball) and open days =O (shared between 4 of us) its a lot of work and takes a lot of time but I mostly enjoy being busy. =] So yea I guess its good fun. Out of the people who didnt get it but came close (got through pupil/teacher vote) were pretty upset, the girls cried =[

ReputationRep:
    I am Head Girl at my school. We have a head boy and deputies too, but no prefects. We had to write statements as to why we wanted to be head girl/boy. Then sixth formers and staff voted and the top 2 boys and girls were then interviewed by the head of sixth form and our year manager.

ReputationRep:
    the heads are just suck ups! and prefects are just head rejects

i was a prefect...and a good one

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2008
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.