Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    He spun on the final corner exit and ended up sideways, instead of going round and doing an outlap, we went the wrong way, and swung into the pit lane entry from the wrong side. He prob just didn't see the point going round after a spin :p:

Wow BMW bomb scare?! http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/10389/900/
    he is lazy :p: and that fine will teach him a lesson its not much to pay if you are a millionair though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    I think Alonso's was a glory lap, he put it in with 8 secs to go. He's running well, top 5 maybe, but not pole.
    Yeah maybe, but if he puts a lap like that in, it would get pole far more than 5% of the time.

He won't be too far off the pace.

Kubica seems to be struggling this weekend unfortunatley

ReputationRep:
    Trulli is defending his drive down the wrong way by saying:

In first practice unfortunately I had a spin at the last corner and I wanted to move off the racing line as safely as possible, so I decided to go down the pit lane. I took the quickest and safest option available to me and the other cars. I have been penalised and I accept that but I know I did the safest thing for me and the other drivers - it is one of the quickest corners on the track and you don't want to have a crash there."

???

ReputationRep:
    Practice being later certainly makes Friday afternoon go quicker! Was a pain in the ass that the ITV coverage was so ropey for FP1 though 'cause I can't see the proper feed where I sit.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it was an interesting practice
    Wish I'd seen it!

Any comments on the track or what not? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhi)
    Looks like it was an interesting practice
    Wish I'd seen it!

Any comments on the track or what not? :p:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7637729.stm
    Hamilton
    "It is a very physical circuit, more than I expected actually," he said.

"You need to put in a lot of work into the car to get a good lap.

"On my first proper run I managed to find a half-decent line. I was able to get more comfortable with the car.

"On first impressions there seems to be quite a lot of grip on the track so you can brake quite late in the slower corners.

"Through certain corners there were lots of bottoming and when you hit a bump it would throw the car about quite a bit. But it is an amazing venue."

Webber
    "The track is a bit too bumpy in places but you have to put up with that, it's the same for everyone,"

"The lighting is very good and it's a pretty good atmosphere. It's going to be a good show for the crowd on Sunday night.

"It's going to be very difficult to overtake on the track. It's a shame because street circuits are a lot more of a challenge for the drivers compared to a place like Bahrain which is not that difficult.

"It's a difficult balance to get it right.

"We might need to move the pit lane entry a bit - with the white line filtering us in there's going to be quite a speed differential between the guys coming in and the guys still on the track.

"[There's] a little bit of detail here and there but once we get going in anger it's going to be a challenge.

"At Turn 10 - people are going to be giving that a bit of respect for a while. That wall is quite close so if you get it wrong you're going to go in there."

I hope its not going to be a Valencia Mk2.

ReputationRep:
    ^ thanks for that!

ReputationRep:
    I just copied it from BBC :p:

Heres some more from ITV http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44080

It sounds like there could be a few incidents because the track isnt as good as it should be, I dont mind that at all, I want to see the drivers challenged and the best come through

ReputationRep:
    According to that Lewis said all that, not fernando!

ReputationRep:
    I just watched the FP highlights, and I'm finding it all a bit bizarre tbh.
    It's like, what are you doing outside at night?
    But I'll get used to it im sure :p:

ReputationRep:
    http://images.itv-f1.com/ImageLibrary/50290_2.jpg how good is that picture!

ReputationRep:
    nice shot!

ReputationRep:
    What time is Quali tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    SAT Qualifying 15:00 (22:00) (ITV coverage from 14:10)

According to Donnas OP

ReputationRep:
    Just before I leave, I'm gonna make my qualy prediction :p:

Lewis
    Massa
    Heikki
    Alonso
    Kimi
    Rosberg
    Kubica
    Glock
    Trulli
    Webber

ReputationRep:
    Yeah quali is at 3 today, oddly enough.

Quali prediction:
    Heikki
    Massa
    Hamilton
    Raikkonen
    Alonso
    Kubica
    Rosberg (I dunno, he was flying yesterday!)

ReputationRep:
    Peter Sauber thinks Lewis is cracking under pressure again: :yep:

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/10349/900/

Anyway my top 6 predictions for the qualifying are:

1. Hamilton
    2. Massa
    3. Kovalainen
    4. Alonso
    5. Kubica
    6. Raikkonen

Ferrari should put Kimi on fumes so he can guarantee Pole and dictate the pace from the front (i.e. holding up Hamilton until Massa can get up to speed) but I highly doubt they will do this, and I also highly doubt Kimi will perform well enough even on low fuel to achieve it! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ergh, i got up nice and early to go to town do some things and get back for the f1, i had oodels of time now! i dunno what to do with myself

ReputationRep:
    Fuel Kimi to put him first and then take out Hamilton at the first corner :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Shucimacheresk hehe? I want kimi to win this weekend, i love that guy, i wish he was doing well

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.