which accent is the most attractive?? Watch

gemgem1990
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by EssexDan86)
Nobody's perfect

Yeah it's pretty good from my experience of the course and the people on it. I'm a part-time postgrad who lives in Leeds though - I'm only in uni 1 day a week, so I don't really have any wider experience of the place. I've never been to the union - my social life there revolves around the pubs near the station so I can get back home again in a reasonable amount of time!

ahh ok thanks! i'm going there next year so yeah just wanted to know what its like there
an_end_has_a_start
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm.. not sure, just doesn't really appeal to me in a fanciable way.

I can put up with it though... I have to as I live there!
ha it is quite common though, although i think it sounds proper down to earth and approachable
speir
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by level_red)
dublin is a **** hole LOL.
do you live there?

if not then you are just full of ****
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Slight west-country twang I love the sound of! Welsh and Geordie also. Brum accents make you want to pat them on the head and go "aww".

I don't think accents can make a person more attractive but some are pretty off-putting eg. very strong Scouse, general Lancashire, Scottish and God forbid the "East-end" cockney.
fraternité
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love Geordie, Welsh, Scottish and West Country accents, as well as the 'posh university accent'.

I detest pretty much all the northwestern accents and am not a fan of the Black Country one either.
Bagration
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anything that sounds really southern and spoiled :wink2:
gemgem1990
Rep:
?
yeahh overall southern accents have got to be better
InvoluntarySlacker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love the Irish accent on girls. Other than that, no.
EssexDan86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by an_end_has_a_start)
ha it is quite common though, although i think it sounds proper down to earth and approachable
I prefer it to some of the ridiculously posh rah-type students you get in Leeds from other parts of the country, as I'm fairly common myself. I tend to find Yorkshire people not too approachable to outsiders (like southerners!), but when you get to know them they're genuine and friendly types
Carl-Uk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
American (California, New York, Florida accents) or Australian
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Carl-Uk)
American (California, New York, Florida accents)

New York accents are so funny!
crazyunicorn133
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rabbit Season)
I want a girlfriend with a Liverpool accent.
Why, though? i mean i never thought people liked scouse that much and all... and so many of my friends try and tone it down a bit when we go on holiday ect. I recently went to stay with friends in newcastle and when we went out, bar staff could hardly understand a word i said!

But yeah, irish is sexy :p:
an_end_has_a_start
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I prefer it to some of the ridiculously posh rah-type students you get in Leeds from other parts of the country, as I'm fairly common myself. I tend to find Yorkshire people not too approachable to outsiders (like southerners!), but when you get to know them they're genuine and friendly types
yep and its well known that most of us will help anyone, in places like london people dont really give a crap about other people, say in the street they'll just barge past and not say sorry whereas most yorkshire folk are small towners and usually are more polite etc
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazyunicorn133)
Why, though? i mean i never thought people liked scouse that much and all... and so many of my friends try and tone it down a bit when we go on holiday ect. I recently went to stay with friends in newcastle and when we went out, bar staff could hardly understand a word i said!

I like Wirral accents, I think they sound a lot different to your standard modern-day broken radio scouse accents. I've got a slight one because I live literally around the county borders and some people have thought I was Welsh :confused:
gemgem1990
Rep:
?
yep and its well known that most of us will help anyone, in places like london people dont really give a crap about other people, say in the street they'll just barge past and not say sorry whereas most yorkshire folk are small towners and usually are more polite etc

thats true to a certain extent about people in london, however that is simply due to the fact that half the people in london dont come from around here, most of the are tourists (and are ruuuuddee!). But overally we are just as polite/ down to earth (if not more) than yorksire people ...
Turdburger
Report 10 years ago
Has to be brummy.
Rabbit Season
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazyunicorn133)

Firstly, it's exotic. Scousers use phonemes that no one else in Britain uses. Secondly, it sounds really sweet. Yeah, it can sound abrasive too, but all accents grate when they're used in an aggressive way. When softly spoken, it's the sweetest accent I can think of, the way it goes up and down, the way that words are drawn out, drawn in and spoken with a swung rhythm. It's like a song. Lastly, everybody seems to hate it, and it's my instinct to want to protect things that are cute and vulnerable.
Ministerdonut
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Irish.
fisherman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i really dont enjoy all this yorkshire hating... whats wrong with the accent?
There's nothing wrong with it, it just makes people smile and think of old, slightly fat farmers. And that's just not sexy.
gemgem1990
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rabbit Season)
Firstly, it's exotic. Scousers use phonemes that no one else in Britain uses. Secondly, it sounds really sweet. Yeah, it can sound abrasive too, but all accents grate when they're used in an aggressive way. When softly spoken, it's the sweetest accent I can think of, the way it goes up and down, the way that words are drawn out, drawn in and spoken with a swung rhythm. It's like a song. Lastly, everybody seems to hate it, and it's my instinct to want to protect things that are cute and vulnerable.

ok you have you're reasons ... but it does seem like you have thought about it a little too much lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.71%
No (587)
72.29%

Watched Threads