Spots Spots and more blinkin Spots. . . Watch

minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you stopped milk yet? Seriously do that ASAP and see if it makes a difference. I noticed an instantaneous change.
StotheL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Have you stopped milk yet? Seriously do that ASAP and see if it makes a difference. I noticed an instantaneous change.
Hm, interesting. I didn't know that helped clear the skin, I've been drinking a lot of water and it has worked wonders. My skin never has been bad, I've had the occasional break out, but the water does keep the spots at bay imo.
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by eve_22)
I am 22 years old and, until now, have never had any spots, except for an occasional and rare little one on my face...I bought Clinique and used it for a bit, where my skin have turned horrible!Since the summer I have been having awful breakouts, sore spots and many little tiny ones all around my face...starts looking more like acne to me now!I am going to visit a doctor, as so far I have tried absolutely everything, to make it go away...it doesnt...and gets worse and worse every day...i used to have flawless skin and this is killing me...Prior to Clinique I used Guinot and havent had any problems...Due to it being quite expensive though I experimented and used Clinique-this is what I am left with now...If it was up to me I would get that bloody thing off the market and sue the people who make it!!!!!!Steer clear of Clinique girls-IT IS AWFUL AND WILL HARM YOUR SKIN!
No need to be so hysterical - Clinique worked well for me and probably works well for others too, otherwise they'd be out of business. It's fine to say it doesn't work for you, it's not fine to say it won't work on anyone.

OP, if you're after more natural products, you could try the Body Shop seaweed range, Liz Earle's range, or L'Occitane's rice range, although I found that the first two have not worked too well for me. As you can perhaps tell from my previous comment, my skin seems to respond well to strong treatment (it also responded well to Lush's Ocean Salt being used daily on my face).

Another treatment I've tried recently that seems to be working well is Sudocrem. You need to look in the baby section for it at Boots as it's also used for nappy rash but it does say on the pot that it's for acne as well.

wrt the breakfast thing - the smoothies thing is a great suggestion. If you're not a fan of toast (which I understand completely - I hate the way it seems to go cold so quickly while you're eating it and the way the butter goes all greasy on it, uuuuurgh), you could try things like Krisprolls - they're good for you, and are perfectly fine with butter or jam or honey (or more fruit!) on them.
On the dairy issue - I hardly eat any dairy and still have troubles with my skin so I doubt that if you eat very little dairy that giving it up would make a difference. However, give it a go - you never know I suppose.

Is Kiehl's supposed to be good?
I've not tried their skincare yet, but I find their bath stuff to be overpriced and their packaging is pathetic - useless for travelling (very brittle and generally prone to leaking).

is Simple a good product to use?
I found them to be rubbish - they did absolutely nothing for me. Not to mention the hypocrisy of the bran - "Simple is so pure" etc - yep, until you look at the unintelligible list of ingredients on the back of the packaging :rolleyes:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by StotheL)
Hm, interesting. I didn't know that helped clear the skin, I've been drinking a lot of water and it has worked wonders. My skin never has been bad, I've had the occasional break out, but the water does keep the spots at bay imo.
I used to have chronic, chronic pizza-face with extra pepperoni stylee acne. I don't think it matters if it's just the odd couple of spots but it worked for my 'proper' acne
xTazx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I use some medicines a doctor recommended to me when i went to visit kuwait, they have worked a charm! in fact I got my dad to bring over more when he came back from kuwait on holiday, have been using it an voila', spots done for the second time
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
No need to be so hysterical - Clinique worked well for me and probably works well for others too, otherwise they'd be out of business. It's fine to say it doesn't work for you, it's not fine to say it won't work on anyone.

OP, if you're after more natural products, you could try the Body Shop seaweed range, Liz Earle's range, or L'Occitane's rice range, although I found that the first two have not worked too well for me. As you can perhaps tell from my previous comment, my skin seems to respond well to strong treatment (it also responded well to Lush's Ocean Salt being used daily on my face).

Another treatment I've tried recently that seems to be working well is Sudocrem. You need to look in the baby section for it at Boots as it's also used for nappy rash but it does say on the pot that it's for acne as well.

wrt the breakfast thing - the smoothies thing is a great suggestion. If you're not a fan of toast (which I understand completely - I hate the way it seems to go cold so quickly while you're eating it and the way the butter goes all greasy on it, uuuuurgh), you could try things like Krisprolls - they're good for you, and are perfectly fine with butter or jam or honey (or more fruit!) on them.
On the dairy issue - I hardly eat any dairy and still have troubles with my skin so I doubt that if you eat very little dairy that giving it up would make a difference. However, give it a go - you never know I suppose.

I've not tried their skincare yet, but I find their bath stuff to be overpriced and their packaging is pathetic - useless for travelling (very brittle and generally prone to leaking).

I found them to be rubbish - they did absolutely nothing for me. Not to mention the hypocrisy of the bran - "Simple is so pure" etc - yep, until you look at the unintelligible list of ingredients on the back of the packaging :rolleyes:
Thanks for your post, very informative indeed.

Yea I was looking at the Simple today and thought hmmmm, but I thought I would ask you guys on your opinions on the product - however from the sounds of it - its pants. I did look at the ingredients on the back and thought ''hmmmm sounds like a chemistry testing lab decided to go mad and shove whatever ingredients into the products''.
Jingaling
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
and my Pears soap at night
EDIT: Just to clarify, I am not using the Clinique soap and Pears soap anymore. I stopped using it since Sunday

Oh, Pears do a facial wash that I've been using and it's a lot better for you than the bar form, I used to get a lot of spots and oily skin and it's gotten a lot better since I started using it!
DancinBallerina
(Original post by Jingaling)
Oh, Pears do a facial wash that I've been using and it's a lot better for you than the bar form, I used to get a lot of spots and oily skin and it's gotten a lot better since I started using it!
Really? . .which store is selling this? . . how much? . .
StotheL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
I used to have chronic, chronic pizza-face with extra pepperoni stylee acne. I don't think it matters if it's just the odd couple of spots but it worked for my 'proper' acne
Really? Well your skin is fabulous now, so you're a lucky lady It's best to go through the spotty phase at a young age! I found my skin was at its best when I went to the gym four times a week, which I'm starting to do again, I've no idea why but weight loss and better skin works for me! Gym time for me now :cool:
BrightGirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
Thanks though i'm not fussed about packaging or price if it actually works. :p: Would be good if I could get some little samples but I dunno if they do em.
Jingaling
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
Really? . .which store is selling this? . . how much? . .

Hmm, well my Mam gave me it if I'm honest! Have tried searching, it's on the Pears website, I hope it's not discontinued in the UK......
DancinBallerina
(Original post by Jingaling)
Hmm, well my Mam gave me it if I'm honest! Have tried searching, it's on the Pears website, I hope it's not discontinued in the UK......
Im searching online and I can't see it - nag your mum lol . . :p: :o:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by StotheL)
Really? Well your skin is fabulous now, so you're a lucky lady It's best to go through the spotty phase at a young age! I found my skin was at its best when I went to the gym four times a week, which I'm starting to do again, I've no idea why but weight loss and better skin works for me! Gym time for me now :cool:
ahhh not reeeeeeeeeeally but thanks. Because I have darker skin a teeny spot will leave a scar that lasts for months which can be a bit of a bummer.

Exercise makes me sweat and the sweat gets the gunk outta my pores. All good
Siany_1989
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by eve_22)
I am 22 years old and, until now, have never had any spots, except for an occasional and rare little one on my face...I bought Clinique and used it for a bit, where my skin have turned horrible!Since the summer I have been having awful breakouts, sore spots and many little tiny ones all around my face...starts looking more like acne to me now!I am going to visit a doctor, as so far I have tried absolutely everything, to make it go away...it doesnt...and gets worse and worse every day...i used to have flawless skin and this is killing me...Prior to Clinique I used Guinot and havent had any problems...Due to it being quite expensive though I experimented and used Clinique-this is what I am left with now...If it was up to me I would get that bloody thing off the market and sue the people who make it!!!!!!Steer clear of Clinique girls-IT IS AWFUL AND WILL HARM YOUR SKIN!
This surprises me. Ive been using clinique anti blemish solutions - its a 3 step system with cleanser, toner and moisturiser and its been great, really cleared up my skin. Just goes to show how different people are i guess. The pill can also help - dianette helped me alot, ive recently come off it and ive begun to get spotty again . Apart from that i dont know what to suggest really, just the usual things like eating more fruit and veg, drinking more water, exercising. x
KingAnt1990
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just thout i would chip in. Well i have tried a lot of different products,

virtually the whole clearsil range, even the sensitive stuff was harsh, the toner looked and smelt like polycell paintbrush cleaner, it worked for a bit but then didnt and it is a bit pricey, they used to do a spot cream that came in normal and like a concealer colour for girls, that wasnt too bad but they got rid of that for their new spot treatment cream a while ago.

clean and clear ok but nothing brilliant i only tried the sensitive stuff

neutragena (cant spell that lol) tried the little pads you put your fingers in, they were pretty harsh

simple, didnt seem very effective

tesco own brand stuff, ok a bit drying

Murad, google it, very expensive £25:eek: you get 4 bottles, that wasnt that effective(the woman on the box looked happy lol) and it was really drying

bodyshop tea tree oil stuff, just stopped using it as i think its making my skin worse its really drying i was using the mattyfing moisturiser but from what someone else in the thread said i have stopped using that as well

just started this morning im using freederm lotion and only this, it seems better than i thought it would be, smells ok, doesnt dry my face. one question for anyone that uses it do you wash it off or just wipe it off using cotton pads?

Ant
TheOneWho
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've came out in spots lately and I want rid of them. My face was fine not long ago, only got the odd one here and there, but not they seem to be breaking out.

I'd rather a method that doesn't require me to use several different products in the morning and at night. I'll never do it, I'm too forgetful and can't really be bothered with the hassle. Does anyone know of a cleanser or something that I can try? Anything recommended or anything to stay clear of?
HacklyFracture
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I haven't read the whole thread (just the first page really) but thought I'd suggest something anyway (so sorry if yu've already solved it or something).

Anyway, I use Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish just in the mornings and my skin was great. No spots or anything

Have a couple now but that's probably because I've been pretty lax with washing my face (as in I've just been rolling out of bed and going to lectures :o:)
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KingAnt1990)
Just thout i would chip in. Well i have tried a lot of different products,

virtually the whole clearsil range, even the sensitive stuff was harsh, the toner looked and smelt like polycell paintbrush cleaner, it worked for a bit but then didnt and it is a bit pricey, they used to do a spot cream that came in normal and like a concealer colour for girls, that wasnt too bad but they got rid of that for their new spot treatment cream a while ago.

clean and clear ok but nothing brilliant i only tried the sensitive stuff

neutragena (cant spell that lol) tried the little pads you put your fingers in, they were pretty harsh

simple, didnt seem very effective

tesco own brand stuff, ok a bit drying

Murad, google it, very expensive £25:eek: you get 4 bottles, that wasnt that effective(the woman on the box looked happy lol) and it was really drying

bodyshop tea tree oil stuff, just stopped using it as i think its making my skin worse its really drying i was using the mattyfing moisturiser but from what someone else in the thread said i have stopped using that as well

just started this morning im using freederm lotion and only this, it seems better than i thought it would be, smells ok, doesnt dry my face. one question for anyone that uses it do you wash it off or just wipe it off using cotton pads?

Ant
You think Clearasil is expensive? Blimey.
I found that the Murad stuff worked for a while and then sort of plateaued. Shame as if my skin had carried on improving at that rate I would have been singing the stuff's praises.
And tbh your skin doesn't sound very seriously affected by spots if you found so many products to be too drying - often oily skin needs to be dried out a bit!
she
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Personally I've found that all products which claim to do stuff actually make your skin worse. All of them so I've decided to stick to basics, wash face and moisturise and use a face wash that doesn't make any claims. So far the cheapest products have worked best for me, whereas the expensive ones always ruin my skin.

Oh and I have very oily shiny skin, but I've found if I use a rich face moisturising cream (obviously not a large amount) just after washing my face and rub it in very well, and use a thick night cream (at night :woo:) then my skin doesn't get shiny.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by she)
Personally I've found that all products which claim to do stuff actually make your skin worse. All of them so I've decided to stick to basics, wash face and moisturise and use a face wash that doesn't make any claims. So far the cheapest products have worked best for me, whereas the expensive ones always ruin my skin.

Oh and I have very oily shiny skin, but I've found if I use a rich face moisturising cream (obviously not a large amount) just after washing my face and rub it in very well, and use a thick night cream (at night :woo:) then my skin doesn't get shiny.
Agree strongly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads