why didnt the 15-year-old save baby p? Watch

xBubblesx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Slash_GNR)
this is one case i would make an exception and bring back the death penalty
What a nice quick easy death! I'd rather they live in prison and with what they have done for the rest of their lives.

I am 100% against the death penalty in all cases. It doesn't solve anything as shown in US states where it is still legal it does not reduce crime like this!
Plus is hypocrisy to the highest degree 'Oh you can't kill someone, but wait I can kill you!' :rolleyes:
oo_Lucinda_oo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lisa.22)
cant believe it... i just cant :no:
I know, me too.

It's just so.. horrific, it makes me feel sick and really sad

How could you do that to a baby? Or ANYONE for that matter? How could you let your partner do that to your child?

Lost for words with this case to be perfectly honest.
i_hate_examz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lulu-Lexi)
14 years of torture is not enough. They deserve to feel as much pain as Baby P felt every second of their lives. The thing is I doubt that this will happen. They will sit in jail playing on their playstations, protected from other prisoners. I hope a prisoner gets them and does something to them. These people have shown no remorse but of course they would not as they are sick pieces of ****. I really don't believe in not having the death penalty. I think we should for murderers. they have taken a life so their lives should be taken away. and I think people like these sick ***** should be tortured. I don't agree with this nonsense that we would be sinking as low as them if we did that. I would happily torture these vile ***** and I would have no remorse. The same goes for ***** at the council and the doctors who failed baby p. they murdered him too with their incompetance and they should be thrown in jail and left to rot.

Aggreed. I would be happy to torture them. Im pretty sure something will happen to them in prison, but only if their identities are widley known (their on my sig) so spread it !!!

There are alot of ******* up people in prison, so im sure they'll make their lives a living hell, and the guards wont take too much notice. Its just sad, that we'll be depending on criminals to serve justice.
You Sit?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't believe in the death sentence as punishment, mainly because I don't believe in an afterlife. I don't believe in any "hell" that these people would inevitably go to so... death isn't a punishment - it's an easy way out. Also, I only believe in it in extreme cases of sadistic cruelty... not for any old murder, and not when there's even a glimmer of a doubt about guilt.

However... I do believe in it as a preventative measure. Simply put - I don't think these people, the guy who did most of it especially, should ever be back in society. It seems fairly obvious to me that when / if he is released, he'll do damage to more lives whether or not he kills again. So... by all means... lock them up for 14 years. Then kill them. Not to punish them - just to end them.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My mum was crying when she read about Baby P the other day. And I've never seen her cry about things in the news.
i_hate_examz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by You Sit?)
So... by all means... lock them up Torture them for 14 years. Then kill them. Not to punish them - just to end them.
Justice.
BabyDoll91
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
bet shez lyk thm..hw cn c let diz happn??
itz soooo horrible.....
You Sit?
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by i_hate_examz)
Aggreed. I would be happy to torture them. Im pretty sure something will happen to them in prison, but only if their identities are widley known (their on my sig) so spread it !!!

There are alot of ******* up people in prison, so im sure they'll make their lives a living hell, and the guards wont take too much notice. Its just sad, that we'll be depending on criminals to serve justice.
Meh, I dunno... people said the same about Ian Huntley and nothing has happened so far. And everyone knew that name / face.

You cearly have a bit too much faith in the guards / prison system "turning a blind eye". They won't. If they think they're in too much danger, they'll move them out of the general prison population so that they can't be touched. Whether it's "right" or not - the people who committed this crime are still, technically, human... and so it becomes a human rights issue. The government and penal system sure as hell don't have the balls to go against the crusading hippies. They'd be ******** themselves about the bad press. Fact is, a whole load of the same people who are getting up in arms about the failings of the social services when it comes to Peter (for the love of god, stop calling him "Baby P" ) would be right back up on their high-horses about a prison killing.
i_hate_examz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Meh, I dunno... people said the same about Ian Huntley and nothing has happened so far. And everyone knew that name / face.

You cearly have a bit too much faith in the guards / prison system "turning a blind eye". They won't. If they think they're in too much danger, they'll move them out of the general prison population so that they can't be touched. Whether it's "right" or not - the people who committed this crime are still, technically, human... and so it becomes a human rights issue. The government and penal system sure as hell don't have the balls to go against the crusading hippies. They'd be ******** themselves about the bad press. Fact is, a whole load of the same people who are getting up in arms about the failings of the social services when it comes to Peter (for the love of god, stop calling him "Baby P" ) would be right back up on their high-horses about a prison killing.

Hm....but I think that this has caused far more controversy than the Ian Huntley case, anyway he was beaten up/ scaled etc in prison (he tried commiting suidice as far as i remember)

Im having faith in guards "turning" a blind eye, as there no other way they'll get whats deserved.

"would be right back up on their high-horses about a prison killing" - Not if it was Ian Huntely or Tracey Connelly and Steven Barker.

Anyway, Once their released after 14 years, I assume they'll go under police protection, new identity etc, so I hope that their infomation is leaked then as well
flugelr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Stop calling him "Baby P". His name was Peter.

His so-called mum and step-dad were Tracey Connolly and Steven Barker

I know their details are supposed to stay hidden, but I got told by a mate and I don't agree with HM courts in this case.
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What exactly do so many people want to spread the leaked information for?
What's done is done.
Sugar_Puff_Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cpj1987)
What exactly do so many people want to spread the leaked information for?
What's done is done.

I got a text earlier with their full details including their address (allegedly), so someone who knows them may have started that. I won't be passing the text message on, there is nothing anyone I know can do about it! I just hope they all get found guilty.
Any lawyers on here who can explain what charges they are likely to face? I read something about 'allowing him to die' - surely there should be a murder or at least manslaughter charge for the animal of a step-father?
Jadel_L
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ian Huntley has actually been beaten up quite a few times, he's pretty much in solitary confinement because it is so dangerous for him to be out.

The same will happen to these three. They won't be allowed with the other prisoners because their lives are in danger and they have to be placed in a safe environment.

In some ways i can understand why the girl didn't do anything. He could have been abusing her as well, but we'l probably never find out if that is the case.
But i don't understand how she could do nothing about him breaking his back, she said she ran out into the garden after hearing the scream so why not go that little bit further and go to the police.

She isn't at fault though, the social workers are. How could they not realise that something was going on. No child gets that many injuries from falling down. And how didn't anyone notice his fingers? Surely that would have been fairly obvious. I would have thought that the smell from his nappy would have been pretty noticable as well.
rlw31
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jadel_L)
Ian Huntley has actually been beaten up quite a few times, he's pretty much in solitary confinement because it is so dangerous for him to be out.

The same will happen to these three. They won't be allowed with the other prisoners because their lives are in danger and they have to be placed in a safe environment.

In some ways i can understand why the girl didn't do anything. He could have been abusing her as well, but we'l probably never find out if that is the case.
But i don't understand how she could do nothing about him breaking his back, she said she ran out into the garden after hearing the scream so why not go that little bit further and go to the police.

She isn't at fault though, the social workers are. How could they not realise that something was going on. No child gets that many injuries from falling down. And how didn't anyone notice his fingers? Surely that would have been fairly obvious. I would have thought that the smell from his nappy would have been pretty noticable as well.
I think it was mostly the senior social workers who were at fault. The one who was actually looking after case, asked for him to be removed from his mother several times, objected to the decision to place him with a family friend, throughout the time he spent with the family friend he received no injuries, so the social worker objected to his return to his mother, she was overruled by her superiors everytime.
Big Kabz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
She was probably scared
sdt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
His warped step- father, a 32-year-old Satanist—convicted of allowing the child to die along with the mum and a paedophile lodger—was watching the Jeremy Kyle TV show with Baby P stretched across his knees.
LMAO...
flowerness
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be honest, if you were 15 and were living with abusive parents, you would be scared to report anything incase something happened to you. This is what people don't realise! This situation can get what depending on what the 15 yr old does.

Like someone else said, I don't think you should be judging her, you weren't in her situation at the time and even if you were, you'd act the same way.
Siany_1989
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Mute)
I don't really think any of you should be judging her. None of you know what she was going through at the time.
I agree with this. Its easy to sit here and say she should of said something but you have to put yourself in her shoes, she was probably terrified! And I think its wrong that the social workers can be named but the people who murdered him cant - why do they deserve anomynity? The whole case is just disgusting, it makes me cry every time i hear/read about it. they should bring back the death penalty just for the mum and stepdad, how anyone could torture a little baby is beyond me!!
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sadie-kiki)
Every time I see the pictures of that baby it makes me cry :cry: My cousin looked so similar to him when he was a little baby...I just can't deal with it
I know what you mean - my son looks so similar to him, and is only 2 months younger than baby P was :

It makes me want to just hug my son so much The things that happened to that poor child are unspeakable
Slash_GNR
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alsop)
I don't think you would.
As long as there were condoms of course I would.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1583)
79.31%
Leave (413)
20.69%

Watched Threads