TSR meet-up III? Watch

hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go for it! I'm not gonna stop you. I found out how she broke the washing machine.
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How? *scandal*
Chiba_Revolution
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Keys? Money? Usb? Phone? Shoe? What did she stick in there?
*Feels like a character from Eastenders*
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Chiba_Revolution)
Keys? Money? Usb? Phone? Shoe? What did she stick in there?
*Feels like a character from Eastenders*
Nothing worse than putting your phone in the washing machine. :o:
Chiba_Revolution
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hahaha kill two birds with one stone, could stick one of those tiny notebooks in there!
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
a hairclip?!
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't want to come back tomorrow
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :eviltongue:
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Yeh you do :p:
gillipies
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why don't you want to come back?
FireDeuce
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, I promise you I don't.

That and I have stupid Economics from 6-8.
Should I not go? but I haven't been in a long time....

(Original post by gillipies)
Why don't you want to come back?
Bleh. I like home. Uni is just hard and different. First term blues and all that.
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
I have an economics lecture from 9-11 tomorrow ... thats worse, it involves being up early. Luckily it's all to do with globalisation and free trade, which I rather like.

Uni rules ... but with that said, it's got to the point in the term now where I'm finding it's starting to drag a bit. First 8 weeks were great, now Christmas cant come quickly enough.
FireDeuce
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think I'm going to learn from an A level textbook at Christmas all my economics. I did some of my stress OB essay today :eek:
fightoffyourdemons
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FireDeuce)
Bleh. I like home. Uni is just hard and different. First term blues and all that.
I feel the same. I came back today from a long weekend at home and felt miserable about it, even though I'm going back home again on friday..
My home is nice and comfortable and familar whereas here is loud and cold and full of drunk students and my computer is slowly dying
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
I haven't done my OB essay yet, I'm starting this week :p:

And yes, its certainly cold and loud ... but don't let that detract from the fun. Is it just me or does everyone in Dalton seem to be drunk tonight?
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry for not telling you sooner- she stuck in a rug which said "dry clean only" and didn't read the label. ****.

Ian- Sounds like my house last night! It was nuts. Round 8pm some Italian guys (I think) came over and they started shouting and playing guitar in the kitchen. Then everyone bar me got so drunk they started shouting. I tried sleeping on campus but I didn't have all my bedding and it was uncomfortable. So I wasted money on a taxi, they all stared at me when I came in and went back to shouting until 4am.

I still get that every time I go home. I think its gotten worse this year cos of how much I don't like where I live. Thank God for campus and friends. And heaven forbid, work.
fightoffyourdemons
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by IanDangerously)
I haven't done my OB essay yet, I'm starting this week :p:

And yes, its certainly cold and loud ... but don't let that detract from the fun. Is it just me or does everyone in Dalton seem to be drunk tonight?
I've written a plan for both essays (though my stress plan is really short, I've got no idea what to write), and written the introduction for the motivation one, but that's all I've done so far.

But your idea of fun is probably different to mine, and it being cold and loud does affect it. I like to be able to sleep at sensible times! I think I might invest in some ear plugs tomorrow..
Hmmm I can hear quite a few random loud cheering! Did I miss a fire alarm in Dalton over the weekend btw?
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannah_dru)
Sorry for not telling you sooner- she stuck in a rug which said "dry clean only" and didn't read the label. ****.

Ian- Sounds like my house last night! It was nuts. Round 8pm some Italian guys (I think) came over and they started shouting and playing guitar in the kitchen. Then everyone bar me got so drunk they started shouting. I tried sleeping on campus but I didn't have all my bedding and it was uncomfortable. So I wasted money on a taxi, they all stared at me when I came in and went back to shouting until 4am.

I still get that every time I go home. I think its gotten worse this year cos of how much I don't like where I live. Thank God for campus and friends. And heaven forbid, work.
She's an idiot ... start translating everything into italian on google and leave really obvious instructions on things to take the p**s! :p:

Everyone was shouting outside by the lifts before in Dalton, I was walking to Tesco and everyone I seen on my way in and out of the building was absolutely hammered! You should've gone back and got the rest of your bedding and then came back to campus and tried to sleep ... probably better than staying there.

It's nice to go home occasionally ... have you been going home during the term and weekends and stuff? Spending lots of time on campus is always good though
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
(Original post by fightoffyourdemons)
I've written a plan for both essays (though my stress plan is really short, I've got no idea what to write), and written the introduction for the motivation one, but that's all I've done so far.

But your idea of fun is probably different to mine, and it being cold and loud does affect it. I like to be able to sleep at sensible times! I think I might invest in some ear plugs tomorrow..
Hmmm I can hear quite a few random loud cheering! Did I miss a fire alarm in Dalton over the weekend btw?
The stress one is kinda tricky ... im not looking forwars to writing that at all. Motivation on the other hand is much more straightrforward if I can ever be bothered to sit down and do it!

There seems to be a sesh going on somewhere in Dalton side B because I could hear them singing the song as I was walking out to Tesco.

And nah you didnt miss a fire alarm. You missed the chance to laugh at people in Lawrence when they had a fire alarm though :rofl:
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by IanDangerously)
She's an idiot ... start translating everything into italian on google and leave really obvious instructions on things to take the p**s! :p:

Everyone was shouting outside by the lifts before in Dalton, I was walking to Tesco and everyone I seen on my way in and out of the building was absolutely hammered! You should've gone back and got the rest of your bedding and then came back to campus and tried to sleep ... probably better than staying there.

It's nice to go home occasionally ... have you been going home during the term and weekends and stuff? Spending lots of time on campus is always good though
I'm a translator and I never thought of that! Sometimes I think I should be blonde.

Urgh I heard a few people yelling outside whilst I was in Vauxhall. Yeah thinking about it I should've done but I was pissed off at myself for wasting money on a taxi.

I've gone home about 5 or 6 times now its nuts. I think its really relaxing there. The good news is we should have internet back there by the 8th Dec
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannah_dru)
I'm a translator and I never thought of that! Sometimes I think I should be blonde.

Urgh I heard a few people yelling outside whilst I was in Vauxhall. Yeah thinking about it I should've done but I was pissed off at myself for wasting money on a taxi.

I've gone home about 5 or 6 times now its nuts. I think its really relaxing there. The good news is we should have internet back there by the 8th Dec
There's always people yelling on campus .... I bet its awful in the low-rises though. It's bad enough on the 12th floor! The people upstairs have got their drums out again btw grrrrrrrrrr

5 or 6 times? :eek: ... I wish I could pop home during the term lol, but I have to wait until the holidays obviously. At least you can save all your work until a weekend when your going home and get it all done in peace and quiet I suppose.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%