Medicine Rejections 2009 entry Watch

McDull
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeh.. its going to be officially 3 weeks on monday. i also felt my interview went ok, i wouldn't say it went well.. so now im just not sure how it went!

Thanks for the tip on ucas track though .. i think the constant track checking will just have to continue >. <
Expect2Tancio
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ADREAM)
thanks for the advice, but i'm such a nervous wreck right now!
can you describe your interviewers, what did they look like? perhaps i had the same....
both were women
one was chubby, american accent, didn't look all that interested at times
the other was tall, slim, brown hair, very friendly
dont know if that will help
i did notice they enjoyed loooking at the clock above my head, slightly offputting at times
SilentGirl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Track checking disorder ! Ahhh the life...

I cant even sleep these days, I go to bed thinking about the damn interview, wake up thinking about it too ! :|
SilentGirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
almost 3 weeks about kings?!? really?!? mines just over 2 now - and i thought that was bad!
by the way, ucas send e-mails about application updates ONLY at 12pm and 5pm, so if kings responded for example, at 12.30pm, then you would only get an e-mail at 12pm, so it's best just to check track!!!!!
same here, i check track every single day now!!!!
You are amazingly correct ! I got my neuroscience offer from kings at 12:01 pm.
ADREAM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SilentGirl)
You are amazingly correct ! I got my neuroscience offer from kings at 12:01 pm.
Why, thank you!
ADREAM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SilentGirl)
Track checking disorder ! Ahhh the life...

I cant even sleep these days, I go to bed thinking about the damn interview, wake up thinking about it too ! :|
Same here, lol! Guess we're in the same boat
ADREAM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Expect2Tancio)
both were women
one was chubby, american accent, didn't look all that interested at times
the other was tall, slim, brown hair, very friendly
dont know if that will help
i did notice they enjoyed loooking at the clock above my head, slightly offputting at times
Ahhh, I see.... My interviewers were completely different!
Good luck on the rest of your application!
ADREAM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by McDull)
yeh.. its going to be officially 3 weeks on monday. i also felt my interview went ok, i wouldn't say it went well.. so now im just not sure how it went!

Thanks for the tip on ucas track though .. i think the constant track checking will just have to continue >. <
That's a-ok!
Good luck!
Mathematician!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
I'm sure I'll end up posting here again in the future with some news so watch this space!
Wow, you have a lot of confidence in yourself, haven't you? :rolleyes:
i'm no superman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mathematician!)
Wow, you have a lot of confidence in yourself, haven't you? :rolleyes:
Well considering ALL of the unis I've applied to for Medicine have given out interviews already, I'm not exactly in a good position but it's still early in the cycle. Oh and please, hardly anyone ever gets four offers for Medicine. The only person I've come across who got four offers for Medicine exclusively is that Pepe Le Posh guy who's at Nottingham.
Eggs-over_easy
Report 10 years ago
just a quick question to everyone (sorry to interrupt the flow)
How many people from you school/ sixth form college have applied for medicine?

In addition, is it true about the whole only one person from a particular school will be offered a place at a specific medical school? For example if both another girl and i applied for pms, they would only be able to give one of us a place because we are from the same school.
It sounds a bit strange but it’s being worrying me since I heard it!
i'm no superman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Eggs-over_easy)

In addition, is it true about the whole only one person from a particular school will be offered a place at a specific medical school? For example if both another girl and i applied for pms, they would only be able to give one of us a place because we are from the same school.
There's about a dozen of us at my school. As far as I'm aware only four people have interviews - 3 at King's, 2 of those also have Birmingham and someone has Cardiff.

As far as your next question, that's very untrue. Last year three boys at my school had offers from UCL for med and eventually met their offers and are first years so that rumour is very false.
Eden01
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

That cant be true. I had 2 girls at my sixth form go to the same uni (birmingham) to do medicine
Eggs-over_easy
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
There's about a dozen of us at my school. As far as I'm aware only four people have interviews - 3 at King's, 2 of those also have Birmingham and someone has Cardiff.

As far as your next question, that's very untrue. Last year three boys at my school had offers from UCL for med and eventually met their offers and are first years so that rumour is very false.

Yea I thought that sound completely implausible

you school is in keeping with a growing trend I am seeing , making it seem really perplexing that in a pretty large sixth form only 4 people are applying for medicine
1 of vet and none for law. We are a pretty good sixth form with quite a good rep. so...
Is this usual?
ADREAM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yea I thought that sound completely implausible

you school is in keeping with a growing trend I am seeing , making it seem really perplexing that in a pretty large sixth form only 4 people are applying for medicine
1 of vet and none for law. We are a pretty good sixth form with quite a good rep. so...
Is this usual?
wow! a complete contrast for mine, where - and i mean this - more than half of the year (70+ students) are applying for medicine, 2 for dentistry and 1 for vet!!!!
ADREAM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
Well considering ALL of the unis I've applied to for Medicine have given out interviews already, I'm not exactly in a good position but it's still early in the cycle. Oh and please, hardly anyone ever gets four offers for Medicine. The only person I've come across who got four offers for Medicine exclusively is that Pepe Le Posh guy who's at Nottingham.
In fact, only 20-35% get at least ONE offer!
crackerbox
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In fact, only 20-35% get at least ONE offer!
I thought it was that 60% get no offers, which would make it 40% that get offers, or are my chances even worse than I thought?
i'm no superman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yet they say Veterinary Medicine is so much more competitive and harder to get into!
There's only 1 guy applying at my school too. Then again, they are very few vet schools to their credit.
ADREAM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crackerbox)
I thought it was that 60% get no offers, which would make it 40% that get offers, or are my chances even worse than I thought?
Not entirely sure, but i remember reading this 20-35% thingy somewhere....
I could be wrong though....
ADREAM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
Yet they say Veterinary Medicine is so much more competitive and harder to get into!
There's only 1 guy applying at my school too. Then again, they are very few vet schools to their credit.
Yep, in fact i've never heard of any vet schools!!!! Is it really that much more competitive than medicine?!?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.89%
No - I got the required grades (100)
57.47%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.64%

Watched Threads