i've had a good idea for some coursework! anyone know any modern songs about war? Watch

Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To almost everyone in this thread; please make sure a song is actually about war before posting it.

For example: Most Rage Against the Machine songs, Eminem - Toy Soldiers, most of the Nine Inch Nails songs, probably all of the songs I've never heard of. Not about war.
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
'The Grave' - George Michael covered it on 2003, I'm not sure who it was originally by. It's a very touching song about war. "When the wars of our nation did beckon, a man barely twenty did answer the call, proud of the trust that he placed in our nation...he's gone." The last verse is really touching - "They can't let me die, they can't let me die here! I'll cover myself with the mud and the earth, I'll cover myself! I know I'm not brave! The earth! The earth! The earth is my grave." Gosh, I'm listening to it just now, it's so moving - 'As he clung to his rifle and prayed not to die.'

Megadeth have an awesome song, 'Holy Wars...The Punishment Due.' There's 'One' by Metallica as well. 'Civil War' by Guns N Roses. 'Two Minutes To Midnight' by Iron Maiden. 'Mosh' by Eminem. These are all absolutely wicked and require no explaining!

'Billy Don't Be A Hero'

'Two Little Boys' (the one Rolf Harris sings!) is about war - the two little boys have two little toy horses that they play with, and at the beginning of the song one little boy breaks his, so his friend says he can play with his as well. At the end of the song, they've grown up and are fighting in war, and the one who's toy was broken at the beginning finds his friend dying, so like his friend said in the beginning, 'Did you think I would leave you crying when there's room on my horse for two?,' he says, 'Did you think I would leave you dying when there's room on my horse for two?' It's really sweet.

There's 'Enola Gay' by OMD which is about the nuclear bomb, and 'Hiroshima Mon Amour' by Alcatrazz, both brilliant songs.

And of course..."WAR! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing, say it again!"
Forsaken
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sadly the first thing I thought of was "Mama" by My Chemical Romance >.<

Before I go and shoot myself in the head, let me also add "Killing In The Name Of" by Rage Against the Machine (Pretty sure that's war related. Or can be interpreted to be war related. I just like screaming **** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME at it)

A lot off of The Offspring's first album (which is 1989 but that's still modern, damn it, 20 years is NOT old >.< )
- Out On Patrol
- Tehran
- Kill The President
(sort of)

BYOB (Bring Your Own Bomb) by System of a Down
-NiaZo-
Report 9 years ago
For the lyrics I recommend Heaven Shall Burn- Armia
ocelotrevs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bad Religion - Atheist Peace, Let Them Eat War.
...Trail of Dead - Worlds Apart
Coheed and Cambria - Silent Earth: 3
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SuicideCommando)
Linkin Park - Hands Held High
love that song
LS_Amber
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eve of Destruction - Barry Mcquire
Brothers in arms - Dire straits
IAmAScientist
Report 9 years ago
A Bad Dream - Keane
Based on some of WB Yeats' poetry from WW1.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed