This discussion is closed.
__Katy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Phil Selway)
Hey guys, need some advice desperatelyyy

My girlfriend wants me to make her a card since she's making me one..i'm completely useless in an arty sense and when i tried to make one last year it was tacky and rubbish.

Gahh..

Is there anything I can give her (we're not doing presents, just cards) to replace a card ,i mean i'm probably going to give her a rose when we go out, but I need a card! aaah!

Reply pleeease thanks
Firstly, 5 year old cards can be highly cute. Think Edward Monkton (google him!) and there is someone that makes cards that say things like "i love you very much, almost as much as i love icecream" written in crayon on card that looks like lined paper

If you really don't want to make her a card - write her a letter
SilverWings
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have an extra WEEK than all of you to think of presents

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Lazy Bed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
when I saw like... the third comment or something... I BURST out laughing xD

anyway, get their address, and:

Send your gift (Plushie, chocolate, something-close-to-them)
From (insert smexy name.... your name )
orange_monsoon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Right okay. Will somebody please please help me?!
I'm going out with this guy tomorrow to a restaurant for lunch - he asked me out nearly two weeks ago, and we went to a cafe last week, but taking it very slowly - neither of us have really been out with anyone before.
Basically I want to know what to get him! I have no idea, and I'm totally freaking out. I don't want to get too much and look like a moron or get too little and look like a moron, because I really really like him.
Does anyone have any ideas?
kai4321
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by orange_monsoon)
I'm going out with this guy tomorrow to a restaurant for lunch - he asked me out nearly two weeks ago, and we went to a cafe last week, but taking it very slowly - neither of us have really been out with anyone before.
Basically I want to know what to get him! I have no idea, and I'm totally freaking out. I don't want to get too much and look like a moron or get too little and look like a moron, because I really really like him.
Well when you're the girl I find that it gets easier because there's not as much dependance on you getting the guy a present. I think the best thing to do is to maybe get something not too expensive but something that has MEANING. I don't know how long you two have gone out for but maybe get him a DVD of the first movie you two saw, or maybe a CD of his favourite band/artist. I'm not great with these, but I think any one of them I would probably like to get, so I would hope that I'm an average in this and that other guys would also like it. Hope I helped.
***amy***
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wouldn't get him anything personally. I'm not really getting my boyfriend anything and we've been together a year... it's more boys getting girls presents anyway, less pressure on the girl. Just say happy valentines day! and smile/ squeeze his hand/ give him a kiss, etc. or something tiny and jokey - like under 5 quid.

Just realised this is a bit late...
orange_monsoon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ***amy***)
I wouldn't get him anything personally. I'm not really getting my boyfriend anything and we've been together a year... it's more boys getting girls presents anyway, less pressure on the girl. Just say happy valentines day! and smile/ squeeze his hand/ give him a kiss, etc. or something tiny and jokey - like under 5 quid.

Just realised this is a bit late...
Hmm it was a tad, but thank you anyway.
I got him a little bag of chocolates from thorntons and a card, and it went really well
***amy***
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmm it was a tad, but thank you anyway.
I got him a little bag of chocolates from thorntons and a card, and it went really well
that's kind of the thing I was suggesting anyway - something small. Glad to hear it went well!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (757)
80.36%
Leave (185)
19.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise