Turn on thread page Beta

Is this fair.. sister punched my dad and is grounded. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattHummer)
    **** off. he chose to have the kid, he's responsible for her wellbeing. 'his house'. its the family house, not his house.

you're so repressed it's unbelievable. take your blinkers off and realise that in the 21st century, daddy isnt boss. respect your parents, don't fear them.

people like you disgust me.
    He didn't choose for her to be disrespectful and annoying though and he needs to teach her that what she did was wrong.

If she got let off this time, what would she do next time? Kick him? Yeah, you'd like that wouldn't you.

ReputationRep:
    Kids need a good smack once in a while IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel-M)
    I dont think you can be arrested if its in a private place between families. :confused: Might be wrong though. haha

Of course you can get arrested for domestic violence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    He calls her these things because he has no respect for her and she obv doesn't respect him. Like for example she knocked his glass of beer over a few weeks ago by accident and she got up and said 'oops I'l go and get a cloth' and he said 'bloody hell, you bloody thick pillock' and she got annoyed by this and said 'right fine I won't bother it was only a accident' and my dad said 'go on p** off upstairs to your internet you bloody thick b**ch' and then she shouted down 'sh*t head' lol.

Its things like this he can't resist calling her because she gets on his nerves and she can't resist retaliating.
    I still say calling him a **** head is a sign of an attitude problem. It completely wasn't reasonable in the situation you just described. He was harsh in calling her thick, but by getting annoyed she just escalated things. Every teenager has arguments like that with their parents, but the vast majority of teenagers wouldn't punch their parents in the face or call them things like "**** head".

I'm worried that you seem to think calling your father a **** head and punching him in the face are reasonable things to do, and that you "lol" about her clear attitude problem. And shocked, tbh, that you even needed to ask if she deserved to be grounded for punching your father hard enough to make him bleed.

ReputationRep:
    id never even dream of raising my hand on either of my parents. she deserved it tbh.. a light tap around the head is nothing, she over reacted way too much..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanna May)
    I still say calling him a **** head is a sign of an attitude problem. It completely wasn't reasonable in the situation you just described. He was harsh in calling her thick, but by getting annoyed she just escalated things. I'm worried that you seem to think calling your father a **** head and punching him in the face are reasonable things to do, and that you "lol" about her clear attitude problem.
    I don't think its reasonable but Im also worried that he seems to think that putting her down all the time is reasonable, but Im not getting all worked up about it they can sort it among themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enrapture)
    He didn't choose for her to be disrespectful and annoying though and he needs to teach her that what she did was wrong.

If she got let off this time, what would she do next time? Kick him? Yeah, you'd like that wouldn't you.
    he could deal with it a lot better instead of insulting her and hitting her. my parents never insulted or hit me and as a result i respect them much more than people who were insulted and hit by their parents.

wtf kind of society justifies a parent demeaning his own child?

and why is everyone on this thread justifying the father behaviour? is everyone here **** scared of their parents? losers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gulli)
    no its not fair, if i punched my dad i would get kicked out of the house... either that or get my head kicked in.
    tell her to learn some respect for her parents, its no wonder our country is up the *******
    Parents are not inherently deserving of the 'respect' of their offspring.

ReputationRep:
    That's completely fair, it's his house and his rules. She should have learnt from the warning slap to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_<3_you)
    id never even dream of raising my hand on either of my parents. she deserved it tbh.. a light tap around the head is nothing, she over reacted way too much..
    would you like it? its not the pain that is the problem, its the fact he feels he can violate another persons personal space in order to try to discipline them like a dog. if someone did it to you on the street you wouldnt accept it, why accept it from your father? your father should be someone you go to for protection not fear getting ******* by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattHummer)
    he could deal with it a lot better instead of insulting her and hitting her. my parents never insulted or hit me and as a result i respect them much more than people who were insulted and hit by their parents.

wtf kind of society justifies a parent demeaning his own child?

and why is everyone on this thread justifying the father behaviour? is everyone here **** scared of their parents? losers.
    I feel sorry for your parents. They obviously have to put up with your stinking attitude every day, whilst you listen to RATM and call everyone a 'loser'.

Don't worry, you will grow out of it. Then you'll just be a ****.

ReputationRep:
    2 months seems a little extreme for something that was clearly a spur of the moment. The father sounds like a prick in my opinion, although a punch sounds extreme.

It's not good to threaten your children with violence. It's obvious where she learned the hostility from.

ReputationRep:
    Kids these days.

Pathetic, she deserved it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehjonny)
    I feel sorry for your parents. They obviously have to put up with your stinking attitude every day, whilst you listen to RATM and call everyone a 'loser'.

Don't worry, you will grow out of it. Then you'll just be a ****.
    loser.

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Kyle much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Pieb)
    hush.

parents hit there kids sometimes. Its normal...
    :lolwut: why have I to hush?

ReputationRep:
    I should think so. What an insolent brat.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the youth of today are appalling! How can anyone ever ever justify hitting their parents?! I think she got off lightly with only being grounded for 2 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    My 14 year old sister is grounded for 2 months for punching my dad. She hates the central heating on when she's trying to sleep in the morning

This is a common argument between me and my mum. Can't she manually turn the radiator in her room off? Is what I do.

Also, I think this is totally unfair. If someone, anyone, lays a finger on me, they can expect repurcussions, whether it be a slap if I think I can take them, or the police (or my brother, but probs wouldn't apply to this situation) if I can't.

ReputationRep:
    She made him bleed:eek: ? Yes I would agree the punishment was just:lolwut:. You just don't hit your parents...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.