Turn on thread page Beta

have u ever hit your parents or would you, and have they hit you watch

ReputationRep:
    Sure they've hit me... I think it's okay. I think I slapped my mum on her arm once... But nothing proper

ReputationRep:
    I'd never hit my parents, that's completely disrespectful. My mum slapped me a few times when I was little for disbehaving. My dad never hit me though, even though he was a single parent to me for most of his life. I think it's different when your dad hits you and you're a girl, though.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get smacks on the bum when i was a naughty child, which would sting for a few seconds and shock me enough to stop misbehaving.

Otherwise I've been hit by my dad once when i had deliberately antagonised him. and i hit back as it was an instinctive reaction.

ReputationRep:
    never hit my parents :lolwut:
    Dad never laid a finger on me. Mum used to hit me when i was younger but it never really hurt :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Never got 'hit' really. I got a smacked bum quite often as a kid, but nothing ultra violent. As a teenager, I suppose I did get slapped around the head a few times, but would never really have properly hit back.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I was smacked on the bum as a child (usually with hand, but occasionally a hairbrush) and that is acceptable. Now though, I wouldn't take it. I'd probably not hit back, but I would disown my father- I have no respect for him anyway.

ReputationRep:
    no but tbh i have never really had enough reason to do so
    my brother thinks that its fine to do it to me and has got away with it for years. i had enough just before christmas and got him arrested.
    he's back home again now but hasn't touched me since, i had to hold myslef back on sat night though...i was arguing with my mom and my moms partner decided to get involved. he was all in my face and all i can remember saying was get the **** out of my face and trying so hard not to hit him. i also admitted that its because of him that i want to move to NZ

ReputationRep:
    Both my mum and dad sort of hit me when I was younger. I wouldnt hit them back.

ReputationRep:
    my brother thinks that its fine to do it to me and has got away with it for years. i had enough just before christmas and got him arrested.
    he's back home again now but hasn't touched me since, i had to hold myslef back on sat night though...i was arguing with my mom and my moms partner decided to get involved. he was all in my face and all i can remember saying was get the **** out of my face and trying so hard not to hit him. i also admitted that its because of him that i want to move to NZ

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I hit my dad once after he hit me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes & Yes, most recently about a week or two ago. I prefer to throw things though personally.

ReputationRep:
    LOL are you mad, I could NEVER hit my parents have too much respect for them and yes I used to get hit alot. Obviously once I reached a certain age it would be weird for parents to hit me. It's standard with black parents though. Nothing wrong with smacking your kids when they do something naughty. Never did me any harm.

ReputationRep:
    idk why my previous reply came up so often...
    my family isn't all that but the fact was that the guy is nothing to do with me so i can't understand what he thought he was doing in my face. even when i was little being told off by my parents i never had anyone so close to my face that i could feel their rancid breathe on my face and never did they swear at me, just for the record i didn't until he did.

ReputationRep:
    My parents have never hit me, and I wouldn't ever hit them. I've never had a reason to and doubt that I ever will have.

My father hit me a lot. My mother did occasionally but never hurt me as much as he did.

I have punched both of them out of desperation.

I regret it.

I've also hurt my grandmother by accident when she was trying to take beat me and I hit her hand back towards her face without thinking and caught her nose.

I have a very violent family. You wouldn't know it from the outside.

ReputationRep:
    My dad was being a **** and hit me, I hit him back.

I have respect for my parents, but it goes both ways

ReputationRep:
    I have never hit my parents, and they have never hit me. My dad could probably beat the crap out of me if he wanted to though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic hybrid)

I didn't quote you, never mentioned your username and you never even posted in the thread before, so its rather paranoid to assume I was insulting you. :lolwut:
    Er I'd throw that RIGHT back at you.... I was talking to OP/the thread in general!!! I didn't quote you......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Er I'd throw that RIGHT back at you.... I was talking to OP/the thread in general!!! I didn't quote you......
    Oh, right. We both used "weird" and I got confused.

I am a dummy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.