Turn on thread page Beta

Would u go out with a bisexual? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'm surprised so many people are saying no! Why?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    My boyfriend fancying other men is not an attractive quality and turns me off completely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    My boyfriend fancying other men is not an attractive quality and turns me off completely.
    Ah, right... I just don't get that tbh. But fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    Yesss, I would, as long as I liked whoever it was aside from their sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    No, they haven't doubled. They've increased by about 5%, to include (in my case) bisexual women and gay women. To say they've doubled is to ignore the entire demographic of straight women who are completely unavailable to me.

Anyway, unless you think the only reason that most straight people don't cheat is because of a lack of choice, your argument really holds no water. I am not more disloyal and more promiscuous because I'm bisexual.
    Without actually seeing your personality or any other variables, yes you are actually more likely to be disloyal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    Fancying other males is a very big turn off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frodz)
    Sure............of either sex
    this.

As long as they're not camp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teigan)
    Fancying other males is a very big turn off.
    Not for everyone =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    Without actually seeing your personality or any other variables, yes you are actually more likely to be disloyal.
    Sorry, because I'm bisexual? Are you actually saying that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Being bisexual doesn't mean you need both genders to be satisfied, so I don't see why not.

This.
    Just because you are attracted to both doesn't mean you need both at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm bisexual, so it would be hypocritical for me to remove other bisexuals from the potential pool of future lovers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    Sorry, because I'm bisexual? Are you actually saying that?
    Hetero choice of mates = x

Bi choice of mates = X + Y(however small this group is)

Bi choice of mates > Hetero choice

maybe mates isn't the correct term but you get the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forsaken_earth)
    Not for everyone =)
    I know... I was providing a reason as to why I said no to the question.

ReputationRep:
    Hetero choice of mates = x

Bi choice of mates = X + Y(however small this group is)

Bi choice of mates > Hetero choice

maybe mates isn't the correct term but you get the point.
    That's ridiculous - is the reason that most straight people don't cheat a lack of choice? You seem to think that an increase of 5% is so overwhelming that it'll breakdown a bisexual man or woman's ability not to stray, somehow. Seriously, CHOICE isn't the determining factor in whether someone is a cheater or not.

Anyway if this thread's anything to go buy, I've significantly cut down my choice of partners because of my sexuality in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't think i'd be able to

ReputationRep:
    No, never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    That's ridiculous - is the reason that most straight people don't cheat a lack of choice? You seem to think that an increase of 5% is so overwhelming that it'll breakdown a bisexual man or woman's ability not to stray, somehow. Seriously, CHOICE isn't the determining factor in whether someone is a cheater or not.
    I accept that. I'm just saying that (from looking at the surface of it) statistically, bisexuals have a greater chance of finding someone else than heterosexuals. It's only a tiny amount more, and probably doesn't make much difference, but it still counts.

ReputationRep:
    I accept that. I'm just saying that (from looking at the surface of it) statistically, bisexuals have a greater chance of finding someone else than heterosexuals. It's only a tiny amount more, and probably doesn't make much difference, but it still counts.
    Cheating isn't about "finding someone else" though, it's about being disloyal to your current partner. The number of people available to you to cheat with is not, by any means, the MAIN deciding factor. The deciding factors have nothing to do with sexual orientation.

I am a very committed and loyal girlfriend, and I am much less likely to cheat than a straight girl who isn't really that committed in her relationships and likes to flirt a lot (for instance). The fact that I'm bisexual doesn't make me more likely to cheat than her, simply because there's more on offer to me (although, I doubt this is really the case significantly). Her personality type and her lack of commitment make her much more likely to cheat. You can't say that bisexuals as a group are more likely to cheat, based on something which you acknowledge doesn't even really make a difference.

This is sort of like saying, "people who buy more matches are more likely to commit arson". yes, availability of the tools needed to commit arson might, theoretically, make you bit more likely to do it but really being a pyromaniac is what makes you more likely to commit arson - the number of matches at your disposal is sort of a moot contributing factor when you consider that.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the person. I wouldn't rule it out, so yes theoretically.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i am :proud:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2009
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.