warning to younger self!! Watch

snorty_swirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1) Don't stress over studying until sixth form
2) Do NOT let yourself fall in love with someone you are close to (you'll know who i mean when you meet him)
3) Stop caring about what 'friends' say or think, you'll find out soon enough that real friends arent going to be judgemental
Schmokie Dragon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would tell myself one thing - don't let the depression get to you. I've done some very silly, attention seeking things when in a fit of depression and while many things have worked out well for me, the fact that I sought help when I think I could have handled it on my own means I have a track record of 'acting out' and some very attracting career options have been closed off to me. If I had handled it, not let it get out of hand and sorted myself out, I would still be where I am now but I would have made some important, self-esteem boosting changes.
brideoflichtenstein
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
1.This friend will betray you in 5 years, don't trust her.
2.Go to art school
3.You will get uglier, this is the best you will ever look, stop being depressed about it and enjoy it while you can.
Ghost
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tell your surgeon that he's wrong about which eye has the issue. This'll save weeks of pointless agony.
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1) Make sure you avoid the arguments with <insert name> and be nicer to her.
2) These are the questions that you'll get asked in your Cambridge interview: ...
3) Next week's lottery numbers are: ...
Manny_Manny
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1) Put more effort into things other than games!
2) Go tell people about your troubles to get rid off that paronoia earlier on..seriously..
3) Accept that she's draining you earlier and talk to her about it instead of letting yourself get bitter and tired and if you still break up with her go out and talk to other girls you ****ing idiot!
Sitbh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1. You must listen to me, i am from the future.
2. I know you don't believe me, but for some reason i've been told i can tell you three things about your life.
3. It's going to be an interesting one.
(",)
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
!) Talk to more people, or just talk more & keep in touch with people your old friends, they might need you.
2) Be active! learn to play an instrument, or swim...just do something that will keep you away from the television...and give you stories to tell....make you more interesting
3) BE HAPPY!!
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1. Choose your friends carefully. If you can't find any decent ones, screw it and go it alone.
2. Work hard. You never get chance to do it again.
3. Don't be afraid to be honest.
PrincessAriadne
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1 - Do not wander into an economics class, and if you do DON'T STAY - GET OUT YOU CRAZY IDIOT!
2 - As soon as you meet your future hubby, just move away, change college and Go!!!
3 - Don't get so down hunny, nothings worth that, just go for a run or something
User237126
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do English instead of Music AS level

Pursue the girl you kissed who said 3 months later she wished you'd phoned her.

Do more interesting stuff with your life and throw your bloody computer out of the window for a start!
freeforever
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1. Push as hard as you can to get into that good school, it will save you a year or two or your life if you get in.
2. Remember to go out with your mates, even if you really just wanna sit infront on the TV with your bf
3. Save up for the really amazing things you want; don't waste your money on little things!
tomangegi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1 - Start Exercising
2 - Don't take a Gap Year
3 - Realise when you've had enough to drink
Teao the Cat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1 Don't worry so much about getting a boyfriend.... they were all idiots at school anyway. You get it better than you could imagine later on.
2 Spend a few more hours revising for A level history- That Tudor paper was a killer. You'll appreciate it when you get that scholarship.
3 Take up the clarsach in fourth form- you'll regret not doing it later!
Stomm
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Reapply to a different course, but still in London and still go out every Friday night...

Do your sodding homework

Finish what you start
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1) enjoy life to the full and never worry

2) make sure to keep in contact with ur primary school friends

3) don't give a damn of what other people think of you, just be yourself
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wouldnt tell young me anything actually.

Yeah, there are things I'd rather have avoided, but meh, it's all character building in the end.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't back out of the suicide attempt or ask for help. Do it properly and end it all rather than spending the next 6 years severely depressed and still wanting to end it but feeling too guilty to.
treasureBelle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1) DON'T take German at A/S level. You will hate it.
2) DON'T take German AGAIN when you retake year 12.
3) Stop eating crap every lunchtime. The shop up the road is overrated, and you'll get fat(ter).
4) Get more involved in school life. Join the charities committee, go to chess club...
5) Work hard.
6) Do the abseiling challenge on the team building day. You'll feel so much better about yourself afterwards, instead of letting fear get the better of you and regretting it even 2 years later.
7) Don't procrastinate.
8) Exercise more.
ghanglish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's summer 2002...I've just finished my GCSEs and preparing for A levels

1. Don't do AS Physiscs, Carry on with French instead
2. Do Pharmacy rather than biomed followed by pharmacology MSc .... better job prospects
3. Take even more risks at Sixth form and enjoy University more by getting involved with more activities
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%

Watched Threads