?
Report 9 years ago
Goth Detectives in London, July 2008
GeorgEGNT
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
7/7 - Remember going into the classroom at lunchtime and all of the teachers had the radio on and was looking at the BBC website, I didnt believe my teacher at first. What a shock I got.

9/11 - Got home from school, friend called me and simply said "Put channel 1 on", I replied I'm watching *cant remember*, I will in a minute, he replied "You need to put channel 1 on". I did and I can still remember the shock and upset I felt as if it was yesterday.

Tsunami, Alan Shearers testimonial, first time I scored for my football team, first flying lesson at Newcastle airport.
jackwhiteisgod
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAA!!!!!! !!!!!

can you smell-l-l-l what barrack is cookin'?
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
princess diana's death because I got in the car with my mum after school and she said something along the lines of 'I've got something terrible to tell you' and me and my brother were both really worried, then she said that princess diana had died and we were both just like 'ok, whatever, lets go home'

that's the only news event I'll always remember I expect.

there are quite a few personal events, none of any real interest to anyone else
lottie03
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Seeing the Spice Girls
A few school trips
My prom
When my gran died

-x-
Big Kabz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
People will remember it for the wrong reasons

POLITICAL

9/11
7/7
Iraq
Bush
Obama
Financial crisis
Allthewayhome
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Pope's funeral.
Diana.
9/11
7/7
Glasgow bombing.
Celtic stopping 10 in a row.
Mastermind`
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gary Neville's cross at Euro 96 :coma:
Manchester United 1999 CL final :yeah:
Signing up to TSR on 5th April 2008 :yep:
Getting Hull City promoted in LMA Manager :cool:
SnowAngel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My first day of sixth form :awesome:
TheLouisVuittonDon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
first kiss.
first time i went out on a 'date' with my girlfriend (who i have been with for four years)
seeing the new york skyline for the first time.
playing halo 2 with friends for almost 24 hours..

good times
little_green
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
9/11 - was the second day of 6th form, I remember I overheard girls talking about it in the loos and wondering what they were on about.
Diana - was when I was visiting my mum's new house after my parents divorced, I think I was more upset about going home lol.
7/7 - was eating bangers and mash in wetherspoons while I was on jury duty.

Others, hmm, my first boyfriend admitting he fancied another girl, failing my driving test really badly, the birth of my daughter.
Student2806
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
9/11 - I first heard about it on the bus on the way home from school - it was on the radio about an aircraft hitting some building in America. At the time (I was 12ish) it didn't hit me how big it was and I remember being perplexed at how shocked my mum was when I got home.

7/7 was much clearer - I was in a physics lesson and our teacher let us put the radio on. I was really worried about my uncle who lived in London.

I remember personal events much more clearly though - things happened to my family when I was younger than 10 and I remember it like it was yesterday.
nempozpag
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Typically i only remember major acts of violence and distress towards myself. I also remember all the major events but i'll forget the details of those over time. Things that happened to me, particularly those that were unexpected stay a lot longer and with far more clarity.
indigovioletred
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Diana's death - I was listening to my radio, and rushed in to tell my parents when I heard... they told me that it must be Princess Anne, and to go back to sleep XD

9/11 - Getting home from school to find it on bbc news 24, when everyone still thought the first one was an accident, then seeing the second plane crash...

The first time my boyfriend told me he loved me.
Being so nervous about my first trip away from home without my parents (aged 9, going on a school residential) that I threw up on the coach.
Seeing the first ever 'Blind Date' wedding, which happened to be going on at a hotel we were staying at.
Pepperoni
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sitting on the sofa with my dad, brother and sister and the whole room exploding when Michael Owen scored that goal in the World Cup 1998
September 11th obviously, 11 years old. I remember being at my friend's house and hearing my mum and my friends mum talking in hushed tones and they came in and turned on the TV and the rest, well it's history really.
7/7 - Was in Tenerife watching the British news channel whilst eating breakfast, it was really something to see it all unfold in real time.

Personally, I'd say my first kiss, first real 'broken heart' and an ill fated holiday roamance.
xkarenlouisex
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by will274)
Britney flashing her growler.

Her growler that hilarious LOL !:p:

For me OP it would be when my dad died I was 6.

& the day U eventually went out with my current boyf <3(there were complications)
Mikimoto
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Omagh Bomb, 9/11, Princess Diana's Death, Queen Mother's Death, 7/7.
Hula129
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
setting off travelling.... stood at the airport on my own with a huggeee rucksack which was like bigger than me.... good times
first fest
my dad teaching me guitar
holding my niece for the first time
PJ Chemnerd
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
princess diana's death because I got in the car with my mum after school and she said something along the lines of 'I've got something terrible to tell you' and me and my brother were both really worried, then she said that princess diana had died and we were both just like 'ok, whatever, lets go home'

that's the only news event I'll always remember I expect.

there are quite a few personal events, none of any real interest to anyone else
You went to school on a Sunday?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.38%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (157)
40.57%
Nope, not that interesting (155)
40.05%

Watched Threads