Turn on thread page Beta

Are you scared of dying? I'm terrified :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am not sacred of death as we will all die one day.

ReputationRep:
    tbh i am not scared of dying i am just scared of the people i love dying.

ReputationRep:
    ...other times i just want to die now.

ReputationRep:
    From the moment we're born, we're dying.

ReputationRep:
    what the hell?
    living forever would be amazing Whatsinaname, why do you want to die?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Not scared of death, Im scared of whats coming after....

ReputationRep:
    I'm not scared about there being an afterlife, I can never know and I'll only drive myself crazy if I try and find the truth.

I'm very aware of mortality (my own and of those around me) but I'm not at all scared of dying (beyond basic survival instinct and stuff).

I'm more scared of getting to the end of my life and feeling insignificant
    I'm more scared of the people I love dying
    I'm more scared of wanting to die.
    I'm more scared of living forever.

I'm scared that one day I might have sex with my....

ReputationRep:
    I'm not scared of death, more how i will die.... bus is looking pretty messy lol
    I am however scared of being in a accident and being left like a cabbage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm scared that one day I might have sex with my....
    ...WIFE :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of achieving nothing and then at other times I wonder what would be the point of that even anyway? If there is life after death then it's simply more life and so much like this life your best bet is to not be too concerned about what might happen in the future and just enjoy the beauty of the world around you now. If only I would take my own advice a bit more :P

Oh and a tiny part of me doesn't actually believe i'll die..

ReputationRep:
    I think by the time I'm old it'll come as quite a relief. 80 odd years of waking up and having the disappointment of looking in the mirror to find I'm still me will get quite disheartening.

I do hope it doesn't hurt, though.

ReputationRep:
    Life is an illusion, a hallucination, the parts that are shared with others are called 'reality'. Everything we experience is created in our minds, a fusion of present experience that comes from our senses and our memories. We are already one with the universe, we are all atoms. Consciousness is 'fame in the brain', there are lots of thoughts and the most popular one becomes the thought we define as "me". Your brain controls the information "you" perceive. We are god, god is everything, always work to make your own heaven here on earth. God didn't design it, got IS it. We are really like divine beings born with our memories missing, life is the test, the endless dance to find enlightenment. When we die, who knows if what we call 'consciousness' survives, "I" doubt it, but what is there to fear? Our atoms are all part of the incredibly incompressible Universe and will continue to be so. Make the most of the here and now. That's all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    Life isn't that good

no...not usually but actually now i think bout it i certainly am :O

ReputationRep:
    I find it reeallly weird thinking about the fact that the world existed before I was born... I suppose that makes you feel like the world could literally revolve around you..! and then that makes me feel like...what if I made all this up? everyone else existing is just a figment of my imagination?!! what!!?
    you've really freaked me out now OP, I hope you're happy :P
    but seriously though, we don't know why we're here, so why not just try and be happy whilst we are?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really scared of dying, I'm just scared of getting old.
    The thought of being dependent just horrifies me.
    And I'm scared of the people around me dying. I always hope I'll die before any of them do.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't scared of death before, but I have been this week.

God damn this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Your mum used to say ''one year less on this earth'' when you wished her happy birthday as a kid? Man, that would freak me out! How insensitive!

ReputationRep:
    there's nothing to be scared of.
    death is going to be exciting in a really twisted way.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.