Turn on thread page Beta

Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead thread. :D watch

• View Poll Results: How do you rate Planet of the Dead?
    Outstanding! I loved it.
    16.45%
    Good! Very enjoyable viewing.
    45.39%
    It was ok.
    30.26%
    Bad! I didn't like it.
    7.24%
    Awful! I hated it.
    0.66%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I can't wait until November. This one was the last "good romp" and from now the last three will get very serious. It's nice to see the last two special's villain revealed in the form of another hint from a low-level psychic (Songs were also mentioned in Planet of the Ood, and the 4-knocks clue is obvious enough for fans). The next special in November MIGHT even bring back a past alien that has been rumoured to return. That is;

Spoiler:
    Show
    The Ice Warriors
    :five:The preview looked very intriguing:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Erm thanks to whoever gave me that negative rep.

Probably one of the people I accused of crying earlier. Way to prove a point.

ReputationRep:
    Could Christina be the young version of that lady who was in the library episode?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.A.H)
    Could Christina be the young version of that lady who was in the library episode?
    I've wondered, but I hope not.

Alex Kingston was awesome in the library ones, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with her character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by common_person)
    Alex Kingston was awesome in the library ones, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with her character.
    It'll probably fall by the wayside and never be spoken about again apart from fans wanting her back

ReputationRep:
    I even had a dream about this last night
    Oh god my crush for DT grows and grows...
    But it wasn't the best episode... in fact it was VERY corny at the end
    It made me sad, but then I looked at his cheekbones and I didn't really care too much.
    I couldn't warm to Michelle Ryan or whatever her name was though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by common_person)
    I've wondered, but I hope not.

What? She was rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    It'll probably fall by the wayside and never be spoken about again apart from fans wanting her back
    Hmmm...that's what I think as well. Nothing really happened, he just saw her and took her on dates from the sound of it, so it would be pretty boring to make a whole episode out of.

But I think they'll be having something with Queen Elizabeth I, after all, nothing was actually explained from the time she saw him, and nothing can actually be implied as we don't know anything about what happened.

ReputationRep:
    Haha my impression of River Song is that he spent a *lot* of time with her, afterall he told her his real name.....

For the QE1, i think they wont explain it and leave everyone wondering.

The rest of the specials will be whole new content, no loose end tying up, much as everyone would like that

ReputationRep:
    The person playing the African Woman from the Army needed acting lessons!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bastows)
    The person playing the African Woman from the Army needed acting lessons!
    She was also in Turn Left, in Rose's parallel universe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    It was lacking something... but I can't put my finger on what.

The preview after the credits was awesome though
    I loved it but i also thought something was lacking. I knew he was going to die but the way the lady warned him was great.

Missed it earlier!
    Just watched it on the Tardis of TV that is i-player

Hehe, what on earth is going to knock 4 times? :O (no pun intended)
    'Water always wins' preview thing looks intriguing too.

I know I missed the boat a bit with this but hey

ReputationRep:
    I think the whole of that woman's rant was about Gallifrey, the Time Lords, and the Master in the finale.

Your song will end soon - Tennant's regeneration.
    It is coming from the dark - Gallifrey/Time Lords return from the dead.
    He will knock 4 times - The Master's Sound of Drums.

ReputationRep:
    The rest of the specials will be whole new content, no loose end tying up, much as everyone would like that
    I don't want loose ends tied up. I think loose ends would make the transition easier. I think there needs to be some strong links between Tennant's Doctor and Smith's, because people have become so attched to Tennant that if you had his doctor all contained then people will have difficulty adjusting to the new guy as being the same Doctor. When Eccleston left it was better because you had Rose there to help with the continuity. I think viewers need something familiar to hold on to, which is why I hope Catherine Tate sticks around at/after the regen, just for a bit. I'd rather that they wouldn't keep bringing people back once they've said they can't, but if she's going to be there then I think it should be so that there isn't a massive cutoff between this series and the next.

ReputationRep:
    Now, I'm not one to be pretentious, but shouldn't it technically be Doctor Whom?

ReputationRep:
    I can't decide. I didn't like the ending when she flew the bus away, but her character in general annoyed me so maybe I was biased. The rest was pretty good, but a little bit dull. The next one looks better, since there seems to be some actual danger. Loved Malcolm though!

I'm sort of losing my love for Doctor Who now I know Tennant's going. Not because I think he's the One True Doctor or anything, but more that now I know he's leaving, I'm impatient for the new Doctor. I think it was a mistake telling us he was leaving so far in advance. Now I still like Tennant, but equally, I'm like "Get a move on! I want the regeneration!"

ReputationRep:
    They can't do that! I think she has to come back, since he told her his name. After all, he was with Rose for two series. apparently loved her, and didn't tell her what his name was. So she must have been something special. I wouldn't have thought it was coincidence that Moffat wrote that two parter, and is now taking over the show as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanna May)
    I can't decide. I didn't like the ending when she flew the bus away, but her character in general annoyed me so maybe I was biased. The rest was pretty good, but a little bit dull. The next one looks better, since there seems to be some actual danger. Loved Malcolm though!

I'm sort of losing my love for Doctor Who now I know Tennant's going. Not because I think he's the One True Doctor or anything, but more that now I know he's leaving, I'm impatient for the new Doctor. I think it was a mistake telling us he was leaving so far in advance. Now I still like Tennant, but equally, I'm like "Get a move on! I want the regeneration!"
    They should just shouldn't of told us who the regeneration was going to be, it would of got leaked im sure but still, it would of been better that way. Actully, they shouldnt of told us DT was going, they should of left it as a massive surprise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the sand man)
    and the poster on the side of the bus says "unbeatable global call tariffs (some sort of logo??????)"
    Ooh.... I tried to see what the logo was. Still clueless. My wild guess is some spinoff of the Archangel network, or whatever it was.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.