My 15 year old sister drinking. Watch

hollo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I agree with those that say you should stay cool, not tell your parents but keep having words with her. I have a sister the same age and I know that they do stuff like that. Around 15/16 is when most teenagers start experimenting with drink and sooner or later she will probably have a bad experience that will show her she is being a bit stupid to be at it every weekend. (I don't mean life threateningly bad btw, just like vomiting all over someone's house kinda thing) Tell her that if you find out she is doing anything REALLY bad or dangerous then you will have to tell your parents and stick to it! If you have respect she will appreciate it and maybe imply that it could be a good idea to cut down on the drinking because every weekend is a bit much when she has plently other things she could be doing!
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your sister sounds pretty cool

OP sounds like a total loser who srsly needs to get a life
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by snipex)
Does she lie to you, directly, in full knowledge that you know she is lying? If so, then tell her to grow up. If she tells you the same as she's always done, and she doesn't know you know, then how is she doing anything additionally wrong?

As for your "problem", it's not exactly uncommon for 15 year olds to drink. I'd say leave her alone.
Yes I've directly shown her the facebook page, and the pictures and the comments and the notes but she's still lying.
WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Keep an eye on her, but don't tell your parent's. Most 15 year olds drink, so as long as she stays safe, I wouldn't worry too much.
Perhaps have a word with her just saying you know she's drinking, and your just worried about her safety. Just be there for her incase she wants / need you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
You know what, some people on here are ******* morons. It's not merely the fact she's drunk alcohol, but she does it regularly with idiotic friends who think taking drugs is something ******* cool. So I've no doubt she also does that. It's also the fact she lies to my parents and to me when I have PROOF in front of eyes. So don't bother giving me a lecture or telling me what a sad pathetic person I am, because I happen to care about my sister. Mods, close the thread now please.
Anonymous #3
Report 9 years ago
Hey OP

My sibling is the same. Same age, same attitude. It scares me a lot, especially now it has progressed onto 'worse things'. However, talking to mine and telling them I disapprove only makes them conceal it from me more. I end up finding things through other people. Which isn't nice I tell you. I wouldn't tell your mum as that will just push her away further. I work on the principle that it's better that I know than no one knows

Therefore, my advice: DON'T tell your mum. Talk to your sister but don't be too 'parental' or she'll just push you away.

Oh and everyone else, leave the OP alone. Sure lots of 15 years old drink but it's natural to want to look after your younger siblings.
snipex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes I've directly shown her the facebook page, and the pictures and the comments and the notes but she's still lying.
I see. Well, take your moral high ground, and feel good about yourself "knowing" you're better than her. Drinking isn't a particularly bad thing, she isn't abnormal. And if you're really a spiteful person, use it in your next big argument with her for an insta-win.
*Sparkle*
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fire Wizard)
I'm sorry but this isn't abut grassing your sister up but more to do with caring about her, which there is nothing wrong with.

If you care about your sister as so you seem to do anonymous then just keep an eye on her as I'm sure you will. Whilst it is perfectly normal for people of that age to start drinking, when ever there is alcohol involved, you always have to be slightly on the cautious side. If you personally think things are getting slightly out of hand then I would be very much inclined to start talking to your mum about it but until then, I honestly see no reason to get your mum involved.
No, if she was speaking to her sister, finding out why she was drinking then yeh...that's cool.
Telling your parents behind her back...that's grassing.
paulapie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't be a tout! She'll hate you for it. If she's blatently lying to your face, then she doesn't care that much. Let her make her own mistakes.
I could probably guaruntee your sister is nowhere near as bad as I was at that age, and I haven't turned into a crazy hooligan or anything like that so just leave her be.
Mike_R
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
for gods sake leave it alone and dont be nosy
dumbdumb
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
every 15v year old drinks get over it
rosielovesmitchell
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by carlicules)
no. dont be a nob. what the hell is wrong with you?
I TOTALLY AGREE:yep:

why would you dob on your little sister?
how old were you when you started drinking; 17?

i first got a taste of the stuff when i was about 10, i don't know about everyone else but most of my mates and people i know started at a young age.

just sit her aside and tell her you hope she knows what she's doing and that if anything ever happens to tell you first.
LouLou815
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Chances are, if you tell your parents, your sister will only hide it better. Not only from them but from you too.
It's better to talk to her about it, tell her to be careful and say you're there for her if she needs to talk/is in trouble etc. My sister was the same at that age and I knew, but I never said anything to my mum. That way I gained my sisters confidence enough so that she would at least tell ME the truth of where she was and what she was doing. That way, if anything went horribly wrong, at least I would have know roughly what had happened.
If I would have told my mum, my sister would have ended up telling either of us nothing which could have been FAR more dangerous for her.

It's also helped in the long run, if my mum has concerns and my sister won't listen to her about them, but if I speak to her instead/as well, she's more likely to take note of what I say.
JOSH-L
Report 9 years ago
If you tell your mom, it wont stop her - it'll just make her think of new ways to hide the fact shes gettin drunk... Probably including blocking you on facebook - then you'll have no clue as to what shes doing.

Go the other way and have a laugh with her about how you were exactly the same not too long ago, she'll start to trust you and probably take advice from you!
rosielovesmitchell
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You know what, some people on here are ******* morons. It's not merely the fact she's drunk alcohol, but she does it regularly with idiotic friends who think taking drugs is something ******* cool. So I've no doubt she also does that. It's also the fact she lies to my parents and to me when I have PROOF in front of eyes. So don't bother giving me a lecture or telling me what a sad pathetic person I am, because I happen to care about my sister. Mods, close the thread now please.

closure fail, nice one mods.
JOSH-L
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LouLou815)
Chances are, if you tell your parents, your sister will only hide it better. Not only from them but from you too.
It's better to talk to her about it, tell her to be careful and say you're there for her if she needs to talk/is in trouble etc. My sister was the same at that age and I knew, but I never said anything to my mum. That way I gained my sisters confidence enough so that she would at least tell ME the truth of where she was and what she was doing. That way, if anything went horribly wrong, at least I would have know roughly what had happened.
If I would have told my mum, my sister would have ended up telling either of us nothing which could have been FAR more dangerous for her.

It's also helped in the long run, if my mum has concerns and my sister won't listen to her about them, but if I speak to her instead/as well, she's more likely to take note of what I say.
LOL - We both just said almost exactly the same thing within the same minute! haha
LouLou815
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JOSH-L)
LOL - We both just said almost exactly the same thing within the same minute! haha
Lol! Great minds and all that jazz! :cool:
drummerturner
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by explosions hurt)
THIS is why you should never add family members on facebook.
Hahaha So True! :yep:

I think you should leave it unless it starts getting dangerous, and then do something.
Apparently rebellious teens are less likely to go off the rails when they're older. :yep:
HEJ92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Talk to her yourself, tell her you won't tell on her, but she should let your parents know
My parents know I drink and they monitor it so I don't get "off my face".
wildcat123
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Seanisonfire)
And you look the wrong way round.

That, I am
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise