I don't believe in sex before marriage Watch

benmh92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by roots)
I dont want anything to do with anyone committing the worst possible sin. So if i tell you to ask forgiveness, it is also my duty to tell you to worship God alone, it is for my benefit and the rest is your choice, im not giving advice.
You're messed up mate, end of, you're being brainwashed and it's truly sad to see. To think having Sex is worse than murder shows what a naive idiot you are. Stop trying to give crap advice to others when you can't take advice yourself. It's up to people if they want sex before marriage not your make believe God.
munn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by EskimoJo)
They don't lack the ability, they lack the intelligence or human emotions to care. I think that's the point. We're supposed to be more intelligent and more developed than animals so we shouldn't compare everything we do to them.
no, they don't lack the intelligence. That why we can train pets not to take a dump in your living room and wait until they go outside, just like you have to train children to use a potty when they're young.
If there were dog toilets available and they knew how to use it then they'd use it, it's that simple.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sisterelena)
This might sound like an old fashioned stance, but I don't believe in sex before marriage. For religious reasons I am not allowed to engage in sexual behaviour and I wonder what others think about this.
Yes it can be hard but I think it's worth it and I feel better for it.
"Because I'm worth it!"
Just think what society might be like if everyone followed this rule. Would it be better - fewer sexual diseases, less promiscuity, less broken relationships, fewer unwanted children, fewer broken hearts, less getting involved with the wrong sorts of people before you know them.
I believe that sex causes a strong link on many levels - physical, emotional and spiritual between you and another person before you really know whether or not you are compatible.
Inappropriate sex can cause us to be spiritually debased, for example via one night stands and other unsavoury activities.
I believe that God created sex for marriage and marriage for sex.
What do others think? and what are others' attitudes. Do you believe in just following your feelings or are there any constraints on your behaviour?
How do you know such things if you've never had sex?
PepsiMax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think its fine.

Don't the majority of marriages end in divorce anyway?
MariaQuinn
Report 9 years ago
I agree but I think that because divorce is easy then I'd like to know more of what I was getting myself into before getting married - be more sure.
OhNO!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Emma27)
I would say I most agree with this.

OP, I respect your point of view and beliefs. I agree with them in many ways. But because I was brought up in a religious lifestyle but then I made a decision to leave church, I have mostly been influenced by the world around me; resulting in me seeing sex before marriage as fine, but generally disagreeing with promiscuity (which I reckon many other people do, if that makes sense). In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with sex before marriage as long as those having the relations feel they are doing it for the right reasons. I also think sex/sexual relations before marriage help you to mature more quickly as an individual and help make you more knowledgeable and wiser when it comes to understanding relationships.

What does everyone else think?
What are the 'right reasons'? Why isn't 'pleasure' a right reason, in and of itself?

I'm not married and not a virgin and have no regrets, so obviously I don't have a problem with sex before marriage. The idea of abstinence sits awkwardly with me, I don't know how you can commit to a person for life without knowing whether you're compatible with them sexually.

I don't have a problem with one-night stands or purely sexual relationships either. It doesn't have to be black and white, it's not a case that you can only have sex when it's really meaningful for it to ever be meaningful. You can have sex just for fun, and that doesn't lessen the 'significance' of sex when you do it with someone you're in love with.
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it's rather odd, i must add, that non Christians, non religious people in general who think it's wrong to have sex before marriage. Marriage is a religious ceremony. I respect some people might want to wait a couple of years into a relationship, but waiting until after marriage as an Atheist/Agnostic person seems ridiculous and naive.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by roots)
I dont want anything to do with anyone committing the worst possible sin. So if i tell you to ask forgiveness, it is also my duty to tell you to worship God alone, it is for my benefit and the rest is your choice, im not giving advice.

Right. :top:
roots
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Emma27)
I would say I most agree with this.

OP, I respect your point of view and beliefs. I agree with them in many ways. But because I was brought up in a religious lifestyle but then I made a decision to leave church, I have mostly been influenced by the world around me; resulting in me seeing sex before marriage as fine, but generally disagreeing with promiscuity (which I reckon many other people do, if that makes sense). In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with sex before marriage as long as those having the relations feel they are doing it for the right reasons. I also think sex/sexual relations before marriage help you to mature more quickly as an individual and help make you more knowledgeable and wiser when it comes to understanding relationships.

What does everyone else think?
Seeing things happenning around us all he time doesnt make them right. Youre right our environment influences us.

What do you class as promiscuity because if i took an avergae good looking 19 year old girl and placed her in 1901 she would be regarded as promiscuous.

Reason being? Lust? Desire?

I actually think you are more mature with greater self control, if you can see beyond sex.

Do you really class the majority of people who change partners every few months as mature.

Im definitely more mature than most of my schoolmates who are out having sex with as many people as possible.

The people who have longer lasting relationships, strong relationships, what you would call a relationship did not have dozens and dozens of partners. They lack in respect for the idea of relationships, they are more likely to cheat as one girl is never enough. All i willlearn from them is what they will tell me 20 years later, sories of regret and how stupid they were. My grandpa, an ordinary bloke could give me better relationship advice.
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by munn)
no, they don't lack the intelligence. That why we can train pets not to take a dump in your living room and wait until they go outside, just like you have to train children to use a potty when they're young.
If there were dog toilets available and they knew how to use it then they'd use it, it's that simple.
That's true. I didn't think of that! :yy:

(Original post by benmh92)
I think it's rather odd, i must add, that non Christians, non religious people in general who think it's wrong to have sex before marriage. Marriage is a religious ceremony. I respect some people might want to wait a couple of years into a relationship, but waiting until after marriage as an Atheist/Agnostic person seems ridiculous and naive.
Well I don't think it's wrong in itself, I just don't think it's right for me. :dontknow:
Sheepmaster317
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just only have sex after a few weeks/a month/a few moths into a relationship. No sex until you're married is a bit too restrictive.
lukaefc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I kind of see where you're coming from but I don't think you can just deny that it exists.
Meenapixi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't want to have sex before marriage either, but not because of religious reasons or anything, purley out of personal choice. Because for me it would be the right thing to do because I'm a really emotionally involved person and personally I see sex as the joining of two spirits in the act of love and maybe its kinda corny for some people, but I like the idea of giving myself completly to just one man who is going to love and cherish me for the rest of my life. I think it would be the ultimate wedding present in a way lol and it would show him that despite all the different men that have come and gone in my life he is the one I saved myself for. Also after seeing a few of my friends who have already had sex, most of them have told me that once they've done it they can't seem to stop and one of my friends had her first time with a guy who didnt give a rat's ass about her and it lead to her going through anorexia and depression. In some ways I think saving oneself for marriage is somthing maybe more important to women than men because we are much more emotional in relationships and a higher percentage of women to men have been proven to actually respond to sex in a highly emotional way. I mean thats just my view point, sex is at the end of the day a personal matter and individuals should deal with it how they feel is best for them. I don't think religion should dictate your choice to save yourself or not, one should intinsically believe in a lifestyle choice regardless of religious influences or peer pressure etc etc.
roots
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by benmh92)
You're messed up mate, end of, you're being brainwashed and it's truly sad to see. To think having Sex is worse than murder shows what a naive idiot you are. Stop trying to give crap advice to others when you can't take advice yourself. It's up to people if they want sex before marriage not your make believe God.
You didnt read Ben.

"I dont want anything to do with anyone committing the worst possible sin. So if i tell you to ask forgiveness, it is also my duty to tell you to worship God alone, it is for my benefit and the rest is your choice, im not giving advice. "

Someoen else asked if i meant sex outside of marriage i replied:

Im talking about associating partners with God in worship. Idolatry.

I wasnt talking about sex, i was referring to something entirely different to someone else Read back.

So stop with the abuse.
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by EskimoJo)
That's true. I didn't think of that! :yy:

Well I don't think it's wrong in itself, I just don't think it's right for me. :dontknow:
And why do you think it's wrong? Because of the bad vibes that religious folk say about it? Seriously i think it shows weak character and naivety for atheists/agnostic people to say no to sex before marriage.
It'sLauren.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm saving myself, probably not until marriage.

My reasons for this aren't religious, but because I know a few people who are very close to me that didn't have the choice regarding who they lost their virginity through abuse and the like.

Due to this I think I have the choice, and I am lucky for that, and should hopefully make the right one in the end.

x
roots
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Meenapixi)
I don't want to have sex before marriage either, but not because of religious reasons or anything, purley out of personal choice. Because for me it would be the right thing to do because I'm a really emotionally involved person and personally I see sex as the joining of two spirits in the act of love and maybe its kinda corny for some people, but I like the idea of giving myself completly to just one man who is going to love and cherish me for the rest of my life. I think it would be the ultimate wedding present in a way lol and it would show him that despite all the different men that have come and gone in my life he is the one I saved myself for. Also after seeing a few of my friends who have already had sex, most of them have told me that once they've done it they can't seem to stop and one of my friends had her first time with a guy who didnt give a rat's ass about her and it lead to her going through anorexia and depression. In some ways I think saving oneself for marriage is somthing maybe more important to women than men because we are much more emotional in relationships and a higher percentage of women to men have been proven to actually respond to sex in a highly emotional way. I mean thats just my view point, sex is at the end of the day a personal matter and individuals should deal with it how they feel is best for them. I don't think religion should dictate your choice to save yourself or not, one should intinsically believe in a lifestyle choice regardless of religious influences or peer pressure etc etc.
Respect. :yep:
xTazx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KayleeLand)
Good for you!

I'm an atheist so there's no way I'm saving myself in the name of God, but I respect myself and my body.
somehow I read that as "I respect myself and my booty", and did a double take.

i really need to go to sleep :rolleyes:
girlbiker
Report 9 years ago
go girl!
show some respect for your body people
the world (or at least the west) would be much happer if we stuck to this concept
but we shouldnt judge others too
Sprockette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't believe in marriage so obviously don't believe in the "sex before marriage rule". Anyway I wouldn't believe in denying yourself of soemthing that you don't know why is wrong except that your religion tells you it's a sin. I think you can be a good person without following strict rules of a religion. Why is it any different inside marriage? Actually what do people think god thinks marriage is?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.37%
No - but I will (17)
5.4%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.89%

Watched Threads