Does anyone else here have any really strange phobias? Watch

Booshaka
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I'm scared of darkness. Especially when you're going up to bed at night and the lights are off.. It's like someones following you.
A Stranger in Moscow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sabina croarkin)
thats unusual, the clouds one. are you scared of them cuz theyre just what they are or what u theink theyl do to you. im scared of falling cuz i dont like that feeling when your going down but your body feels like its going up, this is why i never go on rollercoasters. but i dont mind falling off horses at speed lol which is odd. also how can u want doors closed, lol i want them open so i can run out them if needa be. lol. i alsom hate white vans cuz in the past couple of days theres been four different ones that have turned off when we have and followed along loads of roads not just like along a straight one. its cuz i pissed off some stranger that texted me and asked me 4 sex and i said no and he drives vans, so yeah im scared of being followed.
This one. It's not really strange though.
popple7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
things with weird textures... like skin that shouldnt be lumpy and weird but it is. or just anything with a particular texture that freaks me out.

i dont quite understand it myself lol.
Booshaka
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wtfhaffyduck)
Do you know what pain you are actualyl putting me through here. Like mentally..

It rhymes with Bench. And begins with H..

ARGHH i swear my heart is gonna beat right out of my chest any minute.

.... Does anyone else know of anyone afraid of one word in particular ??

HENCH? Huh
Phil2008
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nadiah)
It's not a phobia but I HATE the feeling of those polystyrene balls/whatever its called that they use to pack stuff in. When it squeeks together I freak out so bad too XD Other than that its just the regular fears, e.g. Spiders D:
:ditto: Hate the feeling of them too.
wtfhaffyduck
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Booshaka)
HENCH? Huh

... yes....

wow... this is harder than i thought... i thought it would be easier seeing it just as a word...
Booshaka
Report 9 years ago
Wow. We do like to whinge.
fashionista91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i hateeeee lifts, not unsual but scary lol
sk1
Report 9 years ago
Girls fully clothed in hot pink with hot pink accessories
oh and china dolls i think that is a common phobia :/ my mum used to collect them and we had loads all in one room and i thought they moved and stuff, really freaked me out
Syncope
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by OhNO!)
Ketchup. Even the sight of a bottle makes me feel nauseous.
Oh. My. God. I'm not alone! Tomato ketchup scares the living daylights out of me - the thought of it touching my skin makes me absolutely panic and break out in a cold sweat. If I'm sitting at dinner table and other people have ketchup on their plate, I'll spent the entire meal anxiously watching the ketchup, trying to stay as far away as possible, just in case it gets too near.

Also have trypophobia - fear of holes. Not a massive hole in the ground or anything like that, but tiny holes in irregular clusters. Makes me feel sick and want to tear my skin off. Related to this, I get a similar reaction to sprouting potatoes - I think it reminds me of the holes again. If there's a bag of potatoes in the cupboard that are a bit old and have started sprouting, I will not open the cupboard - I have to wait for someone else to come round and throw them out for me. *Shiver*

Yeah, everyone thinks I'm strange.
OhNO!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BlytheK)
Oh. My. God. I'm not alone! Tomato ketchup scares the living daylights out of me - the thought of it touching my skin makes me absolutely panic and break out in a cold sweat. If I'm sitting at dinner table and other people have ketchup on their plate, I'll spent the entire meal anxiously watching the ketchup, trying to stay as far away as possible, just in case it gets too near.
My ex-boyfriend used to mix ketchup together with his rice whenever we'd eat together - the two textures made me actually gag. Then he'd chase me around with the muggy top of the ketchup bottle, omg, even the thought of it is making me feel ill.

The thing is, I have no problem with tomatoes or normal tomato sauce. It's just ketchup. bleugh. even when people leave it out on the side, it makes me feel anxious. Once, someone spilled a pile of tommy k on the worktop. It was just sitting there. The fact that I still think about this single incident shows the extent of my problem!

I'm glad someone else shares my pain.
SunderX
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Death as well. Used to be really afraid of human skulls, but got over that.
Syncope
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by OhNO!)
My ex-boyfriend used to mix ketchup together with his rice whenever we'd eat together - the two textures made me actually gag. Then he'd chase me around with the muggy top of the ketchup bottle, omg, even the thought of it is making me feel ill.

The thing is, I have no problem with tomatoes or normal tomato sauce. It's just ketchup. bleugh. even when people leave it out on the side, it makes me feel anxious. Once, someone spilled a pile of tommy k on the worktop. It was just sitting there. The fact that I still think about this single incident shows the extent of my problem!

I'm glad someone else shares my pain.
Yep, my other half finds it funny too - you know how sometimes when you go to a restaurant they'll give you sauces in little pots? He threatens to flick the spoonful of ketchup at me, thinks it's hysterical... made me terrified!

Yeah, tomatoes are fine, tomato salsa and the like are fine - even things of the same consistency, like HP sauce or BBQ sauce are fine - just the ketchup.

Once when I was out, a guy brushed past me and got ketchup ON MY ARM. Dear God, I still haven't got over that.
emmers1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Dolls, wasps/bees, jellyfish and pre-packaged fruit
jumpingpenquin
Report 9 years ago
i'm afraid of seaweed, luckily i only tend to come across it on holiday
Throne
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Spiders - and yes, it is strange. They're harmless but they terrify me.
coni
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Packing peanuts
cardine92
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I remember my music teacher telling me that her husband is scared of ice lolly sticks
smellslikemarmite
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Moths, being in a house alone, daddy long legs, heights unless I'm secured to something, zombies.
That's it. Nothing particularly weird.
Mercedes.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My only real phobia is thunder and lightning, but I don't think that's a strange one.

I absolutely hate worms though and freak if i see one, they repulse me and just typing the word makes me feel sick. Ew.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.26%
No - but I will (21)
5.54%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (185)
48.81%

Watched Threads