be a man :p:
Hippysnake
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by junglegirl)
Hey LADY, WHERE IS YOUR POONANI? MY SON IS AT HOME SICK HE NEEDS POONANI RIGHT NOW. GIVE ME TWO. IS IT RIPE LET ME SQUEEZE IT. No, no seeds.
xps.systems
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by junglegirl)
do the right thing.
leshark
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 4G_dollars)
It is true. When I started I hung around with Asian, I could not relate to them at all; I just nod my head in agreement.
If white people did that, they would be serious trouble. I am shocked half the stuff these asian come out with; if a white person said it would be racist. I dont bother with them now.
They call me white boy, and they take the mick. I think it is pathetic.
when i hung around with white people, i could not relate either... alot of the jokes they wer saying, i jus didnt find funny at all... its hard but u have to make the effort, otherwise it just breeds ignorance and racism

i think that because it is hard at first to relate alot of people dont bother and stick to their own kind...
junglegirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hippysnake)
Hey LADY, WHERE IS YOUR POONANI? MY SON IS AT HOME SICK HE NEEDS POONANI RIGHT NOW. GIVE ME TWO. IS IT RIPE LET ME SQUEEZE IT. No, no seeds.
:rofl: i have one word for you.

!XOBILE
azn-wonder91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i think the chinese etc stick together because they share similar likes e.g. food which some white people wud find disgusting e.g. my sister is at a college in cambridge staying in uni halls and her chinese room mate hangs raw fish in the kitchen and it weeeeli smells! tht obv doesnt go for all chinese peeps.
i think the muslims stick together because let's face it most if not all non-muslims tend to drink a lotttt when they go out so muslims just wanna stick with people who have similar interests. i am pakistani but alllll my friends are white and now tht theyve started goin out clubbin i do find it hard to relate with some of them sometimes and have started makin more asians friends-that said i will NEVER leave my lovely best friends who r white.
hindus stick together because theyre allowed to drink etc but need to hide it from parents so they stick with fellow hindus who r in the same boat. also they tend to share interest in music e.g. bhangra and go to bhangra nights together
and then you get the misc people who stick together cuz they do

obv there r exceptions and tbh we shud all stick together and get to know each other and not be so prejudiced. easier said then done lol.
junglegirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xps.systems)
do the right thing.
aah, didn't think many people knew who Russell was :rolleyes:
xps.systems
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is there a 1st year 'Asian Society' at your universiversity?

(which the 2nd year splits violently into the Sikh Society, the Hindu Society and the Muslim Society)

(and which in the 3rd year becomes the 'who gives a toss, let's take a bath, I really luv you' society).
Nabster_88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hippysnake)
I'm asian, and when I go to Uni, I'm finding me some Chinese people and getting them to say "£34.50"
+Rep for the Russell Peters qoute.
Nabster_88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

(which the 2nd year splits violently into the Sikh Society, the Hindu Society and the Muslim Society)

(and which in the 3rd year becomes the 'who gives a toss, let's take a bath, I really luv you' society).
+Rep tomorrow for Goodness Gracious Me quote.
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
do the right thing.
You forgot to add squishysquish at the end of your post.
Nabster_88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Yep, we have all the traditional courses - Accounting, Business Studies, Medicine, Accounting.
leshark
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by missyq)
Lol'd!! I'm actually guilty myself. COs i heard this too many times aswell! And that's what has steered me away from mixing with many asians (esp. guys!) I find that whole 'how can i bring a gorah home', so narrow-minded! However, i do have some really good asian mates. But they're normal ie like to mix with everyone too and no racism, of any form!
yh i hate it, im asian (native maldivian) and my sister is getting married to a white person... what bothers me is that the asian community around my family get all "OMG" when they see my sister and her fiance, and some people who we dont even know, or havent talked to us in ages,and even people we know come up to my parents and say "you do know your daughter is seeing a white boy", my dad just shuts them down like "so what, firstly thats none of your buissness my daughter can date whoever she wants, and secondly i dont even know you, so **** off" lol

i think both sides, (but mostly the asian side) should make more of an effort to talk with each other... its really silly and pathetic tbh
stressedstudent19
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 4G_dollars)
They do. And they don't make an effort to intergrate. I was brought up in a white and predominantly have white friend,and I am asian and at uni I mostly go with white folks and yet I do ridiculed by asians for it.
this is so true, i grew up with all white friends and was the only asian other than mys sister in our catholic primary school and i was the only asian in the whole year at secondary but when i would walk past a gang of asians with my friends they would say that i was a wannabe white boy or that i was traitor, when they are the ones that are unfriendly and dont intergrate. hpwever there are eceptions to all rules !!!
leshark
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by azn-wonder91)
i think the chinese etc stick together because they share similar likes e.g. food which some white people wud find disgusting e.g. my sister is at a college in cambridge staying in uni halls and her chinese room mate hangs raw fish in the kitchen and it weeeeli smells! tht obv doesnt go for all chinese peeps.
i think the muslims stick together because let's face it most if not all non-muslims tend to drink a lotttt when they go out so muslims just wanna stick with people who have similar interests. i am pakistani but alllll my friends are white and now tht theyve started goin out clubbin i do find it hard to relate with some of them sometimes and have started makin more asians friends-that said i will NEVER leave my lovely best friends who r white.
hindus stick together because theyre allowed to drink etc but need to hide it from parents so they stick with fellow hindus who r in the same boat. also they tend to share interest in music e.g. bhangra and go to bhangra nights together
and then you get the misc people who stick together cuz they do

obv there r exceptions and tbh we shud all stick together and get to know each other and not be so prejudiced. easier said then done lol.
lol soo true, especially about the drinking part :P
missyq
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by leshark)
yh i hate it, im asian (native maldivian) and my sister is getting married to a white person... what bothers me is that the asian community around my family get all "OMG" when they see my sister and her fiance, and some people who we dont even know, or havent talked to us in ages,and even people we know come up to my parents and say "you do know your daughter is seeing a white boy", my dad just shuts them down like "so what, firstly thats none of your buissness my daughter can date whoever she wants, and secondly i dont even know you, so fuk off" lol

i think both sides, (but mostly the asian side) should make more of an effort to talk with each other... its really silly and pathetic tbh
Yup, my two sisters are married aswell and their husbands are white. DOesn't make a difference whatsover. But if you tell another asian (those that are back-dated) seem to have a very resentful silent expression on their face. Feel like saying ******* hell! Get over it lol!

Also, does anyone find it annoying when some asian guys are like, "play around wiv da gorah galz but in da end settle wiv asian galz innit". That pisses me off so bad!
xps.systems
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nabster_88)
Yep, we have all the traditional courses - Accounting, Business Studies, Medicine, Accounting.
...the special 3 year medicine course for those daughters whose parents DON'T ACTUALLY WANT THEM TO PRACTICE. (who the hell does this?)

...the 7 year business degree for those people killing time before joining the fyamily bizness...

...and the 13 year management degree for the really thick student who still wants to say 'I went to college'!

The AAAASian universiversity (formerly the Slough College of Technology?)

squish.
sk1
Report 9 years ago
I think it depends on the person whether they choose to intergrate or not. It's a natural thing to do to group with someone of the same ethnic group, in our school its like that but each group intergrates with another and we all get along together. Just cause we group together in our ethnic groups our year was accused of racial segregation by the year below us, that just made us all laugh. Sure there might be groups but that doesnt limit us from interacting with another person from another group. I'm asian but i dont 'stick' to the asian group i like having friends from all different background. Variety is good
I don't care whether people intergrate or not until they start complaining they're being left out by other groups or they find it hard to learn the language etc if theyre the ones who don't make the effort in the first place :/
Nabster_88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
...the special 3 year medicine course for those daughters whose parents DON'T ACTUALLY WANT THEM TO PRACTICE. (who the hell does this?)

...the 7 year business degree for those people killing time before joining the fyamily bizness...

...and the 13 year management degree for the really thick student who still wants to say 'I went to college'!

The AAAASian universiversity (formerly the Slough College of Technology?)

squish.
Chak de ??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (207)
40.12%
No - but I will (32)
6.2%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
46.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise