Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: How would you reply to... watch

ReputationRep:
    If I say this its either because I have a boyfriend = not interested

or because I don't find them attractive and desperately (desperate enough to lie) want to rid myself of them without hurting their feelings because they are waaayy too keen = not interested

Not that that problem arises very often

EDIT: To be useful to the OP, speaking as a girl I appreciate it/ think better of the guy if he then backs off. Can still be friendly, but not too flirty.
    There are males who will persist in inappropriate comments even after you tell them this. These guys first get dissected/laughed at by me and my boyfriend, I then think they're an ******** and don't talk to them. So I'd advise not to try and pull the girl anyway.

ReputationRep:
    personally i use that if i'm really not interested in a guy, to get rid of them without being mean lol :X

ReputationRep:
    Dont take her word for it you fools it's a trick! Tell her you dont believe her and that you can see she likes you by the way she's been looking at you for the past few minutes. If she's even remotely interested or had noticed you before you spke then she'll be worried and panic on the inside which should be fairly transparent. If she gets nervous say you were just kidding before but by the way she reacted to that it was probably true. Be cocky but keep it light hearted and be funny.

95% of guys wont know how to react but just dont leave straight away. you could just ignore it completely and keep talking to her. Whatever you do DONT BUY HER A DRINK! if you do that she has what she wants from you and will likely reject you later. Stop talking after 1 or 2 mins and ask for her email, then phone number so you can meet up again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conor Tickner)
    Dont take her word for it you fools it's a trick!
    I agree with you absolutely, but I'll bet you'll have a bunch of girls here in a minute or two, insisting on that it's not a trick of any sorts and moaning about "pushy, importunate and obtrusive guys who don't know when to leave" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I was going to suggest rohypnol but if you think that will work better..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    I was going to suggest rohypnol but if you think that will work better..
    Hasn't let me down yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Hasn't let me down yet.
    Thanks for the advice :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    That's one of the worst things to be said and makes one look foolish, embarrassing and pathetic. But still, slapping and generally violence is totally cartoonish, so now I think that's better to look like a fool than to duplicate the mid-1950's Disney "Mickey & Minnie" cartoon stereotypes in the real life and look like a bunch of pencil-drawn lines set in motion by rapid frame movement. :rolleyes:

Laughing him off and turning your back on him, along with perm-ignore would have been sufficient enough, and - I dare to say it - would probably have hurt him more than a faceslap that he most likely had stopped feeling after 5 minutes or one more pint of lager. :yep:
    The best response would just be to look him up and down and say "I think that unlikely".

The best response I ever had to the I have a boyfriend line was "I'm not jealous". Good because it gave me the opportunity to feel justified in being honest-"No but you are disgusting"

ReputationRep:
    Of course you weren't :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, you're 16. Thanks for the input, then. I'm a bit older, though. That's probably why our outlooks differ.
    17 in a few days! XD YAY!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    17 in a few days! XD YAY!!!
    Cool, there are still literally ages between 17 and 23, though... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Cool, there are still literally ages between 17 and 23, though... :yep:
    6 years...pshhht! :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.