Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the whole getting ready before hand with the girls I rarely buy alcohol at a club, i drink before i get in the taxi. Men are always rubbing up against you or fondling your arse, like randy dogs.

ReputationRep:
    Not my sort of thing, I dont enjoy drinking or being drunk, I cant dance and I really dont want to touch up or be touched up by random strangers. (relationship freak). Some people enjoy it though so its not like its hurting anyone!

ReputationRep:
    I love clubs! And as for the men rubbing up against you thing - it really depends where you go, in my opinion. I can say outright now that if you don't like pervy guys, never go to the Zoo bar student night.

ReputationRep:
    Although if ever I did go, I would do the "big fish, little fish, cardboard box" dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdasg6oQV0g

ReputationRep:
    Nah I'm really not a fan of clubbing at all. I'm a crap dancer, I don't like crowded places and I generally don't love the kind of music that gets played. That said, my friends all love clubbing so I will go once in a while and have an alright time, but given the choice I'd prefer to go elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God of War)
    nope i would rather read a book at night whilst smoking from my pipe with classical music playing in the background.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playa_h8r)
    Ok i am 18 years old and the truth is...I HATE clubbing. Its just not my thing, I see my friends going out all the time getting pissed and love to touch up girls or my girl friends like getting touched and making out with random disgusting strangers. I am just not into that kinda thing. I do not mind going to parties because i know the people there and i am not likely to get lost but i am not into the whole strangers being drunk fondling scene. I would rather be at home with my girlfriend or mates whatever.

So is that weird for my age? Any one else like that?
    I agree sometimes. It just depends. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's not. It can be ***** sometimes. The night is usually better the more alcohol that is consumed, or if you have very good company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forsaken_earth)
    It's fun when you a) know pretty much everyone there b) enjoy meeting new people c) the dj is good d) the drinks/entrance are free/cheap.... and potentially e) you go home with the hottest person there
    (e) - I always leave with myself, so have that one covered :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it doesn't appeal to me either. I do drink and I like being with my friends, but not in that setting.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Seal pups mainly.

ReputationRep:
    I like rubbing up against men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    (e) - I always leave with myself, so have that one covered :cool:
    As long as you're happy

ReputationRep:
    Go to a club that specializes in your type of music / The night has DJs whom spin music you like and you will have an awesome time. When you go to top40 clubs is when most people decide clubs are **** because you get the generic ******y mtv kids who turn up. You can tell if a night will be good by asking yourself why the majority of people go there
    - Do they go for the music?
    - Do they go to hook up?
    If it yes for the former and no for the latter then it will be a great night. If it is the opposite then prepare for a night of preppy pricks thinking they're gods gift.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    It's just not something I 'get'. If I want to hear my favourite music blasted at me in the presence of hundreds of other people, I'd go see the bands live and rock that joint. Not spend a night dancing using my repertoire of about 10 moves in a hot enclosed space that smells faintly of dog.
    I don't judge the people who do like it, it's just a difference in tastes. I'd rather talk to people than 'dance' 'with' them.

ReputationRep:
    I like going clubbing when there are a lot of people that I know out, but when its just me and a couple of mates, it is quite boring.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.