Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_mariposa)
    I haven't got an acknowledgement from Nottingham (probably my top choice, too, although it's sharing that place with Sheffield... I don't expect to get offers from both Unis anyways ) as well. in fact I haven't got an acknowledgement from anywhere except York. However I received my offer without an ac knowledgement and only substituted Durham yesterday. But I wouldnt worry about it, if the others got you application, Nottingham did, too. And maybe some universities do take longer to acknowledge EU students. At least my acknowledgement from York came through the EU admissions team, not the usual admissions.
    Mine came through the normal admissions...
    And you already have an offer! I would feel a lot less stressed if I had an offer... :p:

Btw, why don't you expect an offer from Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbowl)
    yea i know im quite surprised and im addicted to track. and thanks and good luk to you aswell.
    what will you be studying then.
    I be studying Mental health nursing Rainbow if i gain a place that is.It seems from my viewpoint that once u been to interview they just have u waiting.I do realise they have loads of applicants to see and decide upon etc but it doesnt make it any easier.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiningmer)
    Mine came through the normal admissions...
    And you already have an offer! I would feel a lot less stressed if I had an offer... :p:

Btw, why don't you expect an offer from Nottingham?

Oh, I do feel a lot less stressed now. I just said that to make you feel better, too. And I'm sure someone will get back to you soon, Glasgow is just really quick in general.

I just checked the email, and it's really the usual mail adress, they just signed it with EU-Admission Team, so I guess it's the same and my theory is wrong :roileyes:

I'm just telling myself I'll get rejection so that I won't be disappointed I was told my course was really competetive and they ask for a 1.3 (which is I was predicted... but I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to achieve that grade in the end :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_mariposa)
    I'm just telling myself I'll get rejection so that I won't be disappointed I was told my course was really competetive and they ask for a 1.3 (which is I was predicted... but I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to achieve that grade in the end :rolleyes: )
    Ahah me too. I'm always thinking that I'll most probably get rejected. And I guess if I keep thinking like this and I won't be (too) disappointed if I don't get in, but if I do get in I'll be so freaking happy :woo: (so in the end it's worth the stress :p: )

In the end if I get rejected in all my choices, I'll have to do uni in Portugal. At least the first year, and I really don't want to. So stressing... EU students should get extra points for extra stress

edit: just checked my e-mail and I the acknowledgement from Nottingham has arrived! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Ahah me too. I'm always thinking that I'll most probably get rejected. And I guess if I keep thinking like this and I won't be (too) disappointed if I don't get in, but if I do get in I'll be so freaking happy :woo: (so in the end it's worth the stress :p: )

In the end if I get rejected in all my choices, I'll have to do uni in Portugal. At least the first year, and I really don't want to. So stressing... EU students should get extra points for extra stress

edit: just checked my e-mail and I the acknowledgement from Nottingham has arrived! :woo:

Good for you After how long did they acknowledge you, though?
    Btw, I'm also terrified with the thought to go to uni in Bulgaria...

(Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    Ooh you've applied to QUB!

Mosey on over to the NI university forum and join my QUB applicants thread if you wish . There are lots of people tensely waiting for replies there too!

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham took 5 days, Warwick and York 1 and Birmingham didn't even take 24 hours... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    OMGGGGG why isn't track changing at all? Its done nothing since 24th! Do i need to do something else?

How long does it take yo go from the;
    The current status of your application is:
    Your application has been sent for consideration.
    To something else?

Look below for where I've applied but it hasnt given me any information from unis or anything and its wrecking me! A mate has got too offers since last thursday!!!

How long did it take you to get any information back from the unis?

ReputationRep:
    I know you probably have, but click on 'choices' along the top, that's where the information on choices and decisions from unis is.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off on the 12th November (evening, so universities probably didn't get it until 13th); got my first offer on the 20th and heard nothing since. Be patient there's a billion of us as anxious as you!

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine off on the 14th october and its literally only just changed today. I've had offers and a rejection for over 2 weeks and its only just finally changed. I though it might have been broken

ReputationRep:
    most uni's take a minimum of 10 days from reciving the application. work out when you sent it add 15 days and then don't think about it until then. you''l get an email anyway when your track status changes. im being good and haven't checked mine since friday lunch. want to but have to be patient

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham took 5 days, Warwick and York 1 and Birmingham didn't even take 24 hours... :yep:
    Hmm... I still haven't heard from Nottingham. Should I be worried? :confused:
    As you can see, I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing has changed on choices either tho

Been 8 days ha! will sooo be looking everyday again. Just like got annoyed that he got his in like 5 days for two offers.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you guys are impatient, mine hasnt changed yet and I sent my application off on the 7th of October. Still hasnt changed today even though I got rejected by one of my uni's :p:

ReputationRep:
    How can everyone be so calm?! Mine got sent off on the 20th November..and already I'm so impatient. I check it 5 times a day - sad, I know. But most my friends have at least 2 offers..damn :\

ReputationRep:
    I got four offers in five days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_08)
    I got four offers in five days
    I don't like you.

ReputationRep:
    Same this is wrecking me, another of my mates found out he has an offer!

win2kpro you say that but you have been told that they have recieved it! I have had nothing!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... I still haven't heard from Nottingham. Should I be worried? :confused:
    As you can see, I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown :eek3:
    No, I don't think you should... Maybe they haven't gone through the applications in your course just yet. I'm sure you'll soon hear from them :console:
    Perhaps someone here from the same course as you could tell you?

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.