Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Withcote House on GMS/know anything I should know about it/have any pictures of it? I can't find anything about it on le.ac.uk or anywhere...

E.g. How big is it? How many people does it accomodate?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Going to be studying Biological Sciences and staying in John Foster Gumley flat 8! Anyone living near me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lehill1994)
    Hi I've been put in Digby Hall for accommodation, yellow block, first floor, flat 4, room G, anyone near me? also does anybody know how many people which will share a bathroom in there? thanks
    I'm yellow block, first floor, flat 4, room C! I'm so happy I've found someone in my flat. Digby wasn't my first choice for accommodation and I have no idea what it will be like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_hodg)
    Anyone in Withcote House on GMS/know anything I should know about it/have any pictures of it? I can't find anything about it on le.ac.uk or anywhere...

E.g. How big is it? How many people does it accomodate?

Thanks
    It is right at the top of GMS (3 minute walk to the dining hall). Almost opposite the road from JoFo. Between the Sports Hall/Running Track and Bowder Court.

Holds 30 people. Two floors of 14 and then 2 rooms with en-suites on top. 1 kitchen and 4 bathrooms per floor (ground and first).

Very sociable house with 30 people, and there are 7 very similar buildings in that area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazinga94)
    I'm in orange block of Digby Hall, ground floor, flat 1 so I'm pretty close to you and I'm assuming it will be about 8-10ish but I'm not sure. Have you seen that accommodation before, I haven't seen it at all so I have no idea what to expect?
    Ohhh yeah you are pretty close! and oh my god! thats a lot of people to share a bathroom! i wanted an en-suite but i didn't get it and i went to an open day and saw some accommodation but it was so long ago i can't remember much, i don't think they should us the Digby halls, and yeah i'm the same i don't know what to expect! hopefully it will be nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylva_3195)
    Hi I'm in Digby Hall, Yellow Block, first floor, flat 3, room D so im guessing we're pretty close! glad to finally hear from someone else in yellow block
    Oh yeah we are really close! yeah i havent heard many people from yellow block, was beginning to get worried haha! i've found one person in my flat on the facebook group but that's it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances642)
    I'm yellow block, first floor, flat 4, room C! I'm so happy I've found someone in my flat. Digby wasn't my first choice for accommodation and I have no idea what it will be like!
    ohhhh! yay, i was beginning to think i was on my own! haha ive found someone on facebook in the same flat, room E what are you studying? and i'm the same as you, i wanted john fosters and en-suite, but got neither! i have no idea what it's like either! i don't think they should me digby halls on the open day, i hope it will be nice!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    To anyone asking about Digby you won't have seen it as it's been a building site for a while whilst they renovated it and changed it from catered to self

It's at the bottom of Stoughton Drive, the road with Beaumont on, and is close to Asda. You'll be the first year to stay there since it was renovated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    To anyone asking about Digby you won't have seen it as it's been a building site for a while whilst they renovated it and changed it from catered to self

It's at the bottom of Stoughton Drive, the road with Beaumont on, and is close to it. You'll be the first year to stay there since it was renovated
    oooh thankyou! thats really helpful, if it's been renovated then it must be nice

ReputationRep:
    Anyone Blue block first floor, flat 3??? Wasnt my first choice but a friend who's already at Leicester told me it wasn't open last year because it was being renovated - hopefully that is a good sign!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex2102)
    Anyone Blue block first floor, flat 3??? Wasnt my first choice but a friend who's already at Leicester told me it wasn't open last year because it was being renovated - hopefully that is a good sign!
    I'm blue block flat 1 bex! What floor are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash9002)
    Red Block, Digby Hall, Ground Floor flat 2 anyone?
    Oh hey I'm red block first floor flat 4 I haven't found anyone else in red block yet! I wanted to get to know some people in my block before starting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greginator1995)
    Oh that's cool, I'd much rather experience a great social life than a nicer room! I was thinking of giving the bus pass a miss, then I can save on that and a gym subscription and just walk everywhere!
    Yeah I'd suggest getting a cheap bike though. Walking from Mary Gee to the better gym on manor road takes about 20 minutes. Walking to campus from Mary Gee around 25. It's all flat though so you can do it in no time with a bike...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebea_s)
    Oh hey I'm red block first floor flat 4 I haven't found anyone else in red block yet! I wanted to get to know some people in my block before starting...
    Great! . I hadn't found anyone either lol. What course are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash9002)
    Great! . I hadn't found anyone either lol. What course are you studying?
    I'm studying medicine, how about you? Where are you moving from? I'm from Kent, way down south

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebea_s)
    I'm studying medicine, how about you? Where are you moving from? I'm from Kent, way down south
    Wow! Well done on getting in! . I'm studying Computer Science, love all things technology . Ahh you're gonna have a fairly long journey . I'm only coming from Derby so staying in the Midlands. Leicester would be a major upgrade in terms nightlife and sheer size from tiny Derby haha so I feel like I'm moving to New York lol. Have you seen Digby by any chance? I didn't visit on the open days so have no idea what to expect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lehill1994)
    Ohhh yeah you are pretty close! and oh my god! thats a lot of people to share a bathroom! i wanted an en-suite but i didn't get it and i went to an open day and saw some accommodation but it was so long ago i can't remember much, i don't think they should us the Digby halls, and yeah i'm the same i don't know what to expect! hopefully it will be nice!
    Yeah I wanted an en suite too! I think ground floor is always boys and first floor is always girls so at least that's good! and I'm sure it will be, happy we are close to ASDA

ReputationRep:
    hey, i'm in digby blue block, ground floor, flat 2, room A! any neighbours on here, or blockmates? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylva_3195)
    Hi im in Digby coming up from coventry too
    ( but i'm a yellow blocker) i haven't seen any of the accommodation, do you know anything about it?
    really? what school did you go? and im not sure but i think theres 12 to a floor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimonA95)
    hey, i'm in digby blue block, ground floor, flat 2, room A! any neighbours on here, or blockmates? :P
    hey im in blue block too first floor, flat 4. did you see digby halls at all?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.