Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't think revising 6 hours straight is a good idea. Quality not necessarily quantity. I do about 3 to 4 hours

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do a good 2 hours a day at least- maybe three. I am revising around essays- so, if there is a topic I am stuck on, I choose an essay title, use notes to make a plan, then write the essay. This means that not only am I learning the material, but I am also developing my exam technique.
    I do four essay based subjects, which makes this idea especially good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cem101)
    i have 10 exams but 4 of them are economics as and a2 which i will get U's in which doenst matter for my offer. so only 6. fp2 fp3 s2 m3 and 2 physics exams. tbh i say i revise i just put on music and read. nothing goes in. i think though that soon i'll hit panic mode. its more that i do as much as i can without my brain overheating. but i'd say thats roughly 5-6 hours a day. for anyone doing c1-c4, you shouldnt panic. look for patterns. i did them last year and got 100's. a* in single maths. theres always one question from eachc chapter. so try to recognise which chapter. also learn integration a lot for c4.
    Dude, when you apply for grad schemes and shizz, you might find it a struggle getting a **** grade in Econ. ;l
    tbh maths is a stragne subject. if it doesnt click, you're gonna have to work hard to get an A*. I believe im good so it wasnt that hard (compared to physics ). but you should just look at past papers. so for c4 you knwo that partial fractions will come up, you know certain things have to. if you just look through all sections in the chapter and see what they can throw at you, the only thing that changes is the numbers. so instead of x+1 it might be x+2 but you just adapt. as long as you can do the x+1 one then the x+2 should be a piece of cake. good luck.
    I wouldn't learn the questions if I were you...remember C3 from last year when the questions slightly deviated from the norm and it gave everyone a scare?

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone revising for essay subjects (preferably for History and English Lit)?

ReputationRep:
    Around 5 hours, hoping to increase that number in the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    Dude, when you apply for grad schemes and shizz, you might find it a struggle getting a **** grade in Econ. ;l

I wouldn't learn the questions if I were you...remember C3 from last year when the questions slightly deviated from the norm and it gave everyone a scare?
    1. the same way unis dont really care a lot about gcse's when applying to uni, employers look for uni grades. disregarding a levels a bit, especially if you have all A*/A's

2. that method worked for me as i got 100 in c3 and c4 last year, that exam everybody thought was horrible. trust me, natural ability will easily carry you through c3 at the minimum, but do some integration work for c4.

ReputationRep:
    1. the same way unis dont really care a lot about gcse's when applying to uni, employers look for uni grades. disregarding a levels a bit, especially if you have all A*/A's

2. that method worked for me as i got 100 in c3 and c4 last year, that exam everybody thought was horrible. trust me, natural ability will easily carry you through c3 at the minimum, but do some integration work for c4.
    Employers still care about A Level grades, especially at the top end, so all I'm saying is that don't try and get a B in Econ or something if you're going to apply for front office roles or something, which I know only take up a small proportion of all grad jobs but still.

All I'm saying is that it might have worked for you last year but taking that approach isn't good when a question decides to deviate from just switching the numbers around. I think what you said is what I mean but in a kind of roundabout way since you've got to actually understand C3. I did C3 and C4 last year and got the same UMS as you but I'd still not advise relying on the papers to be similar. Of course, practising past papers helps, though.

ReputationRep:
    4-6 hours

ReputationRep:
    Starting today for AS levels and doing 5 hours a day

ReputationRep:

Sorry mate, grad schemes do care about your A level grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    Anyone who's trying to revise for a longer time try the pomodoro technique.
    I know mobile phones are distracting but if you can disable your 3G or whatever lol have a look at the Clockwork Tomato app

It's basically the same as pomorodo but it also has a planner thing on there as well, quite handy.

ReputationRep:
    at the moment zero because my homework takes about four hours a day to do. It's mostly revision for tests but there's lots of essays with English lit at the moment. My business studies teacher was giving us homework last week and I was like so how are we supposed to revise and she gave us more homework
    It panics me so badly because I want Abb in my a levels and I haven't started intensive daily revision yet because I simply can't. Help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How in the heck is anyone doing 6 hours on a weekday? Does no-one actually attend school or have homework?
    2-3 hours a day. 6-7 on Saturdays and Sundays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trianglehate)
    I know mobile phones are distracting but if you can disable your 3G or whatever lol have a look at the Clockwork Tomato app

It's basically the same as pomorodo but it also has a planner thing on there as well, quite handy.
    Ah unfortunately it's only available for Androids and I have an iPhone. Thank you for the recommendation, though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    19 starting easter holidays ..
    Name:  1396559909162.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  24.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    19 starting easter holidays ..

EDIT: lol jk, I set targets not hours
    LOL

Do you set them daily or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yep,

I've got 9 exams. Generally, I set loads & loads of targets to be completed by the end of each day, e.g. complete chapter 14 of unit 2 chem, and study all exam questions, or study unit 2, module 2 biology, and inc. specific topics. Recap is really important! Most of the time, I recap from the beginning after every 10-15 min.

I'm just going to try and do as much as I can every day in these holidays, even if it means exerting myself to the extreme... I want those grades! I need to work like a dog! A-levels are no walk in the park, it's a sprint over a volcano!

All the best with exams.

Jatz
    Yeah i recently started doing it's so much more helpful this way. I just need to stop being lazy! Same during easter i need to work HARD i've got 9 exams too. What are you doing at uni? and thanks you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    I set targets not hours.
    I set time

ReputationRep:
    Like 4 hours a day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My tutor said six hours everyday, however I much prefer working to targets.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.