Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssargithan)
    Apparently, the grades for core subjects will be lower but optional subject will be higher than last years
    noo i really need english grade boundaries to be low although i know that isnt going to hapen after what happened last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are you lot aiming for on results day and what do you think you got? Personally I think I cocked up the sports exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by XXSimranXX)
    noo i really need english grade boundaries to be low although i know that isnt going to hapen after what happened last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same need lower boundaries. Apparently, English Language will be lower than last years but literature will be higher :/

ReputationRep:
    Same need lower boundaries. Apparently, English Language will be lower than last years but literature will be higher :/
    Ahh that's a killer, sat Eng Lang last year and smashed it so was really hoping that the Eng Lit boundaries would be really low this year!

ReputationRep:
    So anyone doing Eng Lit, History, Economics and Gov&Pol at A-Levels?

(Original post by big_fudge)
    Ahh that's a killer, sat Eng Lang last year and smashed it so was really hoping that the Eng Lit boundaries would be really low this year!
    You never know... In my opinion the grade boundaries will be average because we could say, we students are the lucky ones because the education system is getting changed completeley e.g. No Speaking Controlled Assessment anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could pick up my results and run home but results day at my school is also the day you choose your sixth form options. I really want to take 4 A-Levels so a fail would be the worst thing that could happen to me especially if it is in maths or English. I feel so anxious waiting

ReputationRep:
    same here its on the exact same day as my 6form enrolment so if i get terrible grades how do i not cry infront of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasoodahA)
    Did you not get one on the weekday after college?
    I think you're talking about a part time job, I don't know my timetable yet so I didn't want to risk getting one which would interfere with an actual lesson!
    Apparently, the grades for core subjects will be lower but optional subject will be higher than last years
    :eek: Are English, Maths and Science the only core subjects? In that case, that only applies to my English Language as I've already done Science and Maths! Oh dear.
    really hoping that the Eng Lit boundaries would be really low this year!
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    Cant wait for results day to come and go! I just hope I get my B in English Lang and A* in chemistry

ReputationRep:
    After reading these posts looks like the UK's system is much nicer than where I live.:/ We're allowed to do only up to 5 IGCSE's, wish i could take economics or accounting cause it's an interesting course and very helpful but i couldn't. So is anyone doing Physics Chem Maths for A-levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesJones777)
    I wish I could pick up my results and run home but results day at my school is also the day you choose your sixth form options. I really want to take 4 A-Levels so a fail would be the worst thing that could happen to me especially if it is in maths or English. I feel so anxious waiting
    I'm nervous too . I've already picked my options and need to get the grades to be able to do them. I honestly don't know what I would pick if I don't get the results I need.

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing any of maths, biology, english lit, music??

(Original post by Ani97)
    I think the biggest factors are if you enjoy literature and any career aspirations. What are you thinking of career wise? There is a coursework for English but I've been told its not that bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't really have a career in mind, I just wanted to keep my options open. I might go into phys, maths, engineering, medicine, modern languages or English (or both). But I would need chem for medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need both of them to be low ,, i proper messed up in the english exams haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alleykat606)
    anyone doing any of maths, biology, english lit, music??
    (Original post by theTalker25)
    After reading these posts looks like the UK's system is much nicer than where I live.:/ We're allowed to do only up to 5 IGCSE's, wish i could take economics or accounting cause it's an interesting course and very helpful but i couldn't. So is anyone doing Physics Chem Maths for A-levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So anyone doing Eng Lit, History, Economics and Gov&Pol at A-Levels?
    Definitely doing Maths, Economics, Physics and English Lit. If I get an A* in Maths GCSE I'll add Further on the day.

ReputationRep:
    it's daft but i'm ridiculously nervous about results day... any coping strategies people have found help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhairicolette)
    it's daft but i'm ridiculously nervous about results day... any coping strategies people have found help?
    Don't even think about it - pretend you never even did GCSEs. Start to think about it the day before or on the day of results day, otherwise you're just needlessly worrying/panicking! Just enjoy your summer holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhairicolette)
    Don't think about it, no one can change it now.
    I hope your hard work pays off, believe in yourself.
    At the end of the day its all about whether you've done your best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XXSimranXX)
    I need both of them to be low ,, i proper messed up in the english exams haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! I don't ever do exceptionally well in English but these exams were truly bad.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.