Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JENG)
    if you were to get an email on Monday regarding accommodation details or something then surely that means you've been accepted by that UNI -------right?:confused:
    it could be coincidence..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    Is it bad that my first question to him would be "Do you ****?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes
    ------jus let it be

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that my first question to him would be "Do you ****?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well yes, but because of my OCD, it causes me to waste 4 hours in the toilet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    i already got counselling therapist before and it helped..

getting treatment wish psychiatrist in 3/4 days and i know i will be able to recover and hopefully manage more of it..

the only reason its getting a bit worse is because right now my life is really crap and full of depression...once i am gonna get the treatment and turn my life around, i know i can beat my OCD...

plus i am going to live at home, so yeah....
    If you get rejected I personally doubt they are going to reverse the decision based on you then saying you have OCD. For 2 reasons 1st as PQ has said before they usually don't change a decision unless there was some mistake by them. You didn't provide them with "mitigating circumstances" so it's not their problem. 2nd your answer that "I know i will be able to recover" is nowhere near good enough. If it was that easy you should have done what was needed before your exams. "i recognised the problem late" will not be accepted either. Don't get me wrong. OCD, Medical depression and most other mental health problems are not tangible to people who never had to go through them. The admissions officer will take "the path of least resistance" n say NO.

This is why they have laws for even say giving jobs for women, disabled etc. Employers take the path of least resistance. She'll get pregnant and go on leave, we will have to provide facilities for him being disabled. Why bother, just take a healthy male.

Anyway the point I'm making is. If you don't get into the university you wanted but want to go to University this year go through clearing. Be sure you want to and can clear your issues before you go in barely a month. You don't want to waste money for the year and find you fail and have to repeat the year or get low grades. Remember at University they will not increase your grades on mitigating circumstances.

A gap year sorting your issues n mitigating circumstances now resolved documentary evidence should get you in for next year. Best of luck with your decisions.

ReputationRep:
    I hope at 6am on the 15th Im not going to be reading lifestories...pretty sure this thread should be about A level results day and useful helpful information for the day no ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JENG)
    if you were to get an email on Monday regarding accommodation details or something then surely that means you've been accepted by that UNI -------right?:confused:
    NO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padouken)
    You might have to reconsider, as I'm unsure as to whether UCL have a rowing team or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HPAG)
    If you get rejected I personally doubt they are going to reverse the decision based on you then saying you have OCD. For 2 reasons 1st as PQ has said before they usually don't change a decision unless there was some mistake by them. You didn't provide them with "mitigating circumstances" so it's not their problem. 2nd your answer that "I know i will be able to recover" is nowhere near good enough. If it was that easy you should have done what was needed before your exams. "i recognised the problem late" will not be accepted either. Don't get me wrong. OCD, Medical depression and most other mental health problems are not tangible to people who never had to go through them. The admissions officer will take "the path of least resistance" n say NO.

This is why they have laws for even say giving jobs for women, disabled etc. Employers take the path of least resistance. She'll get pregnant and go on leave, we will have to provide facilities for him being disabled. Why bother, just take a healthy male.

Anyway the point I'm making is. If you don't get into the university you wanted but want to go to University this year go through clearing. Be sure you want to and can clear your issues before you go in barely a month. You don't want to waste money for the year and find you fail and have to repeat the year or get low grades. Remember at University they will not increase your grades on mitigating circumstances.

A gap year sorting your issues n mitigating circumstances now resolved documentary evidence should get you in for next year. Best of luck with your decisions.
    u dont know how OCD works do you?

how can i resolve my OCD when it came at the wrong time,?

and by the way my OCD had only started last year, so how can i resolve that quickly?

i have no control over when it came, it is unpredictable

i am more then capable in doing everything in life and i can prove it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_louise21)
    I hope at 6am on the 15th Im not going to be reading lifestories...pretty sure this thread should be about A level results day and useful helpful information for the day no ?
    Good point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JENG)
    NO NO NO NO- AT FIIRST I BELIEVED THIS MIGHT BE A SERIOUS ISSUE--- BUT NOW UR JUST EGGING US ON------RIGHT:cool:
    why? i masturbate so i can relax and try and reduce my stress...whats wrong with that?

OCD can make you last that long? Damn.
    no man, after i have finished masturbating, i sit on hours on the toilet seat because my sperm keeps oozing out....and i am scared if i get up without letting it all ooze out completely, then i might contaminate everything..such as the floor, things around me, my boxers, my clothes !!!

Lmao, really not worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what shall i do then

ReputationRep:
    no man, after i have finished masturbating, i sit on hours on the toilet seat because my sperm keeps oozing out....and i am scared if i get up without letting it all ooze out completely, then i might contaminate everything..such as the floor, things around me, my boxers, my clothes !!!
    That was graphic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Goodbye first rate education, hello the university of Lincoln.
    Mate I'm expecting AAA, who even are you?

ReputationRep:
    That was graphic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But you loved it

ReputationRep:
    (1)u dont know how OCD works do you?

(2)how can i resolve my OCD when it came at the wrong time,?

(3)and by the way my OCD had only started last year, so how can i resolve that quickly?

(4)i have no control over when it came, it is unpredictable

(5)i am more then capable in doing everything in life and i can prove it
    (2)(3)(4) You posted first that it was presently getting worse then in a reply to PQ that you could resolve it in time to attend University.

(5) You then shouldn't need OCD as an excuse for not doing well at A2

Sorry shouldn't have got into this discussion on this thread. Take care.

ReputationRep:
    But you loved it
    I bet you loved it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I did. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayleyhayley)
    Ah. I just hedged my bets and went for a uni I'll be able to get into for mine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So did I, but now I'm worrying if I'll even get into my insurance!
    I'm predicted A*A*AA and I need BBC for my insurance and I still don't think I'll manage, fml!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in here sits for CIE exam board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zerefree)
    Anyone in here sits for CIE exam board?
    Who the hell are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardusername)
    So did I, but now I'm worrying if I'll even get into my insurance!
    I'm predicted A*A*AA and I need BBC for my insurance and I still don't think I'll manage, fml!
    What's your firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate113855)
    Mate I'm expecting AAA, who even are you?
    Most overqualified Lincoln candidate ever.

I am the alpha and the omega, the unrivaled absolute, the tacit but apparent truth. I am greatness personified. Bow down before me.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Dumbledore dies

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.