Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazmasetro)
    Hey guys. My interview is tomorrow. Just like to ask anyone who's done the interview already whether you actually do have to write an essay? None of the documents I was sent through the portal mention an essay. Only a questionnaire and ethical case study.
    hmm I don't think you've read the 'info for applicants' document carefully! it says task 1 is an ethical case study and task 2 is an essay! no mention of a questionnaire anywhere?!??! check that document- its with the criminal check thing! its not very helpful though- seems very vague to me! could someone who has already done the interview clarify what the essay is actualyl on? btw good luck with your interview tomorrow!! hope it goes well

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. My interview is tomorrow. Just like to ask anyone who's done the interview already whether you actually do have to write an essay? None of the documents I was sent through the portal mention an essay. Only a questionnaire and ethical case study.
    My interview is next month. On the portal it says I have to complete an essay and ethical case study. 15min time allocation each.

Good luck for your interview. Please let us know how it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Latif95)
    Has anyone had the thought
    That kings give out interviews based on the UCAS applications they receive first? Ie. The earlier the you submitted your application, the earlier they receive it, and the earlier you possibly get a reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I sent mine on 14 october and got an invite early last week, So it''s probably nothing to do with when applications were received.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkozman)
    *in admissions office*
    "Hey you guys wanna start givin som more interviews?"
    "Not yet," *hits bong* "alright let's go"
    This made me giggle! Damn right....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am going to hypothesise that they are giving out interviews in (wait for it......)

UCAS candidate number numerical order! Might explain the apparent randomness of the whole thing. Lowest UCAS number through to highest.

Maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pittawithcheese)
    I am going to hypothesise that they are giving out interviews in (wait for it......)

UCAS candidate number numerical order! Might explain the apparent randomness of the whole thing. Lowest UCAS number through to highest.

Maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine starts with 109 because i'm a reapplicant.. so surely I would have got an interview by now..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)
    i forgot to check my portal until now, and i've just realised i have an interview next week?!?! really got to crack on with interview prep
    Haha, don't worry mate, I received my interview invitation on 15th of November and only read it on 26th, so we're in the same situation.
    Chin up! At least you've got it

ReputationRep:
    How are people preparing for Interviews? I don't know where to start or how to prepare ...any tips would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    They January interview for undergrad so you could be called for interview in December for January

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really!! That's really good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any internationals here with interviews yet?!?!

WHEN WILL OUR TURN COME

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which documents did you receive?? Getting a little scared that I didn't receive any!! Or do you only get them once you're called for an interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazelle)
    Which documents did you receive?? Getting a little scared that I didn't receive any!! Or do you only get them once you're called for an interview??
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    You get the PDF letter once you're invited to interview. It explains the procedure for the interview day. Someone on here posted the PDF link in an earlier post.

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone who has an interview got/predicted A*s at A level? (Just blue sky thinking here after exeters rejection)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm predicted A*AA and I have an interview, but they want A's not A*'s so I don't know why it makes a difference

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamnc)
    I'm predicted A*AA and I have an interview, but they want A's not A*'s so I don't know why it makes a difference

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exeter wanted AAA but rejected anyone who didn't have a predicted/achieved A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBBT)
    Got an interview!!
    Nice one, what are your stats and when did they send it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exeter wanted AAA but rejected anyone who didn't have a predicted/achieved A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seriously? That's absolutely ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? That's absolutely ridiculous!
    I can deal with achieved A*s but predicted takes the biscuit, as lots are just rubbish! Hopefully they offer them the A* if they selected them for interview because of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can deal with achieved A*s but predicted takes the biscuit, as lots are just rubbish! Hopefully they offer them the A* if they selected them for interview because of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    On their website it says A*AA-AAA though...I guess they have to pick people some how though Where else you applied?

ReputationRep:
    On their website it says A*AA-AAA though...I guess they have to pick people some how though Where else you applied?
    Here, Cardiff and Bristol, got my Cardiff interview on Wednesday D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.