The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I applied at the start of november for sport and exercise science and I have had an offer back of ABB and I have made it my firm choice :-) hope you are successful!!!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Aiden1996
Anyone applied to study Sport and Exercise Science :smile:?

yes me!!!! made it my firm choice
Reply 982
Original post by LeJennifleur
I went to a post offer day at Birmingham for a different subject, and out of about 50 people who turned up I was one of only 2 who came without a parent :colondollar:

I'm going to the one on the 29th with my mum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 983
Original post by LeJennifleur
I went to a post offer day at Birmingham for a different subject, and out of about 50 people who turned up I was one of only 2 who came without a parent :colondollar:

I was in a similar situation, but I enjoyed it more because I was forced to talk to other applicants/ current students/ staff instead of just a parent. Also they break you up anyway after a bit so everyone's in the same boat
Original post by limid19
I'm going to the one on the 29th with my mum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going with my mum too, nice to hear it's not just me :P let's hope we're not the only ones going with parents :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 985
Original post by Goerginab123
I'm going with my mum too, nice to hear it's not just me :P let's hope we're not the only ones going with parents :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yhupp! I can't believe it's next Wednesday. Time has flown by since receiving the offer :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 986
Original post by Assassinn
Unconditional for PPE - not sure yet as to whether I'll firm but the course itself is my favorite of all my choices. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Going to an AVD on the 19th Feb. The course does look good, plus I've applied for PPE with a year abroad which sounds fun. Still not 100% made up my mind though! Where else have you applied?
Original post by Posy_a
Me too! Going to an AVD on the 19th Feb. The course does look good, plus I've applied for PPE with a year abroad which sounds fun. Still not 100% made up my mind though! Where else have you applied?

Applied for the year abroad aswell but not sure I'll be going to the visit days as ive got work on the days. I applied to Manchester, Soas, Kings and Sussex but mainly my hopes are on King's otherwise it's Birmingham for me. How about yourself?
Reply 988
Original post by Stephjef
Applied back in October - still not heard anything though! Have you?

I applied right at the end of November, and haven't heard anything yet! Want to firm Birmingham too so hope i get an offer! good luck too!
Reply 989
Original post by kiradrabble
yes me!!!! made it my firm choice

I applied right at the end of November and no response yet :frown: i want to firm Birmingham too so just hope i get an offer! what you studying at the moment, and what grades if you dont mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 990
Just discovered that the tubes will be on strike on the 5th Feb. My AVD is booked and advance train tickets were booked in December. Might have to walk the six miles to Kings Cross! LOL!
Reply 991
conditional for PPE - now just got to get the grades...
Reply 992
Original post by Cobbler
Just discovered that the tubes will be on strike on the 5th Feb. My AVD is booked and advance train tickets were booked in December. Might have to walk the six miles to Kings Cross! LOL!

If tubes are on strike then your ticket will be normally accepted on buses instead!
Reply 993
Original post by Assassinn
Applied for the year abroad aswell but not sure I'll be going to the visit days as ive got work on the days. I applied to Manchester, Soas, Kings and Sussex but mainly my hopes are on King's otherwise it's Birmingham for me. How about yourself?

Year abroad sounds awesome! What course did you apply for at King's? :smile: I applied to Oxford (didn't get in though), York, Royal Holloway and Newcastle. Still waiting to hear from York!
Reply 994
Have people that have offers made a selection for their accommodation?
Reply 995
Original post by izzyb96
i had an email about choosing a specific pathway for my course and they asked me to reply by the 6th so i guess thats when they re-open again? might just be the natural sciences department though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you pick as your majors? I've chosen Chemistry and Maths, definitely going to firm Birmingham! Have you decided whether to yet? :smile:
Reply 996
I'm not applying this year, next year hopefully!!!! It's my first choice and I'm damn lucky that I only live 20 mins away :biggrin:

But I was just wondering since I want to study English, how much does the UoB take my GCSE's into consideration?? I know I'll meet the typical offer since the A2B scheme applies to me but I'm just worried that my GCSE's will impact whether or not I get accepted.... :s-smilie:
Reply 997
Original post by zobia63
I'm not applying this year, next year hopefully!!!! It's my first choice and I'm damn lucky that I only live 20 mins away :biggrin:

But I was just wondering since I want to study English, how much does the UoB take my GCSE's into consideration?? I know I'll meet the typical offer since the A2B scheme applies to me but I'm just worried that my GCSE's will impact whether or not I get accepted.... :s-smilie:

What did you get for GCSE? :smile:
Reply 998
Original post by lizz-ie
What did you get for GCSE? :smile:

Mainly B's, an A and a couple of C's. :s-smilie:
Reply 999
Original post by zobia63
Mainly B's, an A and a couple of C's. :s-smilie:

I got around the same with an A* a couple of a's,b's and c's. Birmingham are more concerned with your english and maths grades. Gcses won't really matter unless it comes down to an unconditional offer ^_^ xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending