The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool University 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
To those of you applying to liverpool, I created this google maps page to help me decide on the accommodations.

GOOGLE MAPS LIVERPOOL ACCOMMODATIONS

I hope you find it useful, please share it, thanks.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 982
Other Student housing sites that I find good/ok are StuRents.com and Rightmove. You can start looking before you find out which uni (it takes a bit of time to sort a house anyway so no harm in starting early and looking in a range of areas. Good luck with the application!
I've applied for Crown place accommodation, have any of you guys heard back yet?
Original post by BrydieAdams
I've applied for Crown place accommodation, have any of you guys heard back yet?

they usually get back to those who have unconditionals first :smile: we get our responses in August. In the meantime, you get an email that confirms your accommodation request :P
Just firmed my Unconditonal offer for Vet Med! Need to do student finance and accomodation now, see you guys in September!!!
Original post by beccac94
Just firmed my Unconditonal offer for Vet Med! Need to do student finance and accomodation now, see you guys in September!!!

congrats and see you in September :smile:
Grrr. All offers back (Liverpool included :smile:) but I still can't decide. It's a toss up between History at Newcastle and Egyptology and Ancient History here. I loved the feel of the SACE department here, especially its incredible flexibility in regards to what you can study and take optional modules even if you've been accepted for something else in the department, but I keep coming back to the thought that maybe I'm limiting myself with Arch/Classics - will History get me more out of life? I just don't know - I was really put off by the fact that the 'careers and employability' talk at Newcastle's post-app day was about half an hour longer than the actual stuff about the course; I want to learn stuff not think about whether I want to go into civil service or head hunting before I even get there! The history course itself looks great but NOT the focus they seem to have on what sort of salary you can get from it. Gah. I'm in a real mental bind >.<

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Had to get it off my chest. Congrats and good luck to anyone else with accepted/firmed offers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 988
Brydie, Crown place is my first choice- I applied mid February. A few days later, I sent an email asking about how long it will take to be offered a place- telling them that that I had accepted an unconditional offer from Liverpool for Psychology. I was told I can expect an offer of accommodation around March/April time.
Getting sick with a levels now! Bring on September already
Original post by neal95
Getting sick with a levels now! Bring on September already

yeah tell me about it bro
Original post by maryamzahid
yeah tell me about it bro

You know the score!
Original post by Shokz
Brydie, Crown place is my first choice- I applied mid February. A few days later, I sent an email asking about how long it will take to be offered a place- telling them that that I had accepted an unconditional offer from Liverpool for Psychology. I was told I can expect an offer of accommodation around March/April time.

Great! Thanks for letting me know, i'm so excited now!
Just got an offer to study Medicine! How do I apply for accommodation?! Anyone know what the closest accommodation to the medicine buildings is?
Original post by sandrabondaruk
Just got an offer to study Medicine! How do I apply for accommodation?! Anyone know what the closest accommodation to the medicine buildings is?

Wow, congrats :redface: as far as I can remember, they'll email you :smile: and I'm not 100% sure, but I think Crown Place is pretty close!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do Liverpool insurers also apply for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chlodobaggins

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think in general insurers get to apply for accommodation. I made Hull my insurance and they haven't sent me a single email for insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chlodobaggins

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, generally the case is you get to apply for accommodation for your first choice and then if you don't get it you have to apply/ get given what is left 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 998
hey guys
i still havent recieved any reply from liverpool for architecture... does this mean i've been rejected?
Original post by j7189
hey guys
i still havent recieved any reply from liverpool for architecture... does this mean i've been rejected?

No, it means that they are still probably deciding on whether or not they will give you an offer. A few people I know have applied to Liverpool for architecture and haven't received a reply yet, which means that they are giving out offers depending on the department.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending