Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is it too late now to get an interview?....

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the first essay question on the BMAT about watching things as they fall apart?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the essay title about pets? And their healthcare? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nana96)
    Does ucl have an integrated curriculum (so you get early patient contact) or isit the more traditional preclincal then clinical years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The teaching is mostly lectures, you do meet a few patients through the year and every week you have tutorials about the more clinical aspect of medicine such as taking histories, doctors role in the sick role etc.

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for 5th March! Really happy as UCL is my favourite university. Surprised as I was pretty much resigned to a rejection.

Received an email from UCL on 07/02/14. Accepted the invitation but still need to send them my passport photocopy and AS results.

Stats:
    GCSEs: 6.5 A*s, 3As, 0.5 Bs
    A-Levels: Predicted 4 A*
    BMAT: 6.5, 5.5, 4A

BTW does anyone remember the BMAT essay question on whether it is right to have pets or not?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Semanresu)
    Got an interview for 5th March! Really happy as UCL is my favourite university. Surprised as I was pretty much resigned to a rejection.

Received an email from UCL on 07/02/14. Accepted the invitation but still need to send them my passport photocopy and AS results.

Stats:

BTW does anyone remember the BMAT essay question on whether it is right to have pets or not?

Sth like "In a world, where every day children die of hunger it is not moral to keep a pet"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Semanresu)

Stats:

Argue: "As the demands of the human population grows, the amount of resources for people is struggling to cope and despite this fact, the needs of animals as pets are being provided for."

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the BMAT question about "learning about things by watching them malfunction" (words to that effect)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on 12th but it still says "not yet attended" on Portico, is it normal or should I email them? I went out straight after my interview, was there any form to sign after it or sth like that??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nana96)
    Does ucl have an integrated curriculum (so you get early patient contact) or isit the more traditional preclincal then clinical years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To add to what zhang has said, my friend is a 4th year medic at UCL and in her first two years she did get occasional visits to a local hospital- the year was split into three and each was assigned a hospital for a semester - one of UCH, Royal Free or the Whittington.

ReputationRep:
    Still havnt heard anything back yet, they have asked for my AS modules, and after i sent them in, they gave no reply. Is this normal? When is the last date in which they hand out interviews? (not the last day of interviews)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interview in two days! Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andante22)
    I had my interview on 12th but it still says "not yet attended" on Portico, is it normal or should I email them? I went out straight after my interview, was there any form to sign after it or sth like that??
    I noticed the same thing on my portico a few days before I got an offer! Not wanting to get your hopes up or anything but it could be a sign

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    I noticed the same thing on my portico a few days before I got an offer! Not wanting to get your hopes up or anything but it could be a sign
    Haha I hope so I guess then they just actually change it when they send you their decision, not when you have attended the interview. We'll see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex)
    Still havnt heard anything back yet, they have asked for my AS modules, and after i sent them in, they gave no reply. Is this normal? When is the last date in which they hand out interviews? (not the last day of interviews)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0766)
    is it too late now to get an interview?....
    I reeeeeeally hope not :/ I still haven't heard anything from them at all...

ReputationRep:
    Do ucl send a rejection email or just update your track (post interview)? Feeling pessimistic here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UCL offer holders, when do you plan on applying for accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips regarding the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeywimey)
    Does anyone have any tips regarding the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wink at the interviewers as you thank them at the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 29, 2014

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.