Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyTractor)
    Computer screen? Does *everyone* seem to use computers for something as small as email/track-checking? I feel like the only one in the world with a smartphone. Which is actually worse, because my heart stops whenever a notification saying I have a new e-mail pops up...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I deleted my email app from my phone for a few weeks because it was too much of a distraction and would have probably led to heart failure too And it would've caused accidents for me, namely on the road...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyTractor)
    Computer screen? Does *everyone* seem to use computers for something as small as email/track-checking? I feel like the only one in the world with a smartphone. Which is actually worse, because my heart stops whenever a notification saying I have a new e-mail pops up...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're not the only one, Everytime I see a new email notification I get really nervous about it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how long does it take to get an offer after getting an acknoloagement letter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Universities have until May to reply. Depends on how many applications the universities receive. Some hand out offers within a week, whereas others take months. My only advice is to have patience.

ReputationRep:
    However long the unis want to decide. Some unis don't even look until 15th January. Their deadline is May 8th.

ReputationRep:
    Usually 4 - 6 weeks. Although some don't look at any applications until after the deadline.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I got three within 3 weeks, 1 after nearly 7 weeks, and I'm still waiting for one more. It honestly depends on the course and the university

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I check both. I was checking my emails on my Iphone so much that I went back to my old phone - classic old Nokia.

It means that I enjoy myself more when I'm out but i'm still checking it every 4 seconds at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    It's only been 2 and a half weeks! I've been waiting on Warwick for SEVEN WEEKS :argh:
    What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Everytime I check Imperial's and UCL's threads, my eyes are literally bulging out of their sockets in an effort to spot people applying for my course, who have already got offers...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have no offers yet. :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyQ)
    I have no offers yet. :'(
    Same with me
    When did you send yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Warwick - Biomed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saleem Aslam)
    Same with me
    When did you send yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    November 29th which I suppose isn't that long ago but I just want one to know that my application is okay. When did you send yours?

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my application on the 5th of December for International Business Management and I only have got 2 acknowledgements from Kent and Sheffield. I have also applied for Surrey, Northumbria and Liverpool. The Wait is killing me and I am checking Track Several times a day lol.

Does anyone know how long it takes for these universities reply with offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Surrey took 6 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyQ)
    November 29th which I suppose isn't that long ago but I just want one to know that my application is okay. When did you send yours?
    I sent mine off a bit after on the 5th od December. I'm so nervous about it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayy17)
    Surrey took 6 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for letting me know they acknowledged my application today so hopefully they should reply soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for letting me know they acknowledged my application today so hopefully they should reply soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries I sent mine off a while ago (11th of nov) and they sent the acknowledgment the day after with an offer 6 days later. The rush of applications are coming in now so they may take a while to get back but dont worrry if they don't reply soon, they give out quite a lot of offers which you will probs get what course have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayy17)
    No worries I sent mine off a while ago (11th of nov) and they sent the acknowledgment the day after with an offer 6 days later. The rush of applications are coming in now so they may take a while to get back but dont worrry if they don't reply soon, they give out quite a lot of offers which you will probs get what course have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good to know
    I have applied for International Business Management with a year in industry
    What have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks guys thats really helped so im guessing i wont be getting an email anytime soon saying something has changed on your ucas track then :/ x

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.