Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    A win for Burnley means Derby have to win against Doncaster to take the promotion race on a further week, meanwhile all does not seem well at Blackpool with fans protesting against the Chairman and ripping up their tickets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    I can imagine and i'm rather sorry. I'd be more worried about you signing him at the end of the season when his contract finishes with us.
    We have been drawing crowds smaller than some Conference clubs this season. We might be able to sign some bloke off the park but probably won't be able to attract even the likes of that cretin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    QFA
    Did you make it to the game today?
    What did you think?
    Bit of a shame really, as I would have liked both of us to make the play offs as I have a bit of a soft spot for Oxford (not for that C word up front though...) but it looks like Sarfend have finally picked up, thus leaving only one spot free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Derby currently beating Doncaster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Derby currently beating Doncaster.
    As a fellow Yorkie, I'm pleased for Wally. But as a Yorkshireman, not happy that Doncaster could now get caught up in the relegation scrap!

ReputationRep:
    What a game! First time we haven't defended properly this season, but still brilliant in front of over 30k.

Not impressed by the mindless tools who continued to invade the pitch after EVERY goal.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    2-0 to Derby, looks like they have this game won.

ReputationRep:
    Good results for us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Good results for us
    I thought the same (as a Rovers fan) but we somehow only managed a draw at home to Yeovil. Completely demoralising to see (especially as I forked out £20 to watch it!) and we could've gone within 2 points of the play-offs with a win.

Anyway, I'm off to St Andrews on Monday hoping we can continue our unbeaten run. Seems like being a Birmingham fan (I presume you are from your picture) hasn't been much fun this year though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brocklehurst95)
    I thought the same (as a Rovers fan) but we somehow only managed a draw at home to Yeovil. Completely demoralising to see (especially as I forked out £20 to watch it!) and we could've gone within 2 points of the play-offs with a win.

Anyway, I'm off to St Andrews on Monday hoping we can continue our unbeaten run. Seems like being a Birmingham fan (I presume you are from your picture) hasn't been much fun this year though
    Reckon another 3-4 points and we'll be safe. We've had a lot of problems this year, considering most of our players are loanees/academy/freebies and we've had the equivalent of 4 different teams since the start of the season I think we've done okay. Will be better when we can get the owner situation sorted out, fingers crossed that happens in next few weeks.

Our home form is horrendous currently but it wasn't bad before Christmas, beat Swansea etc.. Our away form is 2nd best in the league so hoping we can take something from forest tomorrow. Against you I'm hoping for 3 points or a draw, was an interesting game in December between the two sides. I don't think 20 quid is too bad, they're still charging us premier league prices for our season tickets! Hey ho, we'll see what table looks like after tomorrow's fixtures

ReputationRep:
    8 points off 6th place with 2 games in hand... Why am I even keeping hope that playoffs are a possibility... Roll on Ipswich, absolute last playoff chance now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Good results for us
    Just like Villa having to rely on others to keep out of trouble although to be fair you should just have enough to stay up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Reckon another 3-4 points and we'll be safe. We've had a lot of problems this year, considering most of our players are loanees/academy/freebies and we've had the equivalent of 4 different teams since the start of the season I think we've done okay. Will be better when we can get the owner situation sorted out, fingers crossed that happens in next few weeks.

Our home form is horrendous currently but it wasn't bad before Christmas, beat Swansea etc.. Our away form is 2nd best in the league so hoping we can take something from forest tomorrow. Against you I'm hoping for 3 points or a draw, was an interesting game in December between the two sides. I don't think 20 quid is too bad, they're still charging us premier league prices for our season tickets! Hey ho, we'll see what table looks like after tomorrow's fixtures
    It's not easy to get any sort of run together with such an unsettled squad. We've been in a similar situation with loads of injuries, I mean at one point we had 21 players from the 1st and reserves on the treatment table. How is that even possible?!

After seeing us play averagely all season and still be close to the play offs says quite a lot and I think we'll have a good chance of getting a win on Monday (no matter what you might think! ) Are you a season ticket holder then? We only got charged £5 for 13-18s and £10 for adults for the game on Monday, I'd say that's very good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Just like Villa having to rely on others to keep out of trouble although to be fair you should just have enough to stay up.
    Really really want Villa relegated! Why should someone buy you for god knows how many million - it's not fair! Plus with Wolves coming up, us *fingercrossed I think we will* staying in Champ and you and the Baggies with the possibility of relegation it could be a very interesting season next season! We need a good derby/scrappy game - if Millwall are going down I want another interesting away game to come. Cos I don't think much of Leeds away, but Villa away

ReputationRep:
    Good win against a sub-par Ipswich side, 5 points off with a game in hand, with better goal difference than anyone from 5th downwards, why not believe? Even with QPR and Derby to play, it could still be done...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Great win for Bradford, especially in front of fergie . We are finally safe

ReputationRep:
    First win at Oakwell in 17 years, McCormack has been sublime this year. Wickham does nothing on loan, then goes back to Sunderland & scores 3 in 2 games against two of the best clubs in the world. There must be a curse of going on loan at Leeds, Andros Townsend did naff all when he was on loan last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    Did you make it to the game today?
    What did you think?
    Bit of a shame really, as I would have liked both of us to make the play offs as I have a bit of a soft spot for Oxford (not for that C word up front though...) but it looks like Sarfend have finally picked up, thus leaving only one spot free
    Broken hearted, Feel absolutely conned out of a play off place but then we've lost four in the last five so maybe its deserved, just hard to take from a penalty really. But then there's three games left and I think we've got the character to claim the last place. Good luck anyway, anyone's game now! Did you travel down for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    Broken hearted, Feel absolutely conned out of a play off place but then we've lost four in the last five so maybe its deserved, just hard to take from a penalty really. But then there's three games left and I think we've got the character to claim the last place. Good luck anyway, anyone's game now! Did you travel down for it?
    It does seem pretty ridiculous really! When we played at Bootham Crescent in December, you were pretty much top, we were practically bottom. Then just 3 and a bit months later...
    Your form recently has been pretty horrific - any reason for it?
    I couldn't make the match as I'm abroad at the moment, but had it on the radio. Sounded like neither team looked like scoring really - not from open play at least.
    Can't say I wasn't delighted it was 'part player, part referee's assistant' Kitson who messed up and committed the handball for the Pen!

Certainly not over yet. Our top striker (our only really good one!) is out till next season, and our main creative mid/winger is also out till next November. Plus our 2 other top goalscorers seem to have lost all confidence, and so start on the bench now.
    Can't see us scoring many, and that could be the difference between us and you getting the final spot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    First win at Oakwell in 17 years, McCormack has been sublime this year. Wickham does nothing on loan, then goes back to Sunderland & scores 3 in 2 games against two of the best clubs in the world. There must be a curse of going on loan at Leeds, Andros Townsend did naff all when he was on loan last year.
    That's gotta hurt. We were all set to sign Jordan Henderson from Sunderland a few years ago, then they changed the manager at the last minute...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.