Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaybannell)
    i wrote the unseen was unrequited love... do you think that'll be right??
    As long as you justified it it's probably right. I wrote how it could be love or infatuation and explained both.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the 'fear' question on bayonet charge in the conflict cluster? That's what I did and I compared it with COTLB. Heard so many people say they misread the question on Mametz wood!
    I was quite pleased with the unseen poem as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neza99)
    Anyone talk about the repetition of 'life is now better then before' at the end of each stanza?
    Yeah! I said how it was repeated made it seem as though it was mantra she told her self again and again to try and convince herself that all of the pain is worth it. I also said how one could argue that Hannah uses an acerbic tone in this phrase as it's ironic that life could be 'better' if the subject has caused her so much pain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srw98)
    for conflict for mametz wood I just wrote about effects of conflict and compared it to futility, completely misread the question and didn't mention place. Will I get any marks?
    Same! I completley misread the question! At least you're not alone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do the manhunt question and what did you compare it with? I did brothers because there is a broken relationship between the siblings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ni909)
    Yeah! I said how it was repeated made it seem as though it was mantra she told her self again and again to try and convince herself that all of the pain is worth it. I also said how one could argue that Hannah uses an acerbic tone in this phrase as it's ironic that life could be 'better' if the subject has caused her so much pain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    YES! Thank god, I put this too :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaybannell)
    i wrote the unseen was unrequited love... do you think that'll be right??
    There's no right answers to unseen poetry, it's more how you interpret it you'll probably get marks for whatever you put :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neza99)
    Anyone talk about the repetition of 'life is now better then before' at the end of each stanza?
    It's a shame I never explicitly talked about the most obvious point in that unseen poem!

ReputationRep:
    For conflict, I did the charge of light brigade question and had to compare it with one other poem, so i did The falling leaves is that okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebeisgreat)
    Same! I completley misread the question! At least you're not alone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aww I'm really sorry that happened to you too, but it does make me feel better that I wasn't the only one!:'(( hopefully the examiners will be a bit generous!x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie_xxxoo)
    For conflict, I did the charge of light brigade question and had to compare it with one other poem, so i did The falling leaves is that okay?
    No, because there wasn't a question on Charge of the Light Brigade!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srw98)
    aww I'm really sorry that happened to you too, but it does make me feel better that I wasn't the only one!:'(( hopefully the examiners will be a bit generous!x
    Let's hope! But apparently quite a few people misread the question...what are you aiming for??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avocado2002)
    No, because there wasn't a question on Charge of the Light Brigade!
    Yes there was a question about this on the foundation paper

ReputationRep:
    Now that the English lit exams are over "life is now better than it was before"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srw98)
    for conflict for mametz wood I just wrote about effects of conflict and compared it to futility, completely misread the question and didn't mention place. Will I get any marks?
    I compared those two and I linked them back to the question (places):
    Both use FARMLAND as a medium to express life
    Both talk about the futility of life n the BATTLEFIELD
    Both use the EARTH (PLANET)/EARTH (SOIL)

The things in bold is how I linked them to places

ReputationRep:
    I did that as well but compared it with come on come back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebeisgreat)
    Let's hope! But apparently quite a few people misread the question...what are you aiming for??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    phew, well I got an a* in my mock and coursework, and the one on monday went okay, but I think after today the highest I can really get is an a, which I'd obviously still be happy with. how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blitzchika)
    I compared those two and I linked them back to the question (places):
    Both use FARMLAND as a medium to express life
    Both talk about the futility of life n the BATTLEFIELD
    Both use the EARTH (PLANET)/EARTH (SOIL)

The things in bold is how I linked them to places
    ooh that's good. See I didn't see place, so just talked about effect of war (mostly on soldiers), relationship between nature and war, futility and transience of life:')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srw98)
    ooh that's good. See I didn't see place, so just talked about effect of war (mostly on soldiers), relationship between nature and war, futility and transience of life:')
    I never really talked about places and now I'm panicking even though my analysis was top notch.

Will I lose all the marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srw98)
    ooh that's good. See I didn't see place, so just talked about effect of war (mostly on soldiers), relationship between nature and war, futility and transience of life:'
    I'm sure they'll give you something for nature at least as that can be considered like a place

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.