The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k.bryan4
We won't be asked how to work out standard deviation right?
Just what it shows like the spread of data etc

No, we won't be asked to work out standard deviation. :smile:
Original post by geeee11
Can memory strategies come up as a 12 marker?

very very unlikely
The issue of imposed etic can be used to criticise the strange situation right?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuperSauce
No, we won't be asked to work out standard deviation. :smile:

ok phew! Thank you!
very very unlikely

Hope not, I haven't learnt anywhere near enough for 12 marks haha
Original post by geeee11

Hiiiiighly doubt that

Original post by JHG58
hi guys what are we thinking about a 12 marker on deprivation? and if so what studies?

Czech twins - Koluchova
Genie

Anyone know if we can use Hodges & Tizard too?
Original post by geeee11

No one else thinks so but I think this will be the 12 marker!
Original post by Fenicoteri

Why? There isn't enough content on that for it to be a 12 marker
What's the difference between deprivation and privation?

How would you evaluate it though for A02, I haven't learnt any evaluations for it!

Don't say that! :frown:
Original post by JuliusSeizure
The issue of imposed etic can be used to criticise the strange situation right?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you can talk about it.:smile:
Original post by xtenshiai
Hiiiiighly doubt that

Czech twins - Koluchova
Genie

Anyone know if we can use Hodges & Tizard too?

do not use Genie ans Czech twins they are privation! Neither Hodges & Tizard or Rutter they are all for privation.

Use Robertsons studies on John & Thomas,Lucy,Jane, Kate
Original post by JuliusSeizure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes
do not use Genie ans Czech twins they are privation! Neither Hodges & Tizard or Rutter they are all for privation.

Use Robertsons studies on John & Thomas,Lucy,Jane, Kate

oops i read privation instead of deprivation
How would you evaluate it though for A02, I haven't learnt any evaluations for it!

I quickly learnt this last minute:

1) Gruneberg who surveyed Paychology students taking their finals and found that 30% used mnemonics in revision particularly anacronyms and acrostic suggesting these aid memory improvement.

2) O'Hara found that the method of Loci was successful in helping elderly people in the long term especially those who continued this method after training.

3) Bower et al found that organisation plays a key role in memory improvement. He had two groups and gave both groups a list of 112 words to remember. One group had no method whilst the other group used a "hierachy" method. Found that the group with using a hierachy remembered 2/3x more than those who didnt.
Original post by Fleming1928
What's the difference between deprivation and privation?

privation - bond never formed in the first place
deprivation - an existing bond being lost

found some studies/info here
(edited 8 years ago)

1) Gruneberg who surveyed Paychology students taking their finals and found that 30% used mnemonics in revision particularly anacronyms and acrostic suggesting these aid memory improvement.

2) O'Hara found that the method of Loci was successful in helping elderly people in the long term especially those who continued this method after training.

3) Bower et al found that organisation plays a key role in memory improvement. He had two groups and gave both groups a list of 112 words to remember. One group had no method whilst the other group used a "hierachy" method. Found that the group with using a hierachy remembered 2/3x more than those who didnt.

Omg i cannot learn that like hours before the exam! I'm just going to pray it doesn't come up! If it does I'll just have to wing it

1) Gruneberg who surveyed Psychology students taking their finals and found that 30% used mnemonics in revision particularly acronyms and acrostic suggesting these aid memory improvement.

Reply 999
What research can be used for a 12 maker on disruption of attachment, would it be enough to just talk about Robertson and Robertson and their study of John and explain the 3 stages, what other research is there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending