Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraahaley)
    Strange situation 12 marks
    Day care 8 marks
    What kind of question on day care do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Just want to wish everyone the very best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly2947)
    Guys how would you format a 12 mark essay on how research into attachment has influenced childcare practices? What would you put as AO2 points? Just the studies that support the changes? I.e. That substitute emotional care whilst in institutional care must be provided, this was due to Roberson and Robertsons finding..... I'm finding it hard to structure an essay for this question
    there's no way in hell we are getting a 12 mark question on that. the must we are going to get is a 4 marker

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! Everyones saying the MSM 12 marker will come up.

ReputationRep:
    can you give me some evaluation points for the multie store model

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HemmingsHood)
    What kind of question on day care do you think?
    How has research into day care influenced childcare practice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraahaley)
    How has research into day care influenced childcare practice
    what would be the answer to that?

ReputationRep:
    This sounds stupid, but what actually is the critical period? Is it 3 years or 6 months as I see it different everywhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    This sounds stupid, but what actually is the critical period? Is it 3 years or 6 months as I see it different everywhere?

The Critical period is the first two and a half years of life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtenshiai)
    what would be the answer to that?
    A01 emotional care needs to be considered as much as physical care
    hospital visit arrangement changed

A02 John case study

A01 foster care/adoption are better than institutional settings

A02 Hodges& Tizard and Rutter case studies

https://quizlet.com/8559451/how-rese...s-flash-cards/

ReputationRep:
    OCR here. Exam at 1:30.

Apparently is you're confident, you're more likely to do well :awesome:

gay

ReputationRep:
    what are some evaluation points for disruption of attachment?

also what are some evaluaion points for influence into attachment and day care?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    sensitive period is 6 months
    critical period is 3 years

ReputationRep:
    Can someone define the difference between the critical period and the sensitive period because I find it fairly confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fenicoteri)
    sensitive period is 6 months
    critical period is 3 years
    What is the difference between the sensitive period and the critical period? I thought they could be used interchangeably?

ReputationRep:
    Im so bad with the day care topic.. Everyone been revising research methods too?

ReputationRep:
    what are some evaluation points for disruption of attachment?

also what are some evaluaion points for influence into attachment and day care?

disruption of attachment - (If you learnt the John case study)
    John was a single case study = we cannot generalize results to wider population = lacks population validity.
    Based on a single person so individual differences such as high temperament is likely.
    Case studies provide rich qualitative data (elaborate)
    Case studies are hard to replicate and test for reliability due to a lack of controls over variables and conditions.

Add more evaluations depending on what research studies you used.
    I'm not sure about influence into attachment and daycare.

ReputationRep:
    Was it Scarr (1998) that identified factors that make good quality day care such as low staff turnover?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwhite14)
    What is the difference between the sensitive period and the critical period? I thought they could be used interchangeably?
    I get confused but I THINK that critical period is just another theory of where attachment can happen but its longer than the sensitive one. I believe sensitive period is where you form attachment with the pgc but you can still make attachments after whereas after the critical period you cant make any attachments.

however ignore this because im like 90% sure that you dont need to know the difference, just always refer to sensitive period not critical

ReputationRep:
    I get confused but I THINK that critical period is just another theory of where attachment can happen but its longer than the sensitive one. I believe sensitive period is where you form attachment with the pgc but you can still make attachments after whereas after the critical period you cant make any attachments.

however ignore this because im like 90% sure that you dont need to know the difference, just always refer to sensitive period not critical
    OK thank you!! so would you say Bowlby suggested that 3-6 months was time when infants are most sensitive to development of attachments (sensitive period)?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.