Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional!! Whoooo!!! Definitely my first choice!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any economics offers? Haven't heard back from them since sending off my application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al3xk3nn3dyy)
    Do you know the IR student's current grades? Still waiting:////
    I was unsuccessful despite having obtained a predicted 45/45 IB points. (Will probably "only" get 43 for the real exam though). Don't know if it's because I'm a EU citizen though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DKstudent)
    I was unsuccessful despite having obtained a predicted 45/45 IB points. (Will probably "only" get 43 for the real exam though). Don't know if it's because I'm a EU citizen though.
    WHAT?! How can they not accept with a 45 predicted! That's insane!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I know it's quite early, but does anyone know if a Facebook page has been setup for offer holders? I can't seem to find one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmed16)
    Guys, I know it's quite early, but does anyone know if a Facebook page has been setup for offer holders? I can't seem to find one...
    This is the page you're looking for

facebook.com/groups/standrewsclassof2020/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily141)
    This is the page you're looking for

facebook.com/groups/standrewsclassof2020/
    Thank you!! 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddi1905)
    Aww thank you you too! I'm going up for that visit day too. That sounds fun
    Ah awesome see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frubee)
    I sent out my application about 4 months ago and still haven't heard back I' m an EU applicant for chemistry with medicinal chemistry and St Andrews is my first choice ... Has anyone applying in the chemistry department heard back from the university ?
    I received a conditional offer for chem (F101) on 10th Feb. Hopefully you will hear back soon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year student at St A studying English and was a UK applicant. I didn't get my offer until 18th March last year, so you shouldn't lose hope! St Andrews is just notoriously slow, especially if you're a UK entrant. Best of luck to those still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessanne97)
    I'm a first year student at St A studying English and was a UK applicant. I didn't get my offer until 18th March last year, so you shouldn't lose hope! St Andrews is just notoriously slow, especially if you're a UK entrant. Best of luck to those still waiting!
    Do you like living in St Andrews ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddi1905)
    Yeah it's such a nice uni and place, what is your second choice?
    Will probably be Durham mainly because its kinda similar to St. Andrews in terms of being situated in a studenty, smallish kind of area. I get lost easily so I would be pretty screwed in a bigger city ahaa.

Have you already been to an open day? What were the general vibes that you got from the students and the atmosphere e.g. tense and competitive or relaxed and laid back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWTS)
    Has anyone received any economics offers? Haven't heard back from them since sending off my application
    I have received an unconditional for economics

ReputationRep:
    I do - it's a lovely town but it is what you make of it. It has everything you need and you are guaranteed to see someone you know on one of the three main streets any time you leave your room. It's a very small uni so there is a sense of community. It's incredibly beautiful but not a city uni experience at all. I absolutely love it and never feel too homesick (I'm from Ireland)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge1)
    I have received an unconditional for economics
    Well done!! That's absolutely great
    The wait is painful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWTS)
    Well done!! That's absolutely great
    The wait is painful
    thank you where do you want to go and are you Scottish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markreed)
    Will probably be Durham mainly because its kinda similar to St. Andrews in terms of being situated in a studenty, smallish kind of area. I get lost easily so I would be pretty screwed in a bigger city ahaa.

Have you already been to an open day? What were the general vibes that you got from the students and the atmosphere e.g. tense and competitive or relaxed and laid back?
    I'm the same I would get lost all the time haha. Yeah I've been too one, the students that guided people around were really friendly and informative. The university itself had a nice feel/atmosphere and the lecturers were all really nice going to the open day was what made me decide it was my first choice because I loved the place and the people were all very nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alh1998)
    Me too! I went to visit St Andrews last year and fell completely in love with the university, the town and the course programme, I just hope that they like my application :/ good luck to you, I hope it's good news xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, I hope it's good news for you too xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markreed)

^
    ^
    ^

I know I'd like to hear more about this because it's so important and difficult to pick up on without experience of the place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge1)
    thank you where do you want to go and are you Scottish?
    St. Andrews would definitely be my first choice and I am a UK applicant. What about yourself?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 21, 2017
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.