Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luis Suarez)
    Is basic and basaltic lava the same?
    Yes, basic is just another word for basaltic

ReputationRep:
    If I'm answering the tectonics 40 marker does anybody know how much of the basic knowledge I need to know or could I get away with just learning the case studies? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xojellyxo)
    With reference to examples, assess the degree to which the level or economic development of a country affects planning and management in urban areas.

It seems horrible but I have an example answer and it includes basically everything; regeneration of slums and urban areas and waste and transport management.
    Could i please see your example answer? That would be amazing as i really struggle with planning and management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feeoner)
    Anyone got an idea for the ecosystems 7,8,10 and the essay? Can't tell if it will be Brit isles succession or trop rainforest?
    Doubt it will be tropical rainforest as that came up in the 25markers 3 years in a row - Jun12, Jan13 and Jun13 I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychemma)
    Do we need to know the types of eruption (Plinian, Icelandic etc)?
    i'm learning them

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for 25 markers for development and globalisation and weather and climate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamestanben)
    can anybody calculate the ums I would need for an A? I got 144 UMS (106 UMS unit 1 and 38 UMS unit 2) overall at AS which is a B, also I know that my unit 2 score is awful I completely messed up but have since resat it and think I could go up to about 35+ marks which on last years grade boundaries would be 47+ UMS, would be super grateful if anyone could work this out for me, preferably using my estimated UMS (153) (if possible) that would be great )
    You need 320 overall for an A, possible 200 UMS each year, i got 161last year and got and A by what was probably a mark or so lol, so i need to do the exact same this year (159) to keep my grade, think you will need 176 UMS this year to get an A, you need 136 UMS for a B, hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    How likely is retailing to come up as a 40 marker?

ReputationRep:
    I will do anything for some solid World Cities essay predictions and Development and Tectonics 25 marker predictions

So stressed trying to learn absolutely everything (bar what was on last year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimthompson)
    Conflicts - Local resources haven't come up in a while and there's only been one 40 marker on poverty

World cities - Redevelopment has been up LOADS so i doubt it'll come up again but who knows. I think it'll be process of urbanisation so suburbanisation, urbanisation and counter urbanisation.

Plate tectonics - I'm think tsunamis and intrusive/extrusive features

It's all a guess though anything could happen.
    What as a world cities 40 marker?

ReputationRep:
    for contemporary conflicts and challenges in multiculturalism do we have to know ways to resolve issues related to multiculturalism as it doesn't appear on the spec (as far as I can see) but I seem to have wrote about it slightly in my notes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Levels)
    i'm learning them
    Probably more useful if you are doing a tectonics 40 marker to show flair. I cannot do tectonics because I am doing two human options, not that I would choose it anyway ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimthompson)
    If a 40 mark essay on the causes of poverty comes up, can we use natural disasters say the earthquake of Hati because it's more plate tectonics that than conflicts?
    if it was on causes I would think yes, however Haiti was already incredibly poor due to corruption (from my knowledge anyway), but the earthquake made things worse so in a 40 mark essay I would say write it and you should get marks for synopticity if you bring in tectonics a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IhateAlevels123)
    How likely is retailing to come up as a 40 marker?
    Quite- it's only come up once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badboyblonde69)
    If I'm answering the tectonics 40 marker does anybody know how much of the basic knowledge I need to know or could I get away with just learning the case studies? Thanks!!
    lol there's no way you can get away with case studies. Look at the mark scheme of 40 mark essay, theres only one marking section out of 6 for case studies. Two marking levels are for general understanding of theory and concepts, and then another level for the critical understanding of it etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmcl)
    I will do anything for some solid World Cities essay predictions and Development and Tectonics 25 marker predictions

So stressed trying to learn absolutely everything (bar what was on last year)
    Based on what's come up recently, the world cities essay looks like it could potentially be on Retailing or Planning and management.

As for Development and Globalisation, potentially the Development Continuum and it's relationship to the North South Divide, my teacher also thinks something about the EU will come up or potentially sustainable tourism. (Sustainability could come up as the essay though!)

ReputationRep:
    What is the development continuum?? Is that based on Ledc - nic - medc? Can some one please explain? I know about north south device (that's an outdated theory now due to nics and the new measure is 5 fold decision based on wealth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by treflop1234)
    What is the development continuum?? Is that based on Ledc - nic - medc? Can some one please explain? I know about north south device (that's an outdated theory now due to nics and the new measure is 5 fold decision based on wealth
    what is the new measure? and what do you mean by 5 fold decision based on wealth?
    and yess continuum is the transition from ledc, nic,ric, medc

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think the tectonics essay will be? I know it's likely to be something related to plate tectonic theory but does anyone have any other predictions??

ReputationRep:
    Andddddd can anyone tell me what planning and management issues are? I just need to be reminded haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.