Turn on thread page Beta

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when Keele give offers out?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection.

At least I know, now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    I'm so confused at what's happening at Keele.

I withdrew my application a week ago and cancelled my interview, I rang them and told them and she said it was fine and I withdrew on UCAS. I just got an email regarding my interview on March 16th now. The one you're supposed to get following track.

Gunna ring them and make sure it is just a technical glitch! But seems pretty weird to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is weird! Hopefully they'll sort it out and give the place to someone else, I'd give them a call

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    Rejection.

At least I know, now.
    My condolences what time did it come through? Track or email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morotibaby88)
    Thank you 😌 I'm still waiting to hear about interview from Cardiff, but I'm not super hopeful and they don't give rejections out til March. So just in case I'll definitely start planning out jobs for summer and get the ball rolling to reapply in September.
    Oh I am sorry about your rejection my heart dropped when I read you've been rejected. Keele is my only hope left. Will be so upset if I get rejected too. Do you mind if i ask what your stats are..? Big good luck for Cardiff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnusbane)
    I haven't called yet but I'm seriously considering calling, ahhh gosh
    I'll take one for the team and give them a call as I only called once haha, any questions people want me to ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara0928)
    Oh I am sorry about your rejection my heart dropped when I read you've been rejected. Keele is my only hope left. Will be so upset if I get rejected too. Do you mind if i ask what your stats are..? Big good luck for Cardiff!
    Stay encouraged, there's still hope for you!
    I don't mind at all, my stats are

BBB at A level
    600 Band 2 UKCAT
    Predicted a 2:1 in Biomedical Science
    I didn't take GCSEs but have American qualifications which I hope didn't let me down.

They said my score wasn't high enough so maybe they're referring to my roles and responsibilities form. I can't ask for feedback until April though.

Like I said, stay encouraged, it's not over til it's over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    I'll take one for the team and give them a call as I only called once haha, any questions people want me to ask?
    Yes! I am so happy you're doing this 😂 Will you ask if there are any applications still waiting to be processed? Or if they're just going through the on hold ones now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    When they will give offers out... if you don't mind asking, would be brill

ReputationRep:

BBB at A level
    600 Band 2 UKCAT
    I didn't take GCSEs but have American qualifications which I hope didn't let me down.

They said my score wasn't high enough so maybe they're referring to my roles and responsibilities form. I can't ask for feedback until April though.

Wow pretty good stats, I hope Cardiff goes well for you!

ReputationRep:
    Same. Good look to you! I hope we both hear soon

ReputationRep:

BBB at A level
    600 Band 2 UKCAT

Thank you so so much for sharing. My stats are very similar. I am losing hope fast! I am gutted for you and everyone else who have been rejected. I really hope you get into Cardiff. But your A levels and degree are looking fab so even if you don't get in this year, defoz stay positive and reapply next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    Same. Good look to you! I hope we both hear soon
    Thank you Bigggg good luck to you too. We are in almost identical situation. I hope we both (and everyone else!!!!) hear good news. I have been going crazy refreshing my emails but now I am scared to even look :/ Keep me posted and I will too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    Thanks dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    You are awesome. Thanks a lot!!! I am so confused by this entire application process. So i'll be happy to know any information you find out!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Bigggg good luck to you too. We are in almost identical situation. I hope we both (and everyone else!!!!) hear good news. I have been going crazy refreshing my emails but now I am scared to even look :/ Keep me posted and I will too.
    Yes me too! I think some applicants can be quite selfish but on this thread I really feel like everyone wants everyone else to do well which I really love. I honestly wish we could all have a place! And I hope everyone gets somewhere at least because we all deserve it well done everyone for even getting this far

ReputationRep:
    Rejection email from the uni then track an hour later then an email about how great keele is-Dw I unsubscribed
    Happy I have one offer for medicine though

ReputationRep:
    Rejection

Stats:
    BBB at a Level
    1st and a Masters in Biology related subject
    UKCAT 712.5 band 1

Assume it was because of the roles and responsibilities doc - to be fair I didn't put a lot of effort in as Keele was a way down my preference list. Doesn't really matter because I have an offer at my first choice, but thought I would post this anyway!

Edit: For those applying next year - put lots of effort into R&R doc, it seems to be weighted quite heavily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    Yes me too! I think some applicants can be quite selfish but on this thread I really feel like everyone wants everyone else to do well which I really love. I honestly wish we could all have a place! And I hope everyone gets somewhere at least because we all deserve it well done everyone for even getting this far
    I feel exactly the same! I always thought applicants were selfish etc because it's extremely competitive but people are so understanding and kind on here. I believe it's because we express our genuine thoughts and all of us can relate!! Just seen comments on people with amazing stats being rejected. So it must be to do with the R&R form. It's frustrating because I have no idea whether what I wrote was indeed what they are looking for/good enough :/

ReputationRep:
    So information I got was:

-several hundred people on 'hold'
    - 120 interviews , maybe a few more left to give out.
    -going to send out interviews/rejections to all still waiting in the next few days.

Hope this helps!

Ps. With regards to giving offers post interview they couldn't really say

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.