Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medical-al)
    X
    Hey, could you describe what the timetable looks like for a typical week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingmaker247)
    What would you say are the pros and cons of going to Kings?
    That's a bit of a difficult question if you ask me haha I really enjoy studying here at King's so I don't really have any complaints as such? May be something about admin but everything else is fantastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo.sat)
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but what important medical research is kings doing at the moment?
    I'm not entirely sure yet, I think it's difficult for me to say having only spent a term at King's but I think the asthma research is quite big here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor96)
    Hey, could you describe what the timetable looks like for a typical week?
    Difficult to say really because our timetable differs from week to week. We generally have around 3-4 lectures a day plus problem solving or clinical workshops, tutorials and clinical visits.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think I have to change my interview date as something clashes but I am unsure if the other dates would be any better. What dates have people got coming up for interview, a100. Appreciate your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hze11dhu)
    I think I have to change my interview date as something clashes but I am unsure if the other dates would be any better. What dates have people got coming up for interview, a100. Appreciate your help
    i'm applying for medicine with foundation year but I've got my interview on the 12th of feb

ReputationRep:
    Is there prossection or dissection at kings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medical-al)
    Difficult to say really because our timetable differs from week to week. We generally have around 3-4 lectures a day plus problem solving or clinical workshops, tutorials and clinical visits.

Hope this helps
    Hi, say if there's a particular topic/concept that you are struggling with, apart from asking other students - do you have a specific point of contact ie: a tutor, assigned to you? -that you can just visit/email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Tania Usman)
    Hi, say if there's a particular topic/concept that you are struggling with, apart from asking other students - do you have a specific point of contact ie: a tutor, assigned to you? -that you can just visit/email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everyone is assigned a personal tutor yes, whom you can discuss anything with. They're also happy to see you in person whenever you arrange a meeting. You have compulsory meetings with them too throughout the year.

As well as this, the online website that you access to see your emails, lecture recordings, timetables etc called the Virtual Campus, has an FAQ section. In this section you can go to a particular lecture, leave a question, and it is answered to you by the lecturer who gave that exact lecture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo.sat)
    Is there prossection or dissection at kings?
    We have both, but more dissections (from my experience so far)

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Everyone is assigned a personal tutor yes, whom you can discuss anything with. They're also happy to see you in person whenever you arrange a meeting. You have compulsory meetings with them too throughout the year.

As well as this, the online website that you access to see your emails, lecture recordings, timetables etc called the Virtual Campus, has an FAQ section. In this section you can go to a particular lecture, leave a question, and it is answered to you by the lecturer who gave that exact lecture.
    That's great -thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    when attaching your passport, what section/ category did you put it under on Kings Apply thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0shas0)
    when attaching your passport, what section/ category did you put it under on Kings Apply thanks
    go a few pages back youll find the answer i forgot which category i chose

ReputationRep:
    i think it only takes about GCSE certificates :/
    (Original post by samim_s)
    go a few pages back youll find the answer i forgot which category i chose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0shas0)
    i think it only takes about GCSE certificates :/
    No im pretty sure u can add your a level ones aswell i think the category is high school something like that

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on the 16th of December, and have not heard anything from King's. Is anyone in the same position? Have any offers been given out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    I had my interview on the 16th of December, and have not heard anything from King's. Is anyone in the same position? Have any offers been given out?
    Same here, had my interview on the 14th and haven't heard back from them yet. Two people on here got offers a couple of Friday's ago

ReputationRep:
    For those who had their interview, it says on the interview information document that the interview is 40 minutes but the whole process is 1 hour 45 minutes. What happens in the extra 1 hour and 5 mins? Is there a campus tour or something like that?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.