Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

Sent my application off on the 6th... Mathematics at Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick and Durham, all G100

Got an offer from Warwick on the 8th which is rather quick... but haven't heard anything else since then. My friends are getting offers from UCL and Durham for G103, and one for Durham G100...... Bit of worried now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazatron3000)
    Me too - I'm so jealous still waiting for Durham.
    What grades/predictions do you have?
    Average UMS 93%. AAAA. Predicted either A*AA or A* A* A. Believe it or not they offered me AAA lol. Dead happy. Good luck don't worry about it. As I said, everyone else at school is still waiting and they have good grades too. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from:

Bath
    Bristol
    Newcastle
    Nottingham
    Sheffield

and how long did it take to receive the offer? (In particular for biology)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparster)
    Average UMS 93%. AAAA. Predicted either A*AA or A* A* A. Believe it or not they offered me AAA lol. Dead happy. Good luck don't worry about it. As I said, everyone else at school is still waiting and they have good grades too. Good luck!
    That's amazing, I got AAAA but my UMS was nowhere near that high. What subjects do you do and when did you get your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perpetua)
    Sent my application off on the 6th... Mathematics at Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick and Durham, all G100

Got an offer from Warwick on the 8th which is rather quick... but haven't heard anything else since then. My friends are getting offers from UCL and Durham for G103, and one for Durham G100...... Bit of worried now
    Just out of curiosity, in which order would you rank these unis? Which uni would you have picked as firm or insurance provided that you got offers from all? I know that they are basically the best unis for maths but I am just interested in how people would "rank" them

(Original post by TheSnazzyMan)
    Just out of curiosity, in which order would you rank these unis? Which uni would you have picked as firm or insurance provided that you got offers from all? I know that they are basically the best unis for maths but I am just interested in how people would "rank" them
    If I can get offers from all five, that would be: Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick/Durham... I like London more because more of my friends are there... What about you? What are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Got a Bristol offer on the 19th September, didn't apply for the others.
    How long did they take to get back to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perpetua)
    If I can get offers from all five, that would be: Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick/Durham... I like London more because more of my friends are there... What about you? What are you applying?
    I'm an EU student (Austria) and went for
    -) Cambridge (Queens'): Maths (waiting for decision on interview)
    -) Warwick: MMORSE
    -) LSE: Maths & Econ
    -) Birmingham, Manchester: Maths

I already have a conditional offer from Warwick (which is basically unconditional for me), so I could just drop Birmingham and Manchester (offer as well) I guess. Would've liked to apply to Imperial and UCL but I thought I should go safe and choose some Unis with lower offers. So basically for me, it is either Warwick or Cambridge now.

Have been studying Maths in Vienna for a month now and I can say it's extremely heavy and demanding. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katemate98)
    How long did they take to get back to you?
    Sorry I meant 15th October, my application was sent in on the 7th October, so just over a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana27)
    Ooh congrats on the interview, good luck :grin:. I applied to Lancaster, Bristol, Bath, Cambridge and Durham, currently I have offers from the first 3.
    What course have you applied to? congrats btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received offers for psychology from the following unis...?

- Bath
    - Durham
    - Exeter
    - Birmingham
    - Loughborough

Trying to keep calm here 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied and got an offer for economics/ management courses at:

Loughborough
    Southampton
    Royal Holloway

Sent application off on the 2nd of november and still no offers, starting to kinda of worry.

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing, I got AAAA but my UMS was nowhere near that high. What subjects do you do and when did you get your offer?
    Very nice grades! You should get an offer I wouldn't worry about it. I did Geography, Economics, Latin and Maths. Dropped maths this year. I got my offer around 4 days ago now.

ReputationRep:
    Applied on Friday for computer science, received an offer from Portsmouth last night

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samhelyes)
    Applied on Friday for computer science, received an offer from Portsmouth last night

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! That was so quick! 🙉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One does not simply walk into Liverpool my friend.

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional with all your mums so stfu Elliot is a ss officer watch out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwangevans7)
    Nice your friend must be insanely smart
    One does not simply walk into Liverpool my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hgfhyun)
    Well done lets hope you don't get killed there, elliot owen is a tall ss guy watch out!!
    WTF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hgfhyun)
    Well done lets hope you don't get killed there, elliot owen is a tall ss guy watch out!!
    This is supposed to be a friendly, supportive forum.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.