Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from 4KBW? They said that they would get in touch by the end of last week but no news. Rejection by silence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radebe91)
    That's great stuff. It must have been about my 20th!
    I'm the same. 18th on Saturday with Lincoln. Two reserves in total just

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murphy39)
    They only interview the people who applied for a residential scholarship and were successful in getting a BPTC scholarship. I'm afraid I don't know how many they are interviewing but I know there are 4 places in the flat.
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    Do you have any idea how many they're interviewing? For some reason, I was labouring under the impression that all applicants who received awards would be interviewed but I was obviously wrong. It'd be nice to know what our odds are.
    Were your interviews today or wednesday? i'm just wondering what time they went on until to get a sense of how many there were

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcafc)
    Were your interviews today or wednesday? i'm just wondering what time they went on until to get a sense of how many there were
    I got told they were interviewing 12 of us for 4 spaces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcafc)
    Also my Interview was yesterday and lasted 15 minutes

(Original post by Legally Bronde)
    Has anyone heard back from 4KBW? They said that they would get in touch by the end of last week but no news. Rejection by silence?
    I have got a letter by post from them yesterday thanking for participing in the interviewS (despite the fact that I had only one) and saying that they do not offer me a pupillage (not a second round) and misspelling my name. I think it is a generic one for both first and second round rejections. Not applying there again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pupillagebound)
    I have got a letter by post from them yesterday thanking for participing in the interviewS (despite the fact that I had only one) and saying that they do not offer me a pupillage (not a second round) and misspelling my name. I think it is a generic one for both first and second round rejections. Not applying there again...

Why not applying again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legally Bronde)
    I still haven't heard anything either but I actually emailed them yesterday to ask politely should we take it as rejection by silence but they haven't replied so if I hear anything at all I will let you know. Someone mentioned above that they had received a postal rejection - apparently arrived yesterday. Well so far I haven't had that so fingers crossed it doesn't arrive today and could be slight hope...

ReputationRep:
    I got told they were interviewing 12 of us for 4 spaces.
    Did you ask them this in interview? How did yours go?

I'd be surprised if I got one of the places - I didn't get a good feeling coming out of my interview and I do not feel as though I was as eloquent as I could have been. Also, I am doing BPTC part-time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    Did you ask them this in interview? How did yours go?

I'd be surprised if I got one of the places - I didn't get a good feeling coming out of my interview and I do not feel as though I was as eloquent as I could have been. Also, I am doing BPTC part-time.
    I asked the guy who was waiting outside and ticking names off the sheet how many people they were interviewing.

I think my interview went ok. I could've given better answers but I found the need based questions difficult to answer and rambled a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I asked the guy who was waiting outside and ticking names off the sheet how many people they were interviewing.

I think my interview went ok. I could've given better answers but I found the need based questions difficult to answer and rambled a bit.
    Yeah I got a bad vibe when it came to need questions. I anticipated scrutiny but it felt very severe

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else baffled by No5 application form? I tried to 'print it' to see what it would look like. Can we only fill in enough information to fill the box, no more, as it will be cut off?

Edit: Just saw the "The boxes on this form are designed not to expand – please check contents to ensure that they fit the box."

ReputationRep:

(Original post by gcafc)
    Yeah I got a bad vibe when it came to need questions. I anticipated scrutiny but it felt very severe
    Interestingly, it was on the contributing to the life of the Inn aspect which I feel I fell down on. I anticipated it being the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nordic)
    Anyone else baffled by No5 application form? I tried to 'print it' to see what it would look like. Can we only fill in enough information to fill the box, no more, as it will be cut off?

Edit: Just saw the "The boxes on this form are designed not to expand – please check contents to ensure that they fit the box."
    Totally baffled. You can expand the boxes using the little thing in the bottom right hand corner, but then if you "save" the application they reduce back down to size. no idea how anyone could fit their entire employment history into one of these boxes.

Where is the print option?

Also, is "save" their version of "submit"? If so, I've just submitted an application that I have not proof-read. Great.

So confused!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treaties4U)
    Totally baffled. You can expand the boxes using the little thing in the bottom right hand corner, but then if you "save" the application they reduce back down to size. no idea how anyone could fit their entire employment history into one of these boxes.

Where is the print option?

Also, is "save" their version of "submit"? If so, I've just submitted an application that I have not proof-read. Great.

So confused!!
    I also had a bit of a carry on with this application and yes I think save is their version of submit as I made the same mistake!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treaties4U)
    no idea how anyone could fit their entire employment history into one of these boxes.
    Indeed, especially since they ask you to use a new line for each entry. Likewise for education.

I actually hadn't seen the 'boxes do not expand' thing. That's nuts.

ReputationRep:
    No5 application form is absolute madness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pupiltobe23)
    No5 application form is absolute madness.

I've clicked save and the website went blank - but haven't had a confirmation email that it's been submitted correctly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pups1)
    I've clicked save and the website went blank - but haven't had a confirmation email that it's been submitted correctly...
    Seems odd- have you tried submitting it again?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an email with mailer daemon returned to them? I sent a Pupillage application last night and got this tonight. Is it spam? I really don't need my emails messing up at this time of year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.